Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Default Re: Chris Nolan / Zack Snyder "MAN OF STEEL"

Quote Originally Posted by Loneshot
    At the end of the day its still a movie about a grown man dressing up as a super hero to fight bad guys without the use of guns. I know Nolan grounds it so much that people expect a dark psychological drama, but only so much can be done without scrapping the Batman character completely.
    I understand your point, however fans of the movies can't have it two ways. Can't knock other super hero movies based on "realism" yet not take any criticism for people not understanding how Batman survives and manages to swim to safety after releasing a bomb into the ocean just seconds before it detonates.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    I recently watched Dark Knight Rises again on PPV...I found it to be much worse than I remember

starting from when Batman walks up to Gordon on the ice, lights up his flaming bat symbol until then end, is just filled with cringe worthy scenes.

the entire giant melee fight...a giant fist fight (while everyone has guns) is almost like something from the old Batman TV show

Bane and Batman magically find each other in the center of huge fist fight

the stabbing in the side while telling Batman her whole master plan

Cat woman saves the day complete with cheezy one-liner

That whole scene is so awful, it damn near ruins what is really a great movie...I wish he would redo the end, because it really isn't good at all.
    I actually had to agree on these points, it was a good movie but they could have done better. I was actually expecting Robin to take over the reins of batman when Bane broke his back. Still wasnt as good as the 2nd movie.

Decent playground baller Immortal Bum's Avatar

if there was an all out brawl in your city, who would you go after? the guy with the freakish looking device on his face who is snapping people's necks, the guy dressed in black rubber from head-to-toe who thinks he's a bat, a dude who appears to be a common street thug, or lastly, a wimpy looking police officer?

i'd say considering the above, its pretty easy to see how batman and bane found each other in the crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Bum
    if there was an all out brawl in your city, who would you go after? the guy with the freakish looking device on his face who is snapping people's necks, the guy dressed in black rubber from head-to-toe who thinks he's a bat, a dude who appears to be a common street thug, or lastly, a wimpy looking police officer?

I doubt Bruce actually survived. Do you guys actually think Batman would trust an autopilot with a nuclear weapon and the lives of everyone in Gotham? He was gonna sacrifice himself to save the city, that was foreshadowed with all the prior dialogue, "I haven't given them everything, not yet", "You either die a hero", etc. Batman was always destined to sacrifice himself for Gotham.

The 5 seconds, autopilot and the Italy scene were just for hope. That even in darkest days hoppe keeps us goin. But Alfred was imagining them, he said before that was his wish. A supposedly dead famous billionaire sitting at a crowded cafe would draw lot of attention.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Bum

i'd say considering the above, its pretty easy to see how batman and bane found each other in the crowd.
    first off it would look NOTHING like that...it would look like guerrilla warfare in Iraq or something...everyone had guns yet no one used them for some reason

second, even if I did accept them finding each other in the middle of this massive brawl, the fact that they somehow found themselves in peace and quiet alone in a room where the other 10,000 brawlers didn't stumble into is also very silly and hard to look past....

and yeah, "it's a movie" but Batman takes itself way too seriously for that silly brawl IMO

Made that high school varsity squad LA Lakers's Avatar

Cant stand Zach Snyder. One of the worst Hollywood popcorn ticket sales CGI sensory overload directors.

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    first off it would look NOTHING like that...it would look like guerrilla warfare in Iraq or something...everyone had guns yet no one used them for some reason

second, even if I did accept them finding each other in the middle of this massive brawl, the fact that they somehow found themselves in peace and quiet alone in a room where the other 10,000 brawlers didn't stumble into is also very silly and hard to look past....

and yeah, "it's a movie" but Batman takes itself way too seriously for that silly brawl IMO
    yeah, that shit was stupid. o look here's a big scary guy breaking all the cops necks, lets run up to him instead of just shooting his ass from a safe distance?

also, how the **** does catwoman roll up on that loud ass motorcycle without bane or batman hearing?

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton

I doubt Bruce actually survived. Do you guys actually think Batman would trust an autopilot with a nuclear weapon and the lives of everyone in Gotham? He was gonna sacrifice himself to save the city, that was foreshadowed with all the prior dialogue, "I haven't given them everything, not yet", "You either die a hero", etc. Batman was always destined to sacrifice himself for Gotham.

The 5 seconds, autopilot and the Italy scene were just for hope. That even in darkest days hoppe keeps us goin. But Alfred was imagining them, he said before that was his wish. A supposedly dead famous billionaire sitting at a crowded cafe would draw lot of attention.

u forgot the part at the end when fox finds out bruce had already fixed the autopilot

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    u forgot the part at the end when fox finds out bruce had already fixed the autopilot
    Yea that too, but it doesn't mean he actually used it. It's not like he was thinking "Yea few months from now I will use this to transport an atomic bomb".

I can't see Batman trusting an autopilot with the nuke, everything in the trilogy was an allusion to his sacrifice. Those little scenes in the end were there just to keep the hope alive.

Man of Steel looks promising. I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad Nolan is a part of it.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DaPBBOHfsA

Newest trailer from a month and a half ago. Holy shit... I never liked Superman but have a feeling I may like this as much as Batman

new trailer looks pretty damn good but...holy lens flare batman!

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DaPBBOHfsA

Newest trailer from a month and a half ago. Holy shit... I never liked Superman but have a feeling I may like this as much as Batman
    I feel the same way. I never disliked or liked Superman, I just never got into it probably because I felt he wasn't portrayed the way I liked on film. Batman always caught my interest first becuase the first Batman movie in '89 was pretty decent and it always felt more realistic to me. Superman Returns was the closest thing to that, but even then I didn't like it very much. With Nolan and Synder part of this it looks very promising. I will definitely catch it at the theaters.

Well...at least he punches stuff in this one. That alone has me interested.

Nice. But I hope Snyder would go away with Nolan's often indulgent exposition.