Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Let's revisit Magic Johnson's 1995-1996 season with the Lakers...

Quote Originally Posted by TAZORAC
    Everybody with common sense knows that as time passes people get better. Alabama or LSU's college football team could beat NFL teams from 80s. Tennis players today are better then Tennis players from days gone bye.

Magic Johnson was LUCKY he played in Los Angeles which is a big market area. If Magic Johson will his SKILL SET played with the Sacramento Kings or Denver Nuggets, we'd barely know who he was.
    DIDN'T REAAAAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    But he's not athletic. So obviously, 'Notowski' would = Scalabrine, riding someone's bench in today's game, yadda yadda yadda. Eat a d*ck.
    yea he's not athletic, if you knew anything about basketball you would see the point I was trying to make. He's 7'0 MEANING HE DOESN'T NEED TO BE AS ATHLETIC WAS A GUY 6'7 idiot.

Is it harder to guard a guy 7'0 with a deadly jump shot or is it harder to guard a guy 6'7? Can you answer that?

Hell yes, another retarded user to add to my ignore list!

Magic Johnson was LUCKY he played in Los Angeles which is a big market area. If Magic Johson will his SKILL SET played with the Sacramento Kings or Denver Nuggets, we'd barely know who he was.
    Yeah, he got lucky he averaged almost a triple double over 2 years in college so he could be the 1st pick in the draft...

SOOO LUCKY MAGIC JOHNSON!!! LOLOL We'd barely know him...hahahaha

[COLOR="White"]/sarcasm[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Yeah, he got lucky he averaged almost a triple double over 2 years in college so he could be the 1st pick in the draft...

SOOO LUCKY MAGIC JOHNSON!!! LOLOL We'd barely know him...hahahaha

[COLOR="White"]/sarcasm[/COLOR]
    KURT THOMAS was the leading scorer IN THE NATION his senior year in college.

Yes this KURT THOMAS

Humble yourself Pushxx..I'm by far the most knowledgeable person on this forum. I'm the resident expert here.
    Last edited by TAZORAC; 01-23-2012 at 08:25 PM.

Banned

yea he's not athletic, if you knew anything about basketball you would see the point I was trying to make. He's 7'0 MEANING HE DOESN'T NEED TO BE AS ATHLETIC WAS A GUY 6'7 idiot.

Is it harder to guard a guy 7'0 with a deadly jump shot or is it harder to guard a guy 6'7? Can you answer that?
    How tall was Larry Bird again? And are you telling me that the only way guys like Bird and Dirk get/got points is by shooting jumpers over people? They have no driving ability, no post up games? And this is just purely scoring, not taking into account rebounding, passing ability, overall basketball IQ. But Larry Bird=Scalabrine because he's not 7' tall like Dirk?

And you have the nerve to say I don't know anything about basketball

Yes this KURT THOMAS

Humble yourself Pushxx..I'm by far the most unknowledgeable person on this forum. I'm the resident idiot here.
    fixed!

Humble yourself Pushxx..I'm by far the most knowledgeable person on this forum. I'm the resident expert here.
    Yeah and he was the 10th pick. Magic was the 1st pick...

Plus, following your logic, you're saying that if a better team picked Kurt Thomas, he would have turned into one of the 3 best players that ever played basketball?

Cause that's the logic you have. You said people would barely know who Magic was if he wasn't picked by the Lakers.

Great college starter

Magic Johnson was slow and had no jump shot, don't fool yourself. Magic Johnson or Larry Bird wouldn't even start on a NBA team today

TROLLING MUCH???

Goat

Quote Originally Posted by bwink23
    TROLLING MUCH???
    Your probably like 21 and never seen a full Magic Johnson game. You just know him because he's popular.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NugzHeat3
    It's amazing how he just returns and puts up a sick statline in like 25 minutes or so. A classic moment too when he put that ball fake on Sprewell and the Forum erupted.
    Alright, so in 1996, I was in 6th grade. That means when Johnson announced his retirement in 1991, I was heading into just 2nd grade. Subsequently, I never really got to watch him play prior to his comeback. Only highlights. And even then, seeing the same highlights over and over became a little numbing (always the right hand, ball-on-a-platter, no-look shovel pass).

But that night, January 30, 1996 (the day my brother was born), when Magic Johnson checked in and just moments after entering, pulled off that ball-fake on Latrell Sprewell, I felt I was instantly made aware of the magic I'd missed throughout Johnson's early career. That one ball fake was enough to illustrate how he operated on a different level from anyone else who'd ever played the game. By that I mean, I realized it is quite different to watch a great player play and experience the beauty unfolding, as opposed to watching highlights where you know what's coming. That play might not even be in Magic's all-time top 20, but I'd never seen anything like it to that point.

That electric Sprewell fake: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeqkGwnHqrQ

Your probably like 21 and never seen a full Magic Johnson game. You just know him because he's popular.
    Magic couldn't shoot? Is that why he was a career 85% from the charity stripe?

Next...

Magic in my book flat balled for that Lakers team. And the best player on the team. He came off the bench and did great though. And he was doing it at 36 or 37 years old. What's scary is that Magic came damn close to being able to play with Shaq AND Kobe! Both arrived that very next year!

I only watched Prime Magic Johnson ion NBA greatest games, and some of the Showtime Lakers games on youtube. He was a great baller. Magic in last great season led the Lakers in the 1991 NBA Finals.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 01-24-2012 at 01:08 AM.