Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2014, 10:23 AM   #76
ImKobe
NBA Legend
 
ImKobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 16,536
Default Re: ¿Why is Dirk Nowitzki better than Karl Malone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
You can't compare that, though...

Different teams, different era...

2011 Mavs running hot on the '98 Bulls?

Dirk 2011 post-season was better than '98 MJ too, so why not.


ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:28 AM   #77
ralph_i_el
The Wizard
 
ralph_i_el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Born Under a Bad Sign
Posts: 9,035
Default Re: ¿Why is Dirk Nowitzki better than Karl Malone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Other than dunking, what does Blake Griffin do at least as well as Malone? Malone was a 38% jumpshooter at 39 years old (with nearly a 1000 attempts), while Griffin last season shot 35% on less attempts.

I don't have prime Malone's shooting numbers, so it's hard to compare, but I suspect at least a few above 40% mid-range shooting seasons when he shot as high as 39% on J's in his twilight years.
Blake is an elite passing big and one of the best post players in the L. Second most points at the rim last season after Lebron. His shooting had improved every season. I don't doubt he'll be 40% jumpshooter. He did just finish his 4th season.

If anything BG is better at getting to the rim in the half court
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:32 AM   #78
ImKobe
NBA Legend
 
ImKobe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Staples Center
Posts: 16,536
Default Re: ¿Why is Dirk Nowitzki better than Karl Malone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
Blake is an elite passing big and one of the best post players in the L. Second most points at the rim last season after Lebron. His shooting had improved every season. I don't doubt he'll be 40% jumpshooter. He did just finish his 4th season.

If anything BG is better at getting to the rim in the half court

Malone's consistency and longetivity are crazy though, do you think Dirk at 39 will be as good as Malone was at 39?
ImKobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:34 AM   #79
ralph_i_el
The Wizard
 
ralph_i_el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Born Under a Bad Sign
Posts: 9,035
Default Re: ¿Why is Dirk Nowitzki better than Karl Malone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImKobe
Malone's consistency and longetivity are crazy though, do you think Dirk at 39 will be as good as Malone was at 39?
Better. How could he not? Best big man jump shot in the L.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:35 AM   #80
Legends66NBA7
.
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 21,700
Default Re: ¿Why is Dirk Nowitzki better than Karl Malone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
In today's league Malone is at BEST Blake Griffin.

A rich man's Blake Griffin. I give Karl a hard time on here, but he would have been a much better player than your giving credit for.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #81
ralph_i_el
The Wizard
 
ralph_i_el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Born Under a Bad Sign
Posts: 9,035
Default Re: ¿Why is Dirk Nowitzki better than Karl Malone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
A rich man's Blake Griffin. I give Karl a hard time on here, but he would have been a much better player than your giving credit for.
Maybe I'm just overrating Blake. I think he's a mid top 10 player atm.
ralph_i_el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:54 AM   #82
robert_shaww
Local High School Star
 
robert_shaww's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,763
Default Re: ¿Why is Dirk Nowitzki better than Karl Malone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
You can't compare that, though...

Different teams, different era...

2011 Mavs running hot on the '98 Bulls?

Dirk 2011 post-season was better than '98 MJ too, so why not.

robert_shaww is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:28 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy