Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Basketball Genius

Default Michael Jordan - "Kevin Durant is going to sneak through the backdoor...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ma3YpyuuxE

considering the current state of the league, did michael jordan's prophecy come into fruition? right now, at this moment, i believe it is safe to say that kevin durant is the best player in the game. and what's even more fascinating about it is that no one saw it coming.

we figured that lebron would put up his usual numbers and dominate while durant was nipping at his heels but instead, the roles have been reversed so dramatically that it really came out of nowhere.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Michael Jordan - "Kevin Durant is going to sneak through the backdoor...."

Fairly sure everybody said Durant would be a superstar in this league. I am waiting for David to turn up.

Default Re: Michael Jordan - "Kevin Durant is going to sneak through the backdoor...."

Your nickname is PsychoBe.

NBA lottery pick

Said the same thing about Kwame Brown.

However, as we all know, Kwame Brown got kicked out the backdoor.

.................that is something i only expected magic johnson would say

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Fairly sure everybody said Durant would be a superstar in this league. I am waiting for David to turn up.
    durant is more than a superstar now. he is unarguably the best basketball player in the world. i was talking in terms of how in the beginning it was "kobe vs lebron" but jordan was correct in prophesying that durant was going to sneak up on (and possibly pass) both of them. though the now is how long he can sustain his success.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    durant is more than a superstar now. he is unarguably the best basketball player in the world. i was talking in terms of how in the beginning it was "kobe vs lebron" but jordan was correct in prophesying that durant was going to sneak up on (and possibly pass) both of them. though the now is how long he can sustain his success.
    Durant isn't passing up anyone. In my eyes, you can never claim to be the best without a ring.

Durant isn't passing up anyone. In my eyes, you can never claim to be the best without a ring.
    do you watch basketball or the "List of NBA champions" Wikipedia page?

Good college starter

To be honest, I never expected Durant to be as good as he's playing right now. Though I will say the gap between him and Lebron is more pronounced right now because Lebron's not playing up to expectations right now. Whether or not he's conserving his body, that'll be seen in the playoffs. But as of now, Durant is playing better.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    do you watch basketball or the "List of NBA champions" Wikipedia page?

LeBron was the clear best even before he won a ring, same with Jordan.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    LeBron was the clear best even before he won a ring, same with Jordan.
    But there was still that divide between great player and "best in the world"

That's just the GOAT's way of saying Durant is gonna fu*ck Lebron in the ass if they meet in the finals. I'm pretty sure that's why Lebron is gonna quit on his team in the second round or the ECF.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus
    That's just the GOAT's way of saying Durant is gonna fu*ck Lebron in the ass if they meet in the finals. I'm pretty sure that's why Lebron is gonna quit on his team in the second round or the ECF.
    Like 2012?

Like 2012?
    Nope, the refs are not invited this time.