Page 20 of 166 FirstFirst ... 10171819202122233070120 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: OFFICIAL: TRADE/Aquisitions THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    Marion did want a big extension with the Suns so that was one of the reasons why they traded Marion off(not the primary reason, only secondary reason). Miami also doesn't seem to want to give Marion the extension he is asking for. Getting Marion could definitely be risky if he asks for too much money. If we don't give him what he is asking for, we could possibly lose him to FA list and get nothing in return. Again, none of us know what kind of personality Marion has so who knows? He could be stubborn and leave us for money without caring whether he wins a ring or not OR he could not ask for more money and just win a championship with us if we do acquire him.
    The LO for Marion trade only make since if the Lakers plan on letting Lamar walk after this season, which is possible given that they need the cap space for both Bynum and Ariza (and Farnar's extension is not too far behind). The Lakers might consider trading for Marion since adding him would nearly garantee a ring, and the Lakers would get to include either Walton's or Vrad's contract to balance the salaries. This way the Lakers would let Marion walk after getting a ring, and clear 17M in cap space for Bynum and Ariza this summer, and another 5-6M over the next few seasons to extend Farmar.

Why would the Heat do this? The Heat could get somethng for Marion since he is definitely leaving after this season, and they would be in a great position to resign Lamar if they can't sign Boozer next summer (LO is already comfortable with Miami and still owns property from when he played there).

Don't mistake my assessment of a Lamar/Marion trade as an endorsement of trading Lamar. I'm only pointing out the possible financial benefit.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Would you trade Lamar and either Walton or Vrad for Nocioini, Ben Gordan, and Tyrus Thomas?

The Lakers would get a tough SF in Nocioni (who has a deminishing contract), a year's lease on a stud of a SG in Ben Gordan, another developing big in Thomas, and ~6M in cap space.

The Bulls get a near-all-star veteran PF in Lamar and either a solid shooter in Vrad or an all around solid bench guy in Walton. And even if they let Lamar walk after this season, they'll have approximately 15-18M in cap space to make a run a Boozer. It is also important to point out that Nocioni plays the same position as Deng, and it looks like Ben Gordan is gone after this season anyway.

I'm not sold on it, but I'm definitely looking at it. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MyLakers
    Would you trade Lamar and either Walton or Vrad for Nocioini, Ben Gordan, and Tyrus Thomas?

The Lakers would get a tough SF in Nocioni (who has a deminishing contract), a year's lease on a stud of a SG in Ben Gordan, another developing big in Thomas, and ~6M in cap space.

The Bulls get a near-all-star veteran PF in Lamar and either a solid shooter in Vrad or an all around solid bench guy in Walton. And even if they let Lamar walk after this season, they'll have approximately 15-18M in cap space to make a run a Boozer. It is also important to point out that Nocioni plays the same position as Deng, and it looks like Ben Gordan is gone after this season anyway.

I'm not sold on it, but I'm definitely looking at it. Your thoughts?

I like those 3 players... i really do...

But why do we need them again? ? ?

TT can not play the 4 like LO can play the 4 or play the 3 like LO can play the 3....

Noch. is good, but is better than odom? ? in what way? Doesnt seem like a good fit for OUR team...

and plz.... we do NOT need a ben gordon on this team with mr. 24 still here...

Home of the 16

It's time to bump this thread.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 12-15-2013 at 02:41 PM.

Home of the 16

Default Re: Official: Trade/Aquisitions THREAD

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/s...-iman-shumpert

The Los Angeles Lakers recently reached out to the New York Knicks to express interest in Iman Shumpert and have interest in Tyson Chandler as well, according to sources.

The Lakers did not inquire about Chandler when they called the Knicks, but they are reportedly weighing whether to propose a Pau-Gasol-for-Chandler deal. No trade is imminent.

The Knicks are not looking to move Chandler -- several teams have contacted them about him, sources said -- but if a club agreed to take back struggling guard J.R. Smith, the Knicks would consider such a deal.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

they need a consistent t 2nd scorer..Chandler while good defensively wouldnt be that good for our team...

who is the scorer after kobe if we had this lineup

Iman S/farmar
    Kobe/X henry/meeks
    Wes/young
    Shwane/hill
    Chandler/Sacre

now next yr with
    kobe: 24
    Chandler: 14
    nash: 3 - stretch provision
    1st rounder: 2mil

with cap space @62mil we might have around 18mil to spend if i am not wrong

I would seriously give bledsoe max for 4yrs...
    Last edited by Lakers_Kobe_Fan; 12-16-2013 at 12:04 AM.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    they need a consistent t 2nd scorer..Chandler while good defensively wouldnt be that good for our team...

who is the scorer after kobe if we had this lineup

Iman S/farmar
    Kobe/X henry/meeks
    Wes/young
    Shwane/hill
    Chandler/Sacre

now next yr with
    kobe: 24
    Chandler: 14
    nash: 3 - stretch provision
    1st rounder: 2mil

with cap space @62mil we might have around 18mil to spend if i am not wrong

I would seriously give bledsoe max for 4yrs...
    He has like 2-3 years left on his contract at 10 mil? No, thank you. Besides, Hill can't play PF.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    He has like 2-3 years left on his contract at 10 mil? No, thank you. Besides, Hill can't play PF.
    Who has 2-3 yrs left on the contract at 10mil?

Home of the 16

Just checked. 2 years left at 14 mil, Tyson Chandler.

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    Just checked. 2 years left at 14 mil, Tyson Chandler.
    He is expiring next yr... That takes us out of melo sweepstakes

But if nash retires LAL can offer max to bledsoe

Right now is the perfect time to bring back Sasha Vujacic
    "The Machine" would love to play under 'Antoni aka No D Toni.......Sasha can play D....but you know he likes to shoot. Do it Mitch!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    Right now is the perfect time to bring back Sasha Vujacic
    "The Machine" would love to play under 'Antoni aka No D Toni.......Sasha can play D....but you know he likes to shoot. Do it Mitch!!!!!
    lol

I guess Chandler seems unlikely since Lakers never made the offer + Chandler is not young anyways. Lakers should just sign some younger center in off-season. Let Gasol walk.. He is done here

LG, you should probably move latest posts to new thread instead of moving up a 2008 thread

Home of the 16

I really want Gasol to stay if they find a way to make him the 3rd or 4th scoring option.

High School Varsity 6th Man

I would like to see us get

1. Kyle Lowry
    2. Amir Johnson
    3. Iman Shumpert
    4. Tyson Chandler
    5. J.R. Smith (the only way we can get chandler)

So maybe a roster of:

Lowry/Bryant/Johnson/Hill/Chandler
    Farmar/Henry/Young/A. Johnson/Kaman
    DJO/J.R. Smith/Shumpert/R.Kelly/Sacre

That would be the best team in the NBA.