Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: BREAKING: Judge denies Donald Sterling's attempt to block sale, team can now be sold

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    Contracts. They all powerful no matter how unfair you may think their clauses are.
    What contract?

Default Re: BREAKING: Judge denies Donald Sterling's attempt to block sale, team can now be sold

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    What contract?
    The ones he signed before he became an owner?

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    The ones he signed before he became an owner?
    That isnt what happened the though. He was joint owner with the Clippers and then declared mentally incapacitated by a doctor. Meaning he no longer had authority to make joint decisions. From which Shelly could do as she pleases and sell the team.

Unless you mean contracts involving Shelly and Donald.

Banned

this might keep future owners from even cosidering "owning" an nba franchise... dropping hundreds of millions and even sometimes billions of dollars into a team they don't even actually "OWN"

and LOL@ a wife selling your shit out from under you

also seems highly illegal

being racist is not against the law*****************

Dayum i wanna be Shelly Sterlings boy toy, some nice wrinkled granny puussy.

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    He can, and he will.

This is wil be extended and extended.
    He can't stop the sale. Judge says sale cannot be stopped.

He can appeal after the fact but it is a major uphill battle.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    this might keep future owners from even cosidering "owning" an nba franchise... dropping hundreds of millions and even sometimes billions of dollars into a team they don't even actually "OWN"

No one flat out owns a team, they never did. They have rules and codes they must follow, and anyone breaking those rules and codes is subject to removal. This is common knowledge.

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Sterling played this the wrong way from a legal standpoint. He should have never written the letter authorizing the sale. He sealed his fate. If he really wanted to fight this thing he should have committed to it from the very beginning.

As for the phone call it is disturbing on both fronts, perhaps more so when you consider that everyone must now be aware and careful with their words no matter how private the situation may seem. Still, Sterling did the dance with a whore and paid the price. Let it be another lesson in a long line for men who get mixed up with broads like this.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

this might keep future owners from even cosidering "owning" an nba franchise
    You say this when this case is the result of someone buying the team for 2 billion dollars. I realize you aren't that bright but, come on.

NBA rookie of the year

It's pretty much the same as owning any other type of "franchise" business.

If I own a McDonalds, I do so knowing McDonalds can revoke my franchise if say I'm caught on the six o' clock news making disparaging remarks that aren't good for the overall brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    It's pretty much the same as owning any other type of "franchise" business.

If I own a McDonalds, I do so knowing McDonalds can revoke my franchise if say I'm caught on the six o' clock news making disparaging remarks that aren't good for the overall brand.
    Except the NBA never made it that far...

shhhhhhh

Except the NBA never made it that far...
    Yes and no, trust me the leaguge offices are considering this a huge victory today.. this is all because the NBA was taking the steps to force the sale, it was going to happen.. Shelly Sterling saw the writing on the wall and took the intuitive to work with the NBA instead of fighting it.

either way the end results are because of what the NBA started and was clearly more than willing to see through to the end

Every day you continue to confirm what an idiot you truly are

That isnt what happened the though. He was joint owner with the Clippers and then declared mentally incapacitated by a doctor. Meaning he no longer had authority to make joint decisions. From which Shelly could do as she pleases and sell the team.

Unless you mean contracts involving Shelly and Donald.
    Well Silver was using the ban and the fine as tactics to force Stern to sell. Those were apparently acceptable in terms of what the league can do.

The Sterling Trust also have their own legal contracts that contain clauses that can allow Shelly to sell the franchise like the insanity one she used.

I remember when she paid doctors to interview him and they declared him brain dead.

He should just pay some doctors to claim hes not.