Page 4 of 115 FirstFirst 12345671454104 ... LastLast

Default Re: The GOAT List: 100 Greatest Players in Basketball History

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    Dont get me wrong I love Ray Ray or should we call him Jesus but since when was he elite and how many ALL NBA First teams has he made?
    HE's been elite since 2000 ... and none, but look at his guard competition. Kobe, AI, McGrady, Kidd, Nash, (GP in his early years) and now Wade, CP3 in recent years.
    Last edited by L.Kizzle; 08-16-2009 at 02:12 PM.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
    HE's been elite since 2000 ... and none, but look at his guard competition. Kobe, AI, McGrady, Kidd, Nash, (GP in his early years) and now Wade, CP3 in recent years.

SO thats my point the elite players make first team. He was and still is a very good player but elite no.

Default #91 & #90

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"][I]Scoring the ball is the single most identifiable accomplishment in basketball. It

SO thats my point the elite players make first team. He was and still is a very good player but elite no.
    He was elite, just because you don't make the first team doesn't mean you're elite? Allen is one of the great guards of this decade. He's above those other very good guards of the decade that include; Eddie Jones, Allan Houston, Michael Finley, Baron Davis, Stephon Marbury, Joe Johnson, ect. Now which group does Ray belong too, the list above or Kobe, AI, Nash, Mac, VC, Kidd, D-Wade, ect.

He was elite, just because you don't make the first team doesn't mean you're elite? Allen is one of the great guards of this decade. He's above those other very good guards of the decade that include; Eddie Jones, Allan Houston, Michael Finley, Baron Davis, Stephon Marbury, Joe Johnson, ect. Now which group does Ray belong too, the list above or Kobe, AI, Nash, Mac, Kidd, D-Wade, ect.
    He's right inbetween those with guys like Tim Hardaway and Mitch Richmond.

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    He's right inbetween those with guys like Tim Hardaway and Mitch Richmond.
    Mitch Richmond -vs- Ray Allen: Who U Got?

Good college starter

He was elite, just because you don't make the first team doesn't mean you're elite? Allen is one of the great guards of this decade. He's above those other very good guards of the decade that include; Eddie Jones, Allan Houston, Michael Finley, Baron Davis, Stephon Marbury, Joe Johnson, ect. Now which group does Ray belong too, the list above or Kobe, AI, Nash, Mac, VC, Kidd, D-Wade, ect.

Maybe we define Elite differently if he's not a First or at the least second team All NBA he isnt Elite I would put Ray with the the mid level players guys like Gus Williams Sidney Moncrife just a step below Elite

Good college starter

Close call but I gotta go with Mitch

Good college starter

Default Re: #91 & #90

[QUOTE=G.O.A.T][FONT="Palatino Linotype"][SIZE="3"][I]Scoring the ball is the single most identifiable accomplishment in basketball. It

Maybe we define Elite differently if he's not a First or at the least second team All NBA he isnt Elite I would put Ray with the the mid level players guys like Gus Williams Sidney Moncrife just a step below Elite
    Ray Allen has made a second team appearance, so that makes him elite. As for Moncrief, he's higher than Ray Ray. Moncrief has made the first team once and second team 4 times. Gus Williams is below both.

ITs so hard for me to put white players in a list of all time greats when blacks were not allowed to play how good would they have really been in just a few years when blacks were allowed into the NBa the WIlts Russ BIG O Sam Jones ect became stars how many could have also been stars in the early 50's
    Yardley won that scoring title in 58, Russell's second season and Sam Jones' first. He was still making All-Star teams when Baylor, Wilt and Oscar came into the league a few seasons later.

Joe is different, there were no blacks besides a few, but he did dominate the league before Mikan came.

Good college starter

Yardley won that scoring title in 58, Russell's second season and Sam Jones' first. He was still making All-Star teams when Baylor, Wilt and Oscar came into the league a few seasons later.

Joe is different, there were no blacks besides a few, but he did dominate the league before Mikan came.

Im not one to think because he's white he wasnt good or maybe great but in that day so many blacks got left out Sam if Im i believe is the first NBA player from a black college so I give big props to yardley its just so many very good players werew shut out from showing what they could do

Im not one to think because he's white he wasnt good or maybe great but in that day so many blacks got left out Sam if Im i believe is the first NBA player from a black college so I give big props to yardley its just so many very good players werew shut out from showing what they could do
    Folks 63 stood for some years until Baylor broke it with 73, than Wilt with 100.

Good college starter

Folks 63 stood for some years until Baylor broke it with 73, than Wilt with 100.

All IM saying is that blacks were kept out the league many belived they werent talented enough or had the Iq to play at that level but once the doors were open it was proven wrong so what if the doors were open in the early 50's

G.O.A.T., I don't think you were here when we did this.

The Top 100 Greatest NBA Players Of All Time According To ISH