Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Might as well have just tanked the season. 0-2 to the Wizards? They need a scorer!

Will this be a wake up call finally to the Bulls management? They have NO ONE that can take over on offense in close situations like tonight. Absolutely pathetic.

Please bring in Melo.

Default Re: Might as well have just tanked the season. 0-2 to the Wizards? They need a scorer!

It's not only his fault, but way to screw it up Kirk. Plus why wasn't Dunleavy put in the game more often in the end?

Default Re: Might as well have just tanked the season. 0-2 to the Wizards? They need a scorer!

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Style
    It's not only his fault, but way to screw it up Kirk. Plus why wasn't Dunleavy put in the game more often in the end?
    Great question.
    Esp when you have the most PASSIVE PLAYER like Jimmy Butler hiding between passing lanes so his teammates won't pass him the ball.
    He has gotta be the player who took the least amount of shots in every 4th quarter, that I to a point, I can't blame Kirk to do something esp with the very limited Noah and Taj on the court.

I was finally changing my opinion on Thibs this season and thinking what a great coach he is again. After this game? WTF? Where was Dunleavy at the end? How come Jimmer gets rarely any playing time? Why does he play Jimmy Butler and Noah so much?

Thibs is a good coach. But he needs to make some changes. I hope when Rose comes back that Thibs doesn't try playing him in back to back games and play him the whole game. Ridiculous.

Thanks for the jinx, upgrayedd, see what you did?

The writing is on the wall, this team isn't that good. They haven't been that good all season, it's their hustle that put them over .500 and kept them there. I never imagined this series would be easy. If you have scoring problems in the regular season, those problems become cancer in the play-offs. It's hard to score in the play-offs. Teams are paying attention to every detail about you. Locking down on every possession. Mediocre teams do not get the luxury of an easy play-off series.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    I was finally changing my opinion on Thibs this season and thinking what a great coach he is again. After this game? WTF? Where was Dunleavy at the end? How come Jimmer gets rarely any playing time? Why does he play Jimmy Butler and Noah so much?

Thibs is a good coach. But he needs to make some changes. I hope when Rose comes back that Thibs doesn't try playing him in back to back games and play him the whole game. Ridiculous.
    I like it that you don't trash the coach after losses
    And I agree with you, you don't let Belinelli and Nate Robinson walk bec you want to use that $ on Dunleavy, and let him rot in the bench at crucial times of the game.
    I had hopes that Thibs will use Jimmer too but his over emphasis on defense really endangered this team's chances. A lot of coaches will use offense/defense subs, put your offensive players when you have the ball and vice versa. Thibs only did that at the last defensive play when he pulled out DJ for Snell.

Quote Originally Posted by Undisputed
    Thanks for the jinx, upgrayedd, see what you did?

The writing is on the wall, this team isn't that good. They haven't been that good all season, it's their hustle that put them over .500 and kept them there. I never imagined this series would be easy. If you have scoring problems in the regular season, those problems become cancer in the play-offs. It's hard to score in the play-offs. Teams are paying attention to every detail about you. Locking down on every possession. Mediocre teams do not get the luxury of an easy play-off series.
    Good points. It's just a pity when everybody KNOWS they can't score and yet they hired 3 defensive minded players instead scorers to help out.
    Amundson and Brewer can't score, Mike James can score.....15 years ago. The two players Dunleavy and Jimmer were left in the dog house.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Amundson and Brewer can't score, Mike James can score.....15 years ago. The two players Dunleavy and Jimmer were left in the dog house.
    Which is why I threw up a bit in my mouth after those signings.

5 corner 3s already at half.

So disappointed with their performance this series. After that amazing second half of the season where they played so well after Rose went down again, Deng was traded and Noah had an incredible season. Then they just collapse in this round. Ugh.