Made that high school varsity squad Westbrook0's Avatar

Default What are Pistons fans thinking of Reggie Jackson so far?

I've seen his stats, but how has he been, intangibles wise?

Why did he only play 24 minutes against the Wizards?

Default Re: What are Pistons fans thinking of Reggie Jackson so far?

Because he sucks. Dinwiddie was completely outplaying him.

NBA Superstar

He looks like a player trying to find his way. Whereas a guy like D.J. Augustin was a lifelong point guard and lengthy NBA veteran who knew exactly what his role should be, Jackson's hit me as a guy who's been asked to be an underrated energy burst his whole career and is now trying to find a way to harness it all.

It looks like he can be a dangerous attacker and someone capable of delivering the rock well enough. The biggest hurdle is just finding the right time to do each. I think I read he had seven shots blocked against the Knicks - that wouldn't surprise me. It definitely seemed like he was trying to will his way to the hoop at all costs, which could likely be the result of a guy who's trying to figure things out.

Basically, I think I'll have to wait until he finds a form of mental equilibrium before drawing any real conclusions. Though, I will say, I took a look at his career long-range numbers and for a team that plays Van Gundy ball, those digits aren't too encouraging.

Reggie should be asked to distribute, he is an underrated ball distributor since he is a hotheaded chucker most of the time. But SVG can mold him into a move the ball first PG, I'd give him a maximum amount of shots per game too. All in all he can be useful if coach can get him under control.

Honestly the biggest problem I have with him is his outside shooting. He can't knock that down at all, but insists on taking them.

During the Knicks comeback, and falling behind to the Wizards by 20 points he was taking to many shots and not passing the ball at all.

He seems to be a good passer when he decides to do it.

NBA sixth man of the year

Didn't he get benched in the 4th quarter of last nights game? At least thats what dude said on the highlights on NBA TV...

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Looks like we got Jenning's chucker part so far. Embersyc is right. I know he needs to find his game in a new team but he need to think twice before makings those bold shot he tries. He can be a valuable piece and I still trust he can be special.

Interesting two-guards next season for Detroit. If we keep Monroe, we have a chance to get 2nd round in the playoff.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Didn't he get benched in the 4th quarter of last nights game? At least thats what dude said on the highlights on NBA TV...
    It was more a matter of going with what was working. Van Gundy's done that throughout the season. Brandon Jennings sat a few fourth quarters in the first week of the season, simply because the group was best clicking with D.J. Augustin at the time.

I kind of like that aspect of Van Gundy. There's a lot of coaches who'd say, "Yeah, well Spencer Dinwiddie's played nice for me so far tonight, but I better get back to my horses." Instead, he just let Dinwiddie go, because he was playing ball (20 points, 8 assists).