Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Default Re: rubio reminds me of stash nash

Quote Originally Posted by MooseJuiceBowen
    steve nash with a little bit of magic johnson mixed in. i love his court vision. id like to see him play defense like he did overseas tho
    LMAO..... how so?...nash is a deadly shooter rubio is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Spanoulis is one of the best passers. He just passes it less. But he can certainly make every single pass Rubio can.

"He's the best passer... he just doesn't do it often." PASSING is a sign of weakness.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    He is one of the best and he can pass like Rubio , but do you really think that he is the same or better passer than Teodosic , Huertas , Papaloukas and Jasikevicus ? I think that Spanuolis is oround top 10 passers in El but these guys are the top passers in El .

Spanoulis isn't as good as Papaloukas in passing, and I would say probably Huertas is also better. But he's as good as the other ones. And it's close between him and Huertas, but I will give Huertas the edge due to the fact that he just passes it a lot more and turns it over less.

In pick and roll, Jasikevicius is better than anyone at passing though.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Spanoulis isn't as good as Papaloukas in passing, and I would say probably Huertas is also better. But he's as good as the other ones. And it's close between him and Huertas, but I will give Huertas the edge due to the fact that he just passes it a lot more and turns it over less.

In pick and roll, Jasikevicius is better than anyone at passing though.
    You are overrating Spanoulis now . He is not THAT good in passing . You say that Spanoulis is good passers as persons who have most apg this season and still have less TO than Spanoulis .

You are overrating Spanoulis now . He is not THAT good in passing . You say that Spanoulis is good passers as persons who have most apg this season and still have less TO than Spanoulis .
    Spanoulis has led Greek League in assists 2 or 3 times - same league that had players like Teodosic, Jasikevicius, Diamantidis, Papaloukas, Calathes all playing in it during the time while he did that.

Spanoulis played on the same team with Diamantidis, Calathes, Jasikevicius and he led the team in assists in both Euroleague and Greek League.

Spanoulis played on the same team with Papaloukas and Teodosic and he led the team in assists in both Greek League and Euroleague.

He's also been in the top 5 in assists in the Euroleague several times.

So no, I'm not "overrating" his passing ability at all.

Spanoulis has led Greek League in assists 2 or 3 times - same league that had players like Teodosic, Jasikevicius, Diamantidis, Papaloukas, Calathes all playing in it during the time while he did that.

Spanoulis played on the same team with Diamantidis, Calathes, Jasikevicius and he led the team in assists in both Euroleague and Greek League.

Spanoulis played on the same team with Papaloukas and Teodosic and he led the team in assists in both Greek League and Euroleague.

He's also been in the top 5 in assists in the Euroleague several times.

So no, I'm not "overrating" his passing ability at all.
    I just looked on Internet and he never led Euroleague in assists , but yes he was among the best . I do not know about Greek league but I know he is not first in apg in this season . Last season Teodosic had a back problem and played bad most part of it , Papaloukas is old and isnt good as he was so it is not hard for player like Spanoulis to lead his team in assists . But Spanoulis avrages 3 TO per game in his carrer in Euroleague . And only Nba fans ( I m sorry but this is true ) look at stats to see how good player is . Players like Teodosic , Huertas , Papaloukas run the game with their passes and make players oround them better but dont have great statistic ( they are best in apg but a lot better than statistic says ). Spanoulis doesnt have that impact in game . He scores and passes but he doesnt run the game as great passer , he runs it like a scorer ( first looks to score , than to pass ) so he will be among the best but he will never be one of the best passers . So yes I think you are overrating his passing abilitis .

I just looked on Internet and he never led Euroleague in assists , but yes he was among the best . I do not know about Greek league but I know he is not first in apg in this season . Last season Teodosic had a back problem and played bad most part of it , Papaloukas is old and isnt good as he was so it is not hard for player like Spanoulis to lead his team in assists . But Spanoulis avrages 3 TO per game in his carrer in Euroleague . And only Nba fans ( I m sorry but this is true ) look at stats to see how good player is . Players like Teodosic , Huertas , Papaloukas run the game with their passes and make players oround them better but dont have great statistic ( they are best in apg but a lot better than statistic says ). Spanoulis doesnt have that impact in game . He scores and passes but he doesnt run the game as great passer , he runs it like a scorer ( first looks to score , than to pass ) so he will be among the best but he will never be one of the best passers . So yes I think you are overrating his passing abilitis .
    You have not watched Spanoulis play very much. He was locked into a strict pass first point guard role in Panathinaikos in 2008-09 season and he led them to the Triple Crown in that role.

He is a much better passer and play maker than you think he is.

Banned

You have not watched Spanoulis play very much. He was locked into a strict pass first point guard role in Panathinaikos in 2008-09 season and he led them to the Triple Crown in that role.

you having fun argueing with your own account??

True . I watched him last season and never before . I watched oround 10 games and when I watched him he didnt run the game like Teodosic ( he didn t play that good those games but I m talking about his games in Serbian NT ) . He could be better than I think but he needs to run the game a lot better when I watch to make me have a same opinion as you about him .

True . I watched him last season and never before . I watched oround 10 games and when I watched him he didnt run the game like Teodosic ( he didn t play that good those games but I m talking about his games in Serbian NT ) . He could be better than I think but he needs to run the game a lot better when I watch to make me have a same opinion as you about him .
    Do you not realize that he's the only good scorer on the entire Olympiacos roster? He has to look to score on that current team he is on.

Do you not realize that he's the only good scorer on the entire Olympiacos roster? He has to look to score on that current team he is on.
    When he plays for NT Keselj cant miss a 3 pt shoot so I dont understand why he shots bad in Olympiacos , so he can be good scorer . I know that Spanoulis needs to score and not pass and I dont blame him , team depends on his scoring .
    Last edited by Fiba basketball; 12-23-2011 at 03:51 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Um...you guys do realize you can't be called similar to Nash if YOU CAN'T SHOOT RIGHT? Steve Nash is one of the greatest shooters of all time...it's one of the things you THINK OF WHEN YOU THINK OF STEVE NASH, so if this kid Rubio can't even shoot than you shouldn't be saying Rubio is similar to Steve Nash...