Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: 76ers Biggest Threat To Land Brand

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    I know it couldn't happen financially I was just saying. Where does Steven Hunter play now? He's a solid big man.
    We traded him last summer for REG-GIE, REG-GIE! Reggie Evans. Hunter in Denver

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
    I know it couldn't happen financially I was just saying. Where does Steven Hunter play now? He's a solid big man.
    Steven Hunter doesn't play now.

He watches the Denver Nuggets play.

The original thought in Philly newspapers was that the Sixers would try to make a trade to free up a little more cap room for Josh Smith so that the Hawks wouldnt want to match. I guess ESPN feels it's for Brand.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Posterize246
    The original thought in Philly newspapers was that the Sixers would try to make a trade to free up a little more cap room for Josh Smith so that the Hawks wouldnt want to match. I guess ESPN feels it's for Brand.
    Josh Smith is a RFA.

Philly could offer him as much as possible and Atlanta has the ability to match it then talk to teams about a trade a few months or weeks later.

Quote Originally Posted by Interminator
    Josh Smith is a RFA.

Philly could offer him as much as possible and Atlanta has the ability to match it then talk to teams about a trade a few months or weeks later.
    That's what I'm saying. The thought is that The Hawks won't go over a certain amout. Philly was going to try to trade a little salary (i guess its rodney carney now) to add more money to the smith deal so that the hawks wouldn't want to match.

Whether this is trying to free up cap space to give Brand a big offer or to put more money into an offer sheet for Josh Smith (so that Atlanta won't want to match), I hope we get one of them. If we trade Carney for just money that we don't even use we'll look like jackasses.

Its for both but Elton Brand has been the Sixers #1 option. Josh Smith #2.

5yr $66mil deal for Josh Smith (as far as what Sixers could offer the most not taking into consideration the official salary cap number) is ideal. As far as starting price. Elton Brand? There is no way you even think about telling his agent "This is what we could only offer you, but we are waiting for the new salary cap number so maybe its a lil more". Considering what LAC and GSW could offer? Sixers would get hung up on. Clearing more room and potentially maybe getting just a lil more if the salary cap is to the Sixers advantage? Then you can throw Brand a deal to make him think.

He snubs us? Then your backup Josh Smith can get the money in hopes Atlanta says "Thats a bit too rich for our tastes". But Brand has always been the Sixers #1 target. But I dont see why he would leave LAC for GSW or Philly considering he can still get a nice chunk of money staying in LA but also be on a competitive team next to Kaman with Baron running the show. GSW doesnt offer that. And neither does Philly even tho they are a promising franchise and he gave them props when posed would he ever come here.

I cant knock Sixers clearing cap room even if they lose out on Brand and Josh Smith. Booth is a bum and while you lose an athletic player in Carney, you can replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Its for both but Elton Brand has been the Sixers #1 option. Josh Smith #2.

5yr $66mil deal for Josh Smith (as far as what Sixers could offer the most not taking into consideration the official salary cap number) is ideal. As far as starting price. Elton Brand? There is no way you even think about telling his agent "This is what we could only offer you, but we are waiting for the new salary cap number so maybe its a lil more". Considering what LAC and GSW could offer? Sixers would get hung up on. Clearing more room and potentially maybe getting just a lil more if the salary cap is to the Sixers advantage? Then you can throw Brand a deal to make him think.

He snubs us? Then your backup Josh Smith can get the money in hopes Atlanta says "Thats a bit too rich for our tastes". But Brand has always been the Sixers #1 target. But I dont see why he would leave LAC for GSW or Philly considering he can still get a nice chunk of money staying in LA but also be on a competitive team next to Kaman with Baron running the show. GSW doesnt offer that. And neither does Philly even tho they are a promising franchise and he gave them props when posed would he ever come here.

I cant knock Sixers clearing cap room even if they lose out on Brand and Josh Smith. Booth is a bum and while you lose an athletic player in Carney, you can replace him.
    I can't believe Billy King gave him a player option. But I disagree as far as why Brand should go back to LAC because it's a competitive team. Brand would put Philly into the 4th/5th spot in the east wouldn't he? If he goes back to LAC aren't they still fighting to make the playoffs?

Local High School Star sixerfan3511's Avatar

I say we could be as high as 3 if we get him, or as low as 6. But we have a lot more young pieces than say a team like Washington or Cleveland. So 2-3 years down the road we would be a big time contender if we continue on this upward slope. Like Gobb said, if we whiff on Brand we have a good shot at Smith, which isn't a bad backup plan.

BTW...i posted this last night, it's on the 2nd page of topics. First reported news by me

Quote Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
    I say we could be as high as 3 if we get him, or as low as 6. But we have a lot more young pieces than say a team like Washington or Cleveland. So 2-3 years down the road we would be a big time contender if we continue on this upward slope. Like Gobb said, if we whiff on Brand we have a good shot at Smith, which isn't a bad backup plan.

BTW...i posted this last night, it's on the 2nd page of topics. First reported news by me
    It'll be hard to pass Orlando for that 3 spot. Howard/Hedo/Rashard/Jameer is a good nucleus

It'll be hard to pass Orlando for that 3 spot. Howard/Hedo/Rashard/Jameer is a good nucleus
    so is Brand, Iguodala, Miller, and Dalembert...we have a better overall cast IMO with the whole roster

Brand put his house on the market? Sounds like a good indicator for the 76ers...

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/b...13/celebrities

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    Brand put his house on the market? Sounds like a good indicator for the 76ers...

http://www.bergproperties.com/blog/b...13/celebrities

Yes, let's ignore the fact he put that house on sale on way before any of this occurred and he still owns another house in LA.

Brand owns several other properties, including a place at 942 S. Mansfield Avenue in Los Angeles that he purchased in August 2007

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Sixers will be f'n legit if they get Brand. Thad young is a stud, and theyve still got one of the more underrated PG's in the game in Andre Miller. Plus a legit 5-4 option in Dalembert and Brand? Nice..