Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe's mom ready to auction off his high school memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg Slim
    I believe LeBron's mom did this as well but she sold his stuff on ebay while he was still in high school
    yup she sold his stuff and her stuff

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Kobe's mom is racist? Or maybe it was her protecting her son from a gold digger? What makes more sense to you?

Also Kobe's mom was hot.
    His parents are old and old fashioned. They didn't want their soon to be star son to marry some young Mexican chick instead of a nice black chick.

And yes she was. Where do you think Kobe got his looks from?

Dunking on everybody in the park chosen_wun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by secund2nun
    Kobe's parents are racist B*tches who obviously care more about skin color than their own children and grand children. If I was Kobe I would tell them to go F themselves and wouldn't feel once ounce of remorse that they aren't in my life.
    This.

Banned

Ive heard of Joe Bryant mentioned frequently at various times thru Kobes career.career. This is the first I ever found out he was a bigot.

Boy if he were a white guy who disapproved of interracial marriage his name could not be mentioned on this board or others without it turning into a 100 page bashfest.

Guess dats dat old double standard thing.

#doublestandard #PCwhitenerds #sensitivef@ggots

i will only buy his Lower Uncton memorabilia

Kobe quietly confirmed this week that Joe is uncomfortable that Vanessa, a Latina, is not African American, and he is uneasy with Bryant's selfless devotion to her.
    I read something a while ago that indicated the situation was a bit deeper than only involving racial bias.

Its on the record that Kobe's parents thought that she was too young and that he should wait awhile before making up his mind.

I also read that Kobe and Vanessa "messed around" when she was underage (consent is 18 in Cali), and that her family threatened to go public if he didn't put the ring on her finger.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    kobe's parents are racist. i thought everyone knew the story

That article is what 6 or 7 years old now? Kobe and his parents have long since reconciled. I know Joe was at the 2010 NBA Finals, and the article about Joe in SI last year made it seem that the mother was back in with Kobe as well.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    i will only buy his Lower Uncton memorabilia

Love the Married...With Children reference.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by caliman
    That article is what 6 or 7 years old now? Kobe and his parents have long since reconciled. I know Joe was at the 2010 NBA Finals, and the article about Joe in SI last year made it seem that the mother was back in with Kobe as well.
    once a racist. always a racist.

is it just coincidence that his parents are again distant since kobe got back with his wife

Banned

I think they are selling Kobe's stuff because it's about damn time. Unless he wants to keep it for himself which I doubt Kobe cares.

It comes to a point where Kobe is no longer a kid and all those awards and accolades can be sold to fans who appreciate them.

It's like all your awards that you left at your parents. It comes at a time when they will put them away or throw them away if you no longer need them.

It can be sold for charity too.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I think they are selling Kobe's stuff because it's about damn time. Unless he wants to keep it for himself which I doubt Kobe cares.

It comes to a point where Kobe is no longer a kid and all those awards and accolades can be sold to fans who appreciate them.

It's like all your awards that you left at your parents. It comes at a time when they will put them away or throw them away if you no longer need them.

It can be sold for charity too.

lol! jordan displaying cereal box's and shoes
    lol@ russells fake finals mvp award
    Last edited by kennethgriffin; 05-01-2013 at 05:54 PM.

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

once a racist. always a racist.

is it just coincidence that his parents are again distant since kobe got back with his wife
    I don't think they're racist just because they didn't want their son to marry this woman. Maybe that's just a family being protective of their child.

And Vanessa is no saint herself if you believe the things reported about her. Maybe they just don't like her because of her character. And they're in a much better position to determine what that character is than any of us are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25
    I don't think they're racist just because they didn't want their son to marry this woman. Maybe that's just a family being protective of their child.

And Vanessa is no saint herself if you believe the things reported about her. Maybe they just don't like her because of her character. And they're in a much better position to determine what that character is than any of us are.

ummm.. nobodies guessing that theyre racist. we know they are. did you read the quote?

i'l post it again

Disappointed with his son's marriage almost two years ago, Joe Bryant is no longer part of Kobe's life, but Laker star hopes that changes...

"My mom asked me to leave him a ticket, so of course I did," Kobe said, his voice dropping. "But I knew he wouldn't come down and see me. He never does." He didn't wave or call out. He didn't visit the locker room. He didn't speak to the son from whom he has been quietly estranged for nearly two years.

While declining to offer details of a rift made public by his father, Kobe quietly confirmed this week that Joe is uncomfortable that Vanessa, a Latina, is not African American, and he is uneasy with Bryant's selfless devotion to her.

Said Kobe: "Sure, I miss my father. Who wouldn't miss his father?"

Said Joe: "Once he decided to get married, it's his life now."

His parents did not come to Kobe and Vanessa's wedding two summers ago. Joe has not seen the couple's new house in Orange County. Joe has never met the couple's first child, his granddaughter Natalia, who was born in January. When Kobe's Philadelphia-area high school retired his number last season, his parents sat in one section of the bleachers, while Vanessa sat in another section.

"It's not about basketball," Kobe said. "It's about having somebody to go to a ballgame with. It's about having somebody to hang out with. That's what I miss. Sure I hope we can get back together," Kobe said at the Laker practice facility Friday. "When the time is right, if he wants to come and sit down and discuss things, we can do that."

Local High School Star Goldrush25's Avatar

ummm.. nobodies guessing that theyre racist. we know they are. did you read the quote?

i'l post it again
    Big deal. Most white fathers would be "uncomfortable" with their daughter dating a black man. Same with most black men having daughters dating white men. Doesn't make them racist.

That's the culture people born in the 60s and 70s grew up in. I think there is a middle ground between being a racist and having reservations about who your son/daughter is marrying based on their race.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrush25
    Big deal. Most white fathers would be "uncomfortable" with their daughter dating a black man. Same with most black men having daughters dating white men. Doesn't make them racist.

That's the culture people born in the 60s and 70s grew up in. I think there is a middle ground between being a racist and having reservations about who your son/daughter is marrying based on their race.

actually thats the definition of racism

[QUOTE]rac