Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: If George Mikan and Jerry West played in today's game, how good would they be?

West would be the best player in the game. Mikan would be top 5.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: If George Mikan and Jerry West played in today's game, how good would they be?

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    It's quite appropriate. He gets a hard-on every time Kobe plays against Chicago.
    How does an 8 year old get these things?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TmacsRockets
    West would be the best player in the game. Mikan would be top 5.
    West would be as good as J.J. Redick.

Mikan would struggle against Mark Madsen and Brian Cardinal.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    How does an 8 year old get these things?
    It's not even funny, but BULLS is over 29 years old. I have some reasons to believe he is over 35 and actually married. I can only feel terror when I think of that.

Banned

Ok people, that's enough. If you can't stay on topic, then GTFO of this thread. Nobody knows who the hell this "BULLS" poster is. If he even exists, just know that I am not him.

Quote Originally Posted by gencbiba
    It's not even funny, but BULLS is over 29 years old. I have some reasons to believe he is over 35 and actually married. I can only feel terror when I think of that.
    That is disturbing....

Who knew society could be THIS stupid?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Wow, how many of these threads has BULLS made. I really don't understand the lockjaw hatred of players from the NBA BDS (Before David Stern).

I'll just ask: Stiff #1, why do you carry such disdain for legendary players that played before the 80's?

Quote Originally Posted by blazerftc
    Wow, how many of these threads has BULLS made. I really don't understand the lockjaw hatred of players from the NBA BDS (Before David Stern).

I'll just ask: Stiff #1, why do you carry such disdain for legendary players that played before the 80's?
    Because they didnt include Kobe Bryant, Derrick Rose, or Jichael Mordan, duh.

Banned

Who is BULLS?

How is asking a simple question "carrying disdain" for certain players?

Good question.

I think that if West and Mikan played in today's game, they would be decent but man would they get burned.

Quote Originally Posted by Stiff #1
    Who is BULLS?

How is asking a simple question "carrying disdain" for certain players?
    It's the tone you set with the question. And of course the part where you answer yourself by saying obviously negative things about the players in question. So, I'll ask again, why do you hate players from before the 80's?

Banned

Unlike most members of this forum, I am mature enough not to "hate" any professional athlete. I just asked whether or not two players would be good today.

Unlike most members of this forum, I am mature enough not to "hate" any professional athlete. I just asked whether or not two players would be good today.
    Which is then followed by numerous people telling you that you can't just take a player and drop him into the modern league and tell him sink or swim. Mostly because time travel is impossible, but also due to innumerable other factors including differences in coaching, physical training, pay, etc.

The modern league is BUILT on the past, and the accomplishments of these players that you claim would be "scrubs". If you disagree with that, why do we still keep records at all? And, without them there would be no Michael Jordan, no Kobe Bryant, etc.

Banned

Which is then followed by numerous people telling you that you can't just take a player and drop him into the modern league and tell him sink or swim. Mostly because time travel is impossible, but also due to innumerable other factors including differences in coaching, physical training, pay, etc.

The modern league is BUILT on the past, and the accomplishments of these players that you claim would be "scrubs". If you disagree with that, why do we still keep records at all? And, without them there would be no Michael Jordan, no Kobe Bryant, etc.

And you wonder why people think you're a jerk...