Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Metta World Peace: "Jordan toughest to guard by far."

Interesting interview with Metta World Peace below. When asked directly who the toughest player was to guard between Kobe, Lebron, and MJ, he says Jordan without hesitation, and says it's not even close. When asked why, he said because Jordan is "as strong as Lebron, as good a midrange shooter as Miller, and he's tough - he's a killer." You can see in his face when he says this last part that Mike really puts the fear of God into other players.

Keep in mind that Artest had only played against 39/40 year old Wizards Jordan. This is like the 5th or 6th player who has commented on Jordan's extreme physical strength (Magic, Horry, Barkley etc.), and also the second modern noted defender (the other being Bowen) who said that Jordan was the toughest to defend. Link to the interview:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vsj_61lhpew

In before haters saying "he can't possibly be anywhere near as strong as Lebron!" and "if he's so hard to guard why was his TEE-EHS percentage so low in Washington!?" These same clowns are quick to believe anything that comes out of players' mouths regarding their favorite players, however. They say "surely those who have played against these players must know better than us, right?"

FWIW, I don't believe that any version of MJ was as strong as Lebron, but I certainly believe that the difference in their respective strengths is frequently VERY overstated. Jordan was fantastically strong by all accounts.

Banned

Default Re: Metta World Peace: "Jordan toughest to guard by far."

Metta was a guy that drank Henney during halftime.

On multiple medications.

Sees a psychiatrist weekly.

Not going to believe any of that. I have never seen Metta struggle to guard MJ but I have seen him struggle against Kobe and Lebron.

Like I said before, when it comes to MJ, people are very politically correct.

NBA rookie of the year

First response is by a known troll. Unsurprising.

Are you crazy? Jordan was just a whole lot better player than guys like LeBron & Kobe.

It isn't even close.

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

Dude this is not about being hater.

I believe that jordan is the toughest guy to defend.But i have seen MWP defend jordan and kobe and lebron.MWP couldnt handle lebron's strength at 260-265lbs. I have never seen jordan to be able to do that what lebron does to MWP on regular basis and thats expected. Jordan was exceptionally strong for his size but not even close to lebron in terms of strength.Lebron goes up against centers and most of the time(when he doesnt flop ) they go down not lebron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Are you crazy? Jordan was just a whole lot better player than guys like LeBron & Kobe.

It isn't even close.
    I don't even like Kobe or Lebron. I am a Spurs fan but I can admit that I have seen Metta struggle the most against Kobe in his career. Then Lebron. I have never seen Metta struggle against MJ.

I don't know why Metta is making all these false statements. It's like he covered a prime MJ? At most he was guarding an old dude and giving the elder his dap.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Metta was a guy that drank Henney during halftime.

On multiple medications.

Sees a psychiatrist weekly.

Not going to believe any of that. I have never seen Metta struggle to guard MJ but I have seen him struggle against Kobe and Lebron.

Like I said before, when it comes to MJ, people are very politically correct.
    Does MWP really strike you as a guy that is too concerned with being politically correct?

Metta made similar comments Friday on Max & Marcellus. He cited Jordan's combination of skill, strength, and basketball intelligence. This mix, along with Metta being a younger player in Jordan's days than he was when LeBron became very good, could explain his perception.

Alternatively, mental makeup has been a far more exploitable weakness in Metta's game than pure strength. Jordan's ability to get into his head would add to the challenge for MWP

I agree that Jordan is definitely the hardest to guard out of the three, but Artest has been known to say some 'questionable' things in his life.

Take what he also said today, courtesy of his twitter...

Ok. It's official .
    Kyre Irving is officially top 3 players in the NBA. Ill tell yal why at 6:15pm est tomorrow

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes
    I agree that Jordan is definitely the hardest to guard out of the three, but Artest has been known to say some 'questionable' things in his life.

Take what he also said today, courtesy of his twitter...

Ok. It's official .
    Kyre Irving is officially top 3 players in the NBA. Ill tell yal why at 6:15pm est tomorrow

/thread.

I like how all of a sudden people are taking what Metta says seriously. If it fits their MJ agenda.

NBA rookie of the year

The troll 9erEmpire all up in this bitch. Like 20 posts already in this thread.

MWP is full of shit!!

There's no human, creatures, whatever is/was stronger than LeBron and that piece of shit dare to say that Jordan a mere mortal human was strong as LeBron..

Our LeGawd is the strongest being of all time!

How Great Is Our LeGawd!

Decent playground baller

40 years old Wizards MJ is really underrated

MJ Stats against Ron Artest Bulls/Pacers version:

W-L: 3-2 Jordan

MJ: 22.4 ppg, .406, 6.0 reb, 2.6 ast, 1.8 stl
    RA: 12.8 ppg, .302, 2.8 reb, 1.4 ast, 2.6 stl

MJ hands down: 22.4 ppg to 12.8 ppg, 6.0 reb to 2.8, .406 to .302 FG%, 3-2 in their 5 meetings, including a 25 points effort in the last one, outscoring Artest 25-8, with Artest shooting 3/17 from the floor! And this is versus a prime Artest!

MJ rules at 40

GOAT

Sure. 205lbs Jordan was as strong as 260lbs Lebron. I'll take MWP's word for it.

Dude has probably not guarded Lebron before

I'm sure MWP gave MJ the nod just out of respect and possibly as a fan of MJ's game growing up. He only guarded a waaaaaaaay past his prime MJ, so I doubt he truly struggled against him.
    Kobe and LeBron probably gave Metta nightmares before and after games.