Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Amare calls Odom's 19 pt 19 reb performance "Lucky" LMAO

he did have a lucky game. i bet u hes gonna score 5 pts and 5 rebounds next game

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    That's awesome, Lamar is the kind of player that NEEDS things like this to motivate him or else he'll sleep through the next few games.

he needs Coffee and candy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
    Odom=champion
    Amare=No defense playing dunker..Poor man's Shawn Kemp.
    Immediatly lost credibility here with that dumb stan statement.

Robert horry isn't the best player of all time just because he has like 11 rings u idiot.

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

How many rebounds did the great Gasol have? at LAL fans harping on 3 boards when their PF had the same amount, despite playing late in the 4th quarter to pad his stats (Amare 23/3, Gasol 19/3). Of course, these are the same people who said Bynum>Amare earlier this year! http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...16#post3773216
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=156573

Odom came into last night averaging 9/9 in the playoffs. LAL fans know how inconsistent he is. In that sense last night was a fluke. LAL fans should know this because a few months ago we were being told how bad Kobe's "supporting cast" is and Odom not showing up on most nights is precisely what LAL fans cited to criticize Odom (Gasol was called soft and "Paula", Fisher a scrub, and Artest a chucker ).

Bookmarking this thread for when Kobe has a bad game or two and LAL fans blame Odom and co. for the LAL losing!
    Last edited by Roundball_Rock; 05-18-2010 at 07:13 PM.

National High School Star

I think some of you guys are not understanding what luck means. Luck means his good game had nothing to do with how he was playing. Inconsistent yes, lucky? Yeah, 19 rebounds just happened to fall his way right? Even his own coach thought the comment was idiotic. No wonder Amare never gets better, why bother training harder when you can just get lucky for 19 rebounds?

Derka
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Yeah, THAT is the smart thing to say to your opponent in the heat of a Conference Finals series.

The scoring might be "luck" but Lamar gets double-digit rebounds in his sleep. Amare needs to STFU..

Good college starter Eldrunko247's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    Immediatly lost credibility here with that dumb stan statement.

Robert horry isn't the best player of all time just because he has like 11 rings u idiot.
    Immediately lost credibility when you couldn't spell "Immediatly".
    Unlike the one gift wrapped by the refs and Sterne to the Heat right? Uhhh, Amare hasn't proved jack sht in his career. He's a career loser. Dumb as a brick one dimensional stat padder. Horry is a better player than Amare stupid. Learn something.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeypox
    I think some of you guys are not understanding what luck means. Luck means his good game had nothing to do with how he was playing. Inconsistent yes, lucky? Yeah, 19 rebounds just happened to fall his way right? Even his own coach thought the comment was idiotic. No wonder Amare never gets better, why bother training harder when you can just get lucky for 19 rebounds?

Lucky as in he can't duplicate the same performance consistently.. Thats what he meant.. he was averaging 9ppg/9rpg coming into this series. aint that luck ??

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball_Rock
    How many rebounds did the great Gasol have? at LAL fans harping on 3 boards when their PF had the same amount, despite playing late in the 4th quarter to pad his stats (Amare 23/3, Gasol 19/3).

Odom came into last night averaging 9/9 in the playoffs. LAL fans know how inconsistent he is. In that sense last night was a fluke. LAL fans should know this because a few months ago we were being told how bad Kobe's "supporting cast" is and Odom not showing up on most nights is precisely what LAL fans cited to criticize Odom (Gasol was called soft and "Paula", Fisher a scrub, and Artest a chucker ).

Bookmarking this thread for when Kobe has a bad game or two and LAL fans blame Odom and co. for the LAL losing! Of course, these are the same people who said Bynum>Amare earlier this year! http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...16#post3773216
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=156573

Quote Originally Posted by Eldrunko247
    Immediately lost credibility when you couldn't spell "Immediatly".
    Unlike the one gift wrapped by the refs and Sterne to the Heat right? Uhhh, Amare hasn't proved jack sht in his career. He's a career loser. Dumb as a brick one dimensional stat padder. Horry is a better player than Amare stupid. Learn something.

Robert Horry better than Amare?

-1 u are at -2 already.

Keep it going son

Amare > Lamar odom.

Oh and stop being a grammar nazi, nobody cares. I don't

Very good NBA starter

Odom's rebounding back in january (and in general) was a huge help to some of my fantasy teams. Had a string of really great rebounding games in the beginning of the year: 10, 15, 19, 16, 13, 17, 12, 14, 2, 16, 10, 14... Hell he averaged nearly 10 boards in 32 minutes a game. Wouldn't really call his 19 rebounds "lucky"... Comments like these from "Stat" are partly why for the first time in my life, ever, I find myself rooting for the Lakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Showtime
    Can you blame him? Amare thinks all rebounds are luck based, which is why he's never committed to work hard on the block and box out.
    Dennis Rodman ought to slap him across the face.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Odom's rebounding back in january (and in general) was a huge help to some of my fantasy teams. Had a string of really great rebounding games in the beginning of the year: 10, 15, 19, 16, 13, 17, 12, 14, 2, 16, 10, 14... Hell he averaged nearly 10 boards in 32 minutes a game. Wouldn't really call his 19 rebounds "lucky"... Comments like these from "Stat" are partly why for the first time in my life, ever, I find myself rooting for the Lakers.

I would liek to see who he rounded so well against .. can you post the teams he was playing when he got those rebounds ??

It's all Turkododo do! BallPhunk's Avatar

How many rebounds did the great Gasol have? at LAL fans harping on 3 boards when their PF had the same amount, despite playing late in the 4th quarter to pad his stats (Amare 23/3, Gasol 19/3).
    Some perspective might be nice...

For the 2010 playoffs:

Odom: 104 rebounds in 11 games

Amare: 73 rebounds in 11 games

Gasol: 135 rebounds in 11 games

^not luck.

As I said - Amare kills Lamar in points, but those rebounding stats are still a sad indictment of Amare's game and overall weakness. Lamar is a bench/role player to some extent too.

So maybe some of the criticism is deserved.

Odom came into last night averaging 9/9 in the playoffs. LAL fans know how inconsistent he is. In that sense last night was a fluke.
    A fluke would be if he wasn't really capable of that, BUT Lamar throws up double doubles all the time. He's frequently stepped up when Bynum is hurt.

Lamar has had rebounding games just above or below 15 quite a few times this year.

The rest of your argument is a lot about nothing related.