Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yoga

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

Default Yoga

Who here does yoga? What benefits have you noticed? I wanna start doing it.
    Last edited by glidedrxlr22; 07-28-2014 at 11:18 AM.

Banned

Default Re: Yoga

well physical benefits are you get ripped, like olympic swimmer level (as long as you're eating healthy of course)

Every muscle gets worked out, ones that aren't easy to work out at the gym, so you get really strong. Strong core, strong everything.

The best benefits for me when I was doing yoga 2-3 times a week were mental though. Nothing stressed me out and I felt like I knew how to deal with anything that happened to me. I also got loads of motivation and energy. Creativity increased too.

During sex I was able to hold it in as long as I wanted so cumming was really good.

Best 3-4 months of my life when I was doing yoga regularly. Have to get to a point where I can schedule regular yoga in again.

Plus hot chicks in yoga pants bending over throughout the lesson.

Only weakness was when we did double poses, I always had to get paired with a dude, and he was either a flaming homo, which was uncomfortable, or a random ass sweaty dude which was also uncomfortable. Luckily there were hardly any double poses in the class I did.

Otherwise, can't recommend it enough. The benefits far outweigh the cons.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

^Thanks. Sounds promising.

5-time NBA All-Star

Don't do Yoga, but something similar.

Qigong. It's a cousin to Tai Chi. Taoism practice. All of DBZ ki energy attacks are based on it haha.

Benefit 1) Feel more control over body.. i'm more agile on the court.. heal from soreness faster
    2) Feel more present... in the moment
    3) More vitality.. can wake up with 4-5 hours of sleep easy
    4) Slight buzzing in navel
    5) Can manipulate emotions at will in a sense.
    6) Just happier in general
    7) Slightly higher test levels
    8) More appreciative of the sights and sounds around me

I never liked the yoga scene with the chanting and shit, so I started doing the DDP Yoga which is has the traditional yoga moves without the other spiritual stuff along with calisthenics mixed in, so you include push-ups, sit-ups, planks etc into it all so you get a bit more of a physical workout from it all.

I only started a year or so ago because I had a few back problems from all the running I do which was caused by weak core muscles and my lower back attempting to compensate for it, which caused all sorts of back and sciatica problems. Haven't been back to the chiropractor for 9 months since I started and went from not being able to touch my toes to being able to go flat palmed on the ground while bending over.

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong
    I never liked the yoga scene with the chanting and shit, so I started doing the DDP Yoga which is has the traditional yoga moves without the other spiritual stuff along with calisthenics mixed in, so you include push-ups, sit-ups, planks etc into it all so you get a bit more of a physical workout from it all.

I only started a year or so ago because I had a few back problems from all the running I do which was caused by weak core muscles and my lower back attempting to compensate for it, which caused all sorts of back and sciatica problems. Haven't been back to the chiropractor for 9 months since I started and went from not being able to touch my toes to being able to go flat palmed on the ground while bending over.
    Get some booty spanking glutes bro

http://www.yogibare.ca/

We have this in Toronto

   

every hatha yoga class i've ever tried has been fantastic. pretty much all the benefits mentioned above. they just opened one near me, so i'm definitely jumping on that.

the MVP of the nets this past season (joe johnson), said that yoga was better for strength training and physical therapy than anything else he'd ever tried. i thought that was pretty damn cool.

For me I notice flexibility and stability increases as well as better idea of how to use your body to avoid injury in certain situations... you learn to use different muscles at once to achieve balance within the chain. It's great stuff and it's totally exhausting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by El Kabong

Where is this DDP yoga and where can I get it for free.

Banned

Yoga is the most profitable scam currently running.

   

so, had my first vinyasa class yesterday. i was sweating halfway through... couldn't believe how speeding things up a little bit could make it so grueling.

i do keep myself in shape for tennis and TT, but this showed me how many areas there are that i've been neglecting in terms of strength and flexibility. also, having some neurological damage in my left arm / shoulder made some of the poses and movements fairly painful.

anyway it was awesome on the whole. this is going to help me a lot, i can already tell. and it only cost $12 as a walk-in, prolly because she started the studio just this past week.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    Who here does yoga? What benefits have you noticed? I wanna start doing it.
    yoga is awesome. it's great in addition to your normal gym routine. also, it helps give you the long, athletic muscles vs the bulky stocky bodybuilder type ones. it will help your balance, stretch your muscles, and great for the core. not to mention the best reason to go is hot women in yoga pants!

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Yoga is the most profitable scam currently running.

you have never done yoga and would pass out in a bikram class

   

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    you have never done yoga and would pass out in a bikram class
    it sounds like his brain passed out a long time ago. :P