Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Default Re: Most unstopable Signature Moves in NBA History

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    Because I think Kobe's better at it, lol. As in he's more likely to make the shot, especially at longer ranges.
    Kobe fans still fail to realize Kobe is a 45% career shooter, yet he's the best at everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdS_J...eature=related
    Last edited by Calabis; 05-31-2011 at 12:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    I also don't think Hakeem's dream shake is unstoppably because he did very rarely from what I have seen. You also know what he is going to do, so as long as you dont bite the pump fakes, it can be stopped. Jordan was living of his fadeaway in 96-98, the same goes for Dirk and his fade and Kareem with his hook shot. You know when those shots are coming, you guard them extremely well, but they still go in.
    Right and wrong.

Right that Hakeem did not pull off the move that often.

Wrong that by avoiding pump fakes you could stop it. Even Hakeem didn't know what he was going to do once the move started. What choice did the defender have? I think this is why he didn't pull it off on automatic, because throughout the game Hakeem figured out if his defender was gonna bite on certain fakes (a la Robinson) or stay floorbound (a la Tim Duncan) and then unleash it at the right time to maximum effect. You were faked out 4 to 6 times on the same move.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Any of Kevin Mchale's 4000 torture chamber moves in the post.

Good High School Starter

I think it's more interesting to give credit to those "original" signature moves, e.g. Wilt's finger-roll, which's definitely original;

Jordan's fade away is not original...

Akeem's dream shake is not original either...

Thompson's original move, Big O brought cross pass into league, Cousy brought circus pass into league, how can we ignore Pistol? Dr. J's move, etc..

LBJ's ability to knock down a jumper if you give him too much space or steam roll to the cup at will when you play too close.
    Last edited by TheCorporation; 05-31-2011 at 04:42 PM.

LBJ's ability to knock down a jumper if you give him too much space or steam roll to the cup at will when you play too close.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    LeBron hasn't "steam rolled to the cup AT WILL" in over a calander year, bro

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    Kobe fans still fail to realize Kobe is a 45% career shooter, yet he's the best at everything

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdS_J...eature=related
    Because I said Kobe is better at 1 thing then Jordan I'm a Kobe fan? I'm a Jazz fan dumbass, I don't care about Kobe at all.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Barkley Post Spin Move "Precusor of Shaq`s Black Tornados"

Quote Originally Posted by Round Mound
    Barkley Post Spin Move "Precusor of Shaq`s Black Tornados"
    I was searching for a Barkley move, but he just didn't have a signature move.

I thought about the baseline spin and slam, but Shaqs was better because of the physical size difference.

As much as I hate your approach to basketball analysis, we share a love for Barkley as our favorite player of all-time and I respect your knowledge of the game, though not your conclusions.

Barkley was the most unstoppable offensive force I'd seen besides Michael Jordan and at the time it was happening I believed and argued that Barkley was the better player.

What other moves do you most remember Barkley for using regularly.

I hated that leaning face-up fade away he used in his Suns days, but he got pretty good at it.

To me, his signature move is drawing an illegal defense. He mind-****ed so many defenses in his day with his wing/post isolations.

Anyway let me know what you think the other candidates would be.

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    1) Sky Hook - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

2) Fade-away Jumper - Michael Jordan

3) Dream Shake - Hakeem Olajuwon

4) Dipper Finger Roll - Wilt Chamberlain

5) 1 Foot Fall-away - Dirk Nowitzki

6) Step-Back leaner - Larry Bird

7) Turnaround Jumper - Oscar Robertson

8) Ice Finger Roll - George Gervin

9) Black Tornado - Shaquille O'Neal

10) ???????????????????

Thoughts, I've never really put much thought into this myself.

I think you should include Kevin McHale in this list. His up and under was pretty much unstoppable. McHale's whole offensive game relied on his post moves and his whole skillset was nice.. but if I had to pick one move of his, I'd say the up and ander deserves a spot on the list.

There have been some bigs with shots in their arsenal that were practically impossible to block.. I don't know if Yao Ming's hookshot is regarded a true sig move.. but it should be IMO.
    Yao Ming's hookshot is one of the most unblockable shots in the history of the league (yeah Nate got him, but not on that hookshot ). He might've gotten blocked a few times, but he was sick with that hook.
    I found 2 vids of all his hookshots in 05-06:
    Yao Ming hookshots in 05-06 - part 1
    Part 2