Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: how long does it take to get jacked?

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    genetics
    That's BS and only beta phags use that excuse for their shortcomings. "I can't help it! it's genetics!"

OP, If you want to go the easy route just lift 5x a week and consume alot more calories.. Mainly consume shit ton of proteins and if you want to bulk carbs as well. But you'll probably end up being fat and chunky.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    That's BS and only beta phags use that excuse for their shortcomings. "I can't help it! it's genetics!"

OP, If you want to go the easy route just lift 5x a week and consume alot more calories.. Mainly consume shit ton of proteins and if you want to bulk carbs as well. But you'll probably end up being fat and chunky.

It's BS what you are spitting out.

I never took supplements, no protein, no beta BS, i got really big very fast when I started lifting.

Both my little brothers did virtually identical programs, took all those beta supplements, and never got to my level.

Genetics are the number 1 factor. You can't be a steve urkel and expect to turn into Ronnie Coleman.

You need to have the frame, the testosterone levels, etc. Some guys can put on mass far far easier than others. That's an undisputed fact.

If you are afraid of gaining BF% then most likely your results will suck ass. Lifting 5 times a week is way too much volume IMO for a beginner let alone a natty.

Lifting 3x a week heavy 5 reps 3 working sets focusing on the big 3 is the best/optimal for most(most people are beginners obv). I LOL so hard at guys who work out like Mr olympia. News flash: You're not him. Using a bro split for a natty is pretty stupid IMO.

Strength and muscle are HIGHLY related. Realise this: All the top level BBers, both natty and enhanced have good lifts. Strength is the base. Don't go into the gym expecting good results if you don't want to work for it. Lift heavy, work hard, progressively overload, consume surplus, worry about skinfolds later.

Rant over

train intensely and eat lots of protein. It's that simple.

On steroids - one year

Natural - 4 to 5 years

So things like small wrists and hands are excuses used by beta phags? That's a new one. I wasn't aware you could increase wrist size and change bone structure by trying harder.

Quote Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
    Just leave your Honduh out front overnight. It'll be gone by 4am now that's jacked

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    It's BS what you are spitting out.

I never took supplements, no protein, no beta BS, i got really big very fast when I started lifting.

Both my little brothers did virtually identical programs, took all those beta supplements, and never got to my level.

Genetics are the number 1 factor. You can't be a steve urkel and expect to turn into Ronnie Coleman.

You need to have the frame, the testosterone levels, etc. Some guys can put on mass far far easier than others. That's an undisputed fact.
    Just curious, what exactly do you think protein supplements do? Because really all they are are calories just like any other forms of food.

For the record calorie management is the #1 priority in determining any type of physical composition changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Depends on your myostatin levels I think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dChhzNGHgnA#t=01m15s

Basically, it depends on yo genes bro.
    I was thinking of the same video when I read the title

Yelling out "genes" is really soft, and just shows lack of dedication to work hard.

Some are blessed with a better ability to gain muscle, and will see results quicker, but at the same time, that is the case with anything. Some people understand maths better, and will get it right off the bat. Others will spend hours studying it before understanding to the same level.

Point is, if you work out hard, eat properly, you will eventually get the results you want. I've seen people train for one year and reach the levels of guys who I know work out hard as hell, and who have been doing it for 4 or 5 years. A lot of the skinnier guys will tell you they don't have the genetics for it, and can't put on weight, but at the same time, they are the ones that build strength and put on size the easiest when they start taking it seriously.

Give it a go for 3 months, and see how you go. I have no doubt if you go for 3-4 times a week, you'll enjoy the results you see after even a short period of 3 months.

People may use genetics as an excuse to stay out of shape long term, but when he's asking how quickly he can get jacked genetics play a huge difference. Sure everyone can make gains and get to a certain point eventually but the effort they are going to put in based on genetics is huge.

Quote Originally Posted by dkmwise
    People may use genetics as an excuse to stay out of shape long term, but when he's asking how quickly he can get jacked genetics play a huge difference. Sure everyone can make gains and get to a certain point eventually but the effort they are going to put in based on genetics is huge.

I'd say it's more about how skinny/fat you are before you start lifting. If you are extremely skinny with a low body fat % before working hard you'll see significant gains once you start lifting with the proper diet(assuming you are "bulking")

If you are very fat it might be a bit different as you may be stronger but you won't see the actual gains on your body as you'll have more fat.

Just lift consistently, have a proper diet and be disciplined. You don't need a trainer, don't need to take harmful supplements like Animal Stack(it may help though), etc.

You don't necessarily gain muscle faster if you are skinny, it just appears like it because there's a lot less fat/size to hide it.

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    You don't necessarily gain muscle faster if you are skinny, it just appears like it because there's a lot less fat/size to hide it.
    That's exactly what I'm trying to imply..