Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tiago Splitter

Good High School Starter la bomba's Avatar

Default Re: Tiago Splitter

Quote Originally Posted by b.jerk
    It would of been unsportsmanlike for Tau Ceramica to play it's starters after the first quarter, Tau's backups were better than Prokom's starters. Saying Tiago Splitter played a stinker is misleading, if he played 25 minutes he would of easily had 20 and 10. I could make an even better argument with statistics that Yaniv Green is a better player than Nikola Vujcic and Nikola Vujcic defense is so bad that on some teams I would rather have Yaniv Green than Nikola Vujcic. Marc Gasol is a good player but could be tougher in the paint, Yaniv Green is a good player but could of been taller but saying Marc Gasol is better than Tiago Splitter is as foolish as saying Yaniv Green is better than Nikola Vujcic.
    Again i repeat i never said he was better.I said his numbers are better and he is better at certain things like shooting..Gasol is not weak,his brother is.I only brought gasol up cause you said that splitter is categorically the best player in ACB with no proof.I would rather you would have said that in your opinion he is the best player in spain.Atleast Gasol leads the rankings by a mile on mvp for ACB,I know this is only stats but in the case of splitter you have nothing but your opinion.
    As for Prokom,together with brose and le mans they stink!

I rule the local playground b.jerk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by la bomba
    Again i repeat i never said he was better.I said his numbers are better and he is better at certain things like shooting..Gasol is not weak,his brother is.I only brought gasol up cause you said that splitter is categorically the best player in ACB with no proof.I would rather you would have said that in your opinion he is the best player in spain.Atleast Gasol leads the rankings by a mile on mvp for ACB,I know this is only stats but in the case of splitter you have nothing but your opinion.
    As for Prokom,together with brose and le mans they stink!
    He was the mvp of the supercopa and he's carrying spain's flag team Tau Ceramica to second behind CSKA in group A, arguably the toughest basketball competition in the world and Tau Ceramica is two games from first having played the toughest schedule so far in the acb, that's evidence. You wouldn't have to use a stupid Marc Gasol comparison or personal attacks if your opinion had any merit, I'm not going to sink to that level.
    Last edited by b.jerk; 01-05-2008 at 09:22 AM.

He was the mvp of the supercopa and he's carrying spain's flag team Tau Ceramica to second behind CSKA in group A, arguably the toughest basketball competition in the world and Tau Ceramica is two games from first having played the toughest schedule so far in the acb, that's evidence. You wouldn't have to use a stupid Marc Gasol comparison or personal attacks if your opinion had any merit, I'm not going to sink to that level.
    What personal attacks?excuse me but i have nothing but insults from you in another forum.I have never insulted you.what are you talking about?

What personal attacks?excuse me but i have nothing but insults from you in another forum.I have never insulted you.what are you talking about?
    Rudy Fernandez is a good player and will be a good addition for his nba team but there are better and less expensive players than Rudy Fernandez that will be better additions for their nba teams. Tiago Splitter is a better basketball player that will make a great team better. I'm sorry if some jerk hurt your feelings in another forum but you should move on.
    Last edited by b.jerk; 01-06-2008 at 09:06 AM.

Spurs Forum Moderator The Big Three's Avatar

Now, now, guys settle down this is just a basketball forum stop *****ing at each other.

Thanks to Nike (link here) you can now compete to design a shoe for you favorite euroleague basketball player including Tiago Splitter. Unfortunately Rudy Fernandez wasn't thought of high enough to be included on the list.

Here's my shoe Spanish Tiago.

For the Spurs fans, San Antonio scouts were publicly present at a Maccabi practice to scout Omri Casspi. He hasn't played much this year but he's an incredible talent. Greg Popovich would know how to make Omri Casspi into a great player and as a basketball fan I would like to see Omri Casspi go there.

You need to use explorer to view this video of a San Antonio scout interviewed
    Last edited by b.jerk; 01-09-2008 at 09:42 PM.

Spurs Forum Moderator The Big Three's Avatar

I sure hope he turns into something special, because if not, then we're screwed for the 5-10 years after Timmeh's gone. Even then, we'll probably be a borderline playoff team, unless he puts up 20/10 every night, which I doubt he will do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Three
    I sure hope he turns into something special, because if not, then we're screwed for the 5-10 years after Timmeh's gone. Even then, we'll probably be a borderline playoff team, unless he puts up 20/10 every night, which I doubt he will do.
    Tiago Splitter will be at least 15/10 but if the Spurs steal Omri Casspi they won't need anyone else to score.

Tiago Splitter will be at least 15/10 but if the Spurs steal Omri Casspi they won't need anyone else to score.
    was given more minutes on thursday.did really well.talking of casspi of coz not splitter.

was given more minutes on thursday.did really well.talking of casspi of coz not splitter.
    Most people would call Splitter's 19/6 a well played game.

All hail Tiago Splitter victor of Rudy Fernandez and DKV Joventut had another mvp performance for the week and arguably the best player in the euroleague.

I rule the local playground

B.jerk.

I like Tiago Splitter a lot, I have seen him play for years, and he's even better since Tau lost Scola (they made an awesome cuple, though), cause he became a very clutch player for the team.

But, he is not the best players in ACB. Rudy Fernandez and Marc Gasol are clearly the best this year. Following them, there are some players (Felipe Reyes, Ricky Rubio, Bullock...) and I will put Splitter with them, very good player, pretty good at ACB and solid if they came to NBA (Rubio is gonna be a superstar, but he need some more develpment).

I love Splitter's game, but this season Marc and Rudy are clearly better. And they play for worse teams, specially Marc.

If DKV Joventut Ricky Rubio and Rudy Fernandez are better than Tiago Splitter shouldn't clearly DKV Joventut be a better team than Tau Victoria. Regardless of your contradiction Tiago Splitter is winning in the euroleague, ahead of DKV Joventut in the acb, won the supercopa and was the mvp of the supercopa with an average supporting cast. Tiago Splitter has earned consideration as the best player in the euroleague. Rudy Fernandez is a great player but he doesn't play in the euroleague and he loses to euroleague teams in the acb regularly and if Rudy Fernandez was clearly better than Tiago Splitter than your best argument wouldn't be a contradiction.
    Last edited by b.jerk; 01-31-2008 at 07:50 PM.

Arrow Re: Tiago Splitter

If DKV Joventut Ricky Rubio and Rudy Fernandez are better than Tiago Splitter shouldn't clearly DKV Joventut be a better team than Tau Victoria. Regardless of your contradiction Tiago Splitter is winning in the euroleague, ahead of DKV Joventut in the acb, won the supercopa and was the mvp of the supercopa with an average supporting cast. Tiago Splitter has earned consideration as the best player in the euroleague. Rudy Fernandez is a great player but he doesn't play in the euroleague and he loses to euroleague teams in the acb regularly and if Rudy Fernandez was clearly better than Tiago Splitter than your best argument wouldn't be a contradiction.
    OMG you have wet dreams with Splitter. TAU is winning, not Splitter. TAU has Prigioni, Rakocevic, Planinic, Teletovic, McDonald, Splitter while DKV is basically Rubio, Rudy and Barton. In fact, the difference factor for TAU winning in ACB is not being Splitter but Rako. And TAU and DKV are tied in the league (13-6).

DKV really earned the right to play Euroleague with a semifinal in ACB but since Unicaja went to the Final Four they were relegated to ULEB Cup (that is one of the worst rules I have seen ever, I understand the winner plays to defend the title but never that a semifinalist is allowed to play the tournament again without earning it in the domestic league).
    I don't mind who is the best or who will be, that's always arguable. It's like a 'Who is the better player, Lebron or Duncan?' in the NBA. Both are fantastic players. But you have to admit that Rudy is performing above anyone except Marc Gasol in ACB and is making today more impact in the league than Tiago because his team record is mainly due to him.
    Last edited by berraco; 02-01-2008 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by berraco
    OMG you have wet dreams with Splitter. TAU is winning, not Splitter. TAU has Prigioni, Rakocevic, Planinic, Teletovic, McDonald, Splitter while DKV is basically Rubio, Rudy and Barton. In fact, the difference factor for TAU winning in ACB is not being Splitter but Rako. And TAU and DKV are tied in the league (13-6).

DKV really earned the right to play Euroleague with a semifinal in ACB but since Unicaja went to the Final Four they were relegated to ULEB Cup (that is one of the worst rules I have seen ever, I understand the winner plays to defend the title but never that a semifinalist is allowed to play the tournament again without earning it in the domestic league).
    I don't mind who is the best or who will be, that's always arguable. It's like a 'Who is the better player, Lebron or Duncan?' in the NBA. Both are fantastic players. But you have to admit that Rudy is performing above anyone except Marc Gasol in ACB and is making today more impact in the league than Tiago because his team record is mainly due to him.
    When a good teams defense collapses because of Rudy Fernandez tell me until then I'm convinced Tiago Splitter is the best player in the ACB. Tiago Splitter has had several incredible performances in both the acb and the euroleague this year and has been called "the most awaited player in europe".
    Last edited by b.jerk; 02-01-2008 at 04:50 AM.