Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Default Re: The Harden Trade: Worst Trade Ever?

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    How many times is the same ****ing thread going to get made
    The stupidity and magnitude of the trade warrants it.

Good college starter Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Horde of Temujin
    The stupidity and magnitude of the trade warrants it.
    Package A - A great offensive wing who can't play D

Package B - A big who can rebound+defend and a high potential wing.

Which of the 2 above packages would you rather have? That doesn't even include the 1-year rental of KMart.

Ppl keep ripping on the trade w/o even acknowledging OKC could've lost Harden for nothing.

Adams is a beast and has the potential to be an All-Star - something more valuable as a big than a wing.

Lamb can be a beast and has high potential, but Brooks doesn't know how to use all player-types and Lamb has been lost in limbo.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Cheesesteak
    Lamb can be a beast and has high potential, but Brooks doesn't know how to use all player-types and Lamb has been lost in limbo.
    Lambo lost in limbo.

Dunking on everybody in the park TrueBlue89's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    He's a great REGULAR SEASON player. His game doesn't translate well in the playoffs with his reliance on getting to the free throw line.

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    He's a great REGULAR SEASON player. His game doesn't translate well in the playoffs with his reliance on getting to the free throw line.
    Lin stan, hold this L.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs5Rings2014

He got it right. Yes Oklahoma could have easily have those players at one time but I dunno about keeping them all for awhile. The luxury tax is a given fact but winning needs a stroke of luck. That's the reason Dallas did not take the risk because the risk outweighs the price. A lot of times it all boils down to business. I remember Lakers did not pick up Horry option because they did not want to pay another 5 million in doing so and the Lakers have deep pocket.
    Last edited by Rooster; 05-27-2015 at 04:39 PM.

Package A - A great offensive wing who can't play D

Package B - A big who can rebound+defend and a high potential wing.

Which of the 2 above packages would you rather have? That doesn't even include the 1-year rental of KMart.

Ppl keep ripping on the trade w/o even acknowledging OKC could've lost Harden for nothing.

Adams is a beast and has the potential to be an All-Star - something more valuable as a big than a wing.

OP thinks basketball is played with 2 balls.

College superstar

No. They couldn't. Harden just wouldn't sign the 12M/ offer. He would have immediately gotten a 4/58M deal they could have matched as he was a RFA

Think about that, he just wanted 14M/. And they sent him away instead. Thats not even Chandler Parsons money. His 5 yr deal might be the best contract in the NBA.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

LOL at the poster that said Harden could have left for nothing

Local High School Star fragokota's Avatar

It's one thing not to have harden in your team and trying to trade for him while you already got KD & Westbrook and a totally different making a decision not to keep him and trade him away for peanuts. Sure i understand that he wouldn't be the same player that he is now but he had actually shown signs of greatness playing for them. It did look like a bad decision back then, it seems terrible right now.
    Last edited by fragokota; 05-27-2015 at 05:09 PM.

the move was to trade Westbrook for Howard. I've said it 100x. OKC would have 3 peated by now if they traded Westbrook for Howard.

Reggie Jackson
    James Harden
    Kevin Durant
    Serge Ibaka
    Dwight Howard

is a scary good team might even get close to 70 wins if everyone stayed healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    the move was to trade Westbrook for Howard. I've said it 100x. OKC would have 3 peated by now if they traded Westbrook for Howard.

Reggie Jackson
    James Harden
    Kevin Durant
    Serge Ibaka
    Dwight Howard

is a scary good team might even get close to 70 wins if everyone stayed healthy.
    They'd need a different point guard if they did that. Someone who doesn't have the ego Jackson does.

Reggie Jackson
    James Harden
    Kevin Durant
    Serge Ibaka
    Dwight Howard

That team sounds unstoppable on paper.

On paper.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Reggie Jackson
    James Harden
    Kevin Durant
    Serge Ibaka
    Dwight Howard

I said that at the time as well.

I still just don't see it as a bad trade at all. I see it as Presti ****ed up after the trade a couple times and they've had bad injury luck.

There are a few things that need to be mentioned.

1. The best Thunder team to date was the 13 Thunder before the WB injury. They improved on both sides of the ball over the 12 team and WB/Durant reached new levels.

2. WB and Harden were already showing chemistry issues and I think it is very obvious those issues would have grown over time. I say this because it's almost a certainty that one of them would have wanted out soon.

3. The Thunder could have quite easily won the title last year if Presti didn't sit on Fisher/Butler/Thabo at the 2 guard position. They could have made a move for Afflalo or Meeks and just would have had the best team in the league. Win for sure? Of course not, but nobody would have had a better team than them with an upgrade at the 2 guard position.

4. Presti did a good job with this roster this year. Just not gonna win when Durant/Ibaka go down with injuries.

Bad luck and Presti wetting the bed in 14 are the truth of what happened in my opinion.