Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups

Default Re: Michael Jordan ran a 4.3 40 yard dash, and had a 48" vertical!

If those stats are correct, both vince and jordan and a few others could dunk a 12 foot ring without a run up, vertically, I find that questionable

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Shuttlesworth?
    not shuttlesworth from coney island, he meant christ from nazareth..

jordan having a 48 vertical is believable.. if you think about it we've seen him perform many in-game dunks where his head rim-level or close to.. if you think about he could probably jump a good 2-5 inches higher than that without a ball and a good run up...

That's exactly what ISH needed, another Jordan groupie.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

My first thought was "no way" but after thinking about it, Jordan is 6'6". Jumping 48" would put his head 6 inches above the rim. I can believe Jordan could get his head that far above the rim.

Payton was right, he really is Black Jesus.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1
    My freind can throw a football 73 yards, and can hit a reciever accurately for 57 yards. By accurate I mean like 50% or so.
    If Bruce is referring to the segment on the video "Michael Jordan: Above and Beyond," they actually mark off 65 yards (not 60) and MJ clears it with room to spare.

Your friend sounds like a hell of a natural athlete, by the way. Some people just have it.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    My first thought was "no way" but after thinking about it, Jordan is 6'6". Jumping 48" would put his head 6 inches above the rim. I can believe Jordan could get his head that far above the rim.
    But we're talking about standing below the rim and jumping straight up in the air and geting your head 6 inches above the rim

The highest I've seen jordan jump is on that alley oop from his first couple of years when he comes down the baseline and dunks it wth two hands, and his head was roughly ring height, with a run up, so I doubt he could jump vertically and look into the ring

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
    If Bruce is referring to the segment on the video "Michael Jordan: Above and Beyond," they actually mark off 65 yards (not 60) and MJ clears it with room to spare.

Your friend sounds like a hell of a natural athlete, by the way. Some people just have it.
    You have no idea. He works out like I said 2 times a week, but the last month he was in Cuba for a week, and was sick for one as well. So he hadn't worked out for 2 weeks. He comes back to the weight room with me, puts 280 pounds on the bench press and does it three times. 3 times he is 17 years old damn it. He deadlifted 410, leg presses 1500!, bicep curls (this is his weak one) 125 with an olympic bar not the easy curl, tricep presses 245 and then we went to the indoor track to do a run and he ran 4000 metres like it was 100 (not as fast, but he was hardly out of breathe). I hate his ability.

I know for sure Vince Carter had at least 50...

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mdog1
    You have no idea. He works out like I said 2 times a week, but the last month he was in Cuba for a week, and was sick for one as well. So he hadn't worked out for 2 weeks. He comes back to the weight room with me, puts 280 pounds on the bench press and does it three times. 3 times he is 17 years old damn it. He deadlifted 410, leg presses 1500!, bicep curls (this is his weak one) 125 with an olympic bar not the easy curl, tricep presses 245 and then we went to the indoor track to do a run and he ran 4000 metres like it was 100 (not as fast, but he was hardly out of breathe). I hate his ability.
    maybe he is a bodybuilder alot of teens in the bodybuilding forum has those kind of stats or better

Banned

No trust me he isn't a body builder. He isn't really defined he is just so damn strong. I honestly think that if he had my mindset he would be able to bench press 400 pounds. He can dunk so easily, one time he jumped over a bike lol. It was amazing, I caught it on video and was going to put it on youtube, but I then proceeded to drop my cell in the toilet when I got home. Needless to say the cell phone was useless, and video worthless.

Show me Jordan getting his head above the rim JUST ONCE by JUST AN INCH, and I'll even START to consider it. Go ahead, post a clip

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Show me Jordan getting his head above the rim JUST ONCE by JUST AN INCH, and I'll even START to consider it. Go ahead, post a clip

Even with that, it wouldn't even matter. Vertical is measured from a "flat-footed" jump (no run up) so even if he has gotten his head above the rim in a dunk, it wouldn't even count.

I believe it, I can hit my head on the backboard and I'm like 6'1 or 6'2. And I know Jordan has way more bounce than I ever had...Seriously, I bet at his peak he could bite the damn rim.