Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Has Jason Terry always been a di**?

Ok so tonight after the game he made these comments..

"It's a game we had to win," Terry said. "They're a bad team. They're not a good team. "It's a good team (Thursday, Lakers)."

I also remember after the Bulls whooped on the Mavs he got pissed off and postgame said "Derrick Rose is the Bulls. Without him they aren't sh**" or w/e. Has he always been a douche? I never remembered him acting like this in previous years with Dallas but what's up with the disrespect towards other teams?

Default Re: Has Jason Terry always been a di**?

He has been like that for a minute....nothing new.

But yeah dude is not humble one bit.

Local High School Star crosso√er's Avatar

Yes he is a douche bag.
    About a month ago, when Dallas were like three games ahead of the Lakers, he said:

"We're not worried about them (Lakers), we're looking ahead."
    Well guess what buddy? You're behind now.

He's a self absorbed prick who has never won anything in this league except in the regular season, you'd think he had like ten rings the way he speaks to the media sometime.

Arrogant piece of shit.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Nothing wrong with what he said IMO. He basically just said you have to win games against bad teams. Like or not the Clippers are 30 win team and aren't in the playoffs. For a team like Dallas, there a bad team and they have to win those games.

Guess he could have chose "nicer" words to use but I'm assuming he was asked right after the game so I'm sure the last thing he was thinking about was being all genuine and kind PR bullshit.

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

He has always been a dick, but he was just being honest there.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    Nothing wrong with what he said IMO. He basically just said you have to win games against bad teams. Like or not the Clippers are 30 win team and aren't in the playoffs. For a team like Dallas, there a bad team and they have to win those games.

Guess he could have chose "nicer" words to use but I'm assuming he was asked right after the game so I'm sure the last thing he was thinking about was being all genuine and kind PR bullshit.
    They're a good team when healthy though.
    He's not humble at all, he shows no sportsmanship.

Every time he makes a big basket or his team wins a big game; he'll overreact and put down his competition. He's a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by crosso√er
    Yes he is a douche bag.
    About a month ago, when Dallas were like three games ahead of the Lakers, he said:

"We're not worried about them (Lakers), we're looking ahead."
    Well guess what buddy? You're behind now.

He's a self absorbed prick who has never won anything in this league except in the regular season, you'd think he had like ten rings the way he speaks to the media sometime.

Arrogant piece of shit.
    I hope your like 12 years old

He's an arrogant piece of shit? Based on what? like 20 media comments?. What if people made assumptions on what little they actually knew of us?.

People need to stop pretending they knew who these guy's are based on what on media comments. Even myself am guilty of this. We don't know NBA players, we don't know celebrities. We should probably stop trying to analyze there personalities

that was honest, but yeah terry's a dick. I remember that game. We were playing without Noah and Boozer and Deng was struggling. And then there was the comment on how the lakers couldn't overtake the 2nd spot from Dallas

Local High School Star

terry is a beast and he plays hard all day every day...plus he's clutch..i like guys talkin the truth

I hope your like 12 years old

He's an arrogant piece of shit? Based on what? like 20 media comments?. What if people made assumptions on what little they actually knew of us?.

People need to stop pretending they knew who these guy's are based on what on media comments. Even myself am guilty of this. We don't know NBA players, we don't know celebrities. We should probably stop trying to analyze there personalities
    He's paid millions of dollars to be a role model, playing the game he loves. This isn't a business person or a doctor; he's an arrogant basketball player, I don't know him as a person so obviously I'm not making that assumption.

They are the byproduct of our criticism. Otherwise the media wouldn't be making billions of dollars interviewing them for us "fans".

I'm a 12 year old because I have an opinion on a player who constantly comes off as a douche bag? You have a correct view on life, just not in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by crosso√er
    They're a good team when healthy though.
    He's not humble at all, he shows no sportsmanship.

Every time he makes a big basket or his team wins a big game; he'll overreact and put down his competition. He's a loser.
    What players don't do something when they make a momentum changing basketball? Your calling out over half of the sports world at the moment.

And who cares if there good when healthy? L.A Clippers aren't a good team right now. As a Dallas Maverick you need to beat teams your better than. It's basically what he said. What's he suppose to say? Maybe what other athletes do. "Well the Clippers played a great game, they've got good youth and are an excellent team. We needed to beat them out there tonight". You actually believe people when they say that? Who knows if there telling the truth? I sure as shit don't and neither do you. Just like you don't know Jason Terry.

Ridiculous we as fan pretend to know how these guy's are after a 20 second ESPN interview. Or how somebody reacts after winning a championship or making a big 3 pointer. The fact is we don't. Kevin Durant acts extremely humble but there's no way of knowing if he's a complete douche outside of the sport. Jason Terry has made some douchey comments, not going to pretend like I know his personality and pretend like I can assume he's a "loser".

What players don't do something when they make a momentum changing basketball? Your calling out over half of the sports world at the moment.

And who cares if there good when healthy? L.A Clippers aren't a good team right now. As a Dallas Maverick you need to beat teams your better than. It's basically what he said. What's he suppose to say? Maybe what other athletes do. "Well the Clippers played a great game, they've got good youth and are an excellent team. We needed to beat them out there tonight". You actually believe people when they say that? Who knows if there telling the truth? I sure as shit don't and neither do you. Just like you don't know Jason Terry.

Ridiculous we as fan pretend to know how these guy's are after a 20 second ESPN interview. Or how somebody reacts after winning a championship or making a big 3 pointer. The fact is we don't. Kevin Durant acts extremely humble but there's no way of knowing if he's a complete douche outside of the sport. Jason Terry has made some douchey comments, not going to pretend like I know his personality and pretend like I can assume he's a "loser".
    Dallas won by six points; Clippers are no push over, when they were healthy, they gave teams like the Lakers a ton of problems.

You answered your own question; of course he should have been more humble about the win. He could have emphasized it was a tough win, and that it was a game they should have won.

Not flat out call them a bad team; if this was the first time Terry has said something disrespectful, I wouldn't have cared. But he has a history of sounding like an arrogant piece of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Ok so tonight after the game he made these comments..

"It's a game we had to win," Terry said. "They're a bad team. They're not a good team. "It's a good team (Thursday, Lakers)."

I also remember after the Bulls whooped on the Mavs he got pissed off and postgame said "Derrick Rose is the Bulls. Without him they aren't sh**" or w/e. Has he always been a douche? I never remembered him acting like this in previous years with Dallas but what's up with the disrespect towards other teams?
    So you mad at him for calling it like he see's it with the Clippers?....

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Christofire
    terry is a beast and he plays hard all day every day...plus he's clutch..i like guys talkin the truth

not in the playoffs, son

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

First off.. Are Carlisle, Dirk and Kidd lying when they say the Clippers are a playoff team when healthy that just needs experience? Or is Terry full of shit when he says we are a bad team? I agree Nugget that the Mavs DO have to win and that we are a lesser team. To flat out disrespect an opponent and call them a bad team though, especially when they aren't?

How many opponents have said the Clippers were an extremely tough team to play and have playoff talent if healthy? Seems like most teams have. Nugget your own coach George Karl flat out said when we are healthy and playing well we don't have a weakness after DeAndre Jordan stomped you guys out for 14 points, 20 rebounds and 7 blocked shots and the rest of our guys killed it too.

Point here was like Crossover said it's poor sportsmanship. Why would you diss another team like that out of the blue? I know to you Nugget it wasn't a diss but the way he words these things is harsh and disrespectful. The comment about Derrick Rose being THE entire Bulls when they have Deng, Boozer and other guys? Disrespectful!