Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Homeland

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Another thing I forgot to mention, why the hell would the CIA care that much about clearing Brody's name? And I understand why Carrie would want to, but why would she let people know that i.e. when she tried to stop the lawyer from killing the actual bomber, she screamed out something back to Dar Adal about clearing Brody's name?
    Show is turning into the next 24.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Show is turning into the next 24.
    Yep. This show has really dropped in quality and I loved 24. But what made Homeland so great was it's gritty realism. Turning into 24 without Jack Bauer is stupid

Unless they plan on turning Brody into Bauer

I agree with guy. My attention wavered last night but I still watch. And not many of my friends do. I dont know about Carrie being the best actress on TV. Honestly I cant even say who is. But I want to bone her without protection and no pull out. Why is that? Something about that crazy chick. She doesnt have much of a body. Ass, hips. In some tight jeans you can be mislead. Yet I am attracted to this chick.

After last night I'm lost and have no idea which way this show is going. I also dont think I can take another scene where Broay just huffs n puffs intensely.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Carrie is the best actress on TV and it's not close.

No offense, but I think she's the worst part of the show. She's always crazy. It gets annoying after a while. The writers could have made her a drunk or anything else, but to make her bipolar is crazy in itself. Bipolar people are people you do not want to be around. That, and I can't understand why she feels the way she feels for Brody. It's a sick infatuation.

Saul's the reason I watch the show.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I dont know about Carrie being the best actress on TV. Honestly I cant even say who is. But I want to bone her without protection and no pull out. Why is that? Something about that crazy chick. She doesnt have much of a body. Ass, hips. In some tight jeans you can be mislead. Yet I am attracted to this chick.
    Claire Danes? She was Juliet.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

It's not a shock to see all the 24 comps, because the show is produced by 24 guys. It's sort of a 24, but less action, and more behind the scenes, was the initial pitch it seemed.

I've sort of enjoyed the ruse of her being in on the hospitilization, and the current play in Iran. But mostly because I didn't see it coming, not because it was good. And how could anyone see it coming when it's that rediculous. For an international thriller, they've really kind of boxed themselves in character wise. It really feels like the Carrie / Brody thing was written as a single story arc, and then they just keep force feeding it. They really need to get away from it. Explore more of Dara Dal's background. Saul's background has started to leak out some this year, and led to some interesting ground. Finish Brody and let Carrie's crazy persona mix with the Dara Dal's foot soldier guy, which they've hinted at, but haven't gotten any further. Explore him more. See what happens when those characters mix.

Or, just find a target to work on. Sort of the way The Killing jumped onto a new case in it's revived third season. Find some other plot to foil, and go into it from scratch, rather than continueing to claw our way down the same rabbit hole through Brody.

NBA Superstar

Its entertaining. They do a great evil white guy (Bennett and the Senator) Claire Danes and the young CIA agent are great, Saul is great, they have gotten rid of Mrs. Brody, her bairns and Mike the Marine (all addition by subtraction), I think the second half of the season has been appointment television. This new Iranian guy is good too.

The show saved itself, and for that I am grateful.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    It's not a shock to see all the 24 comps, because the show is produced by 24 guys. It's sort of a 24, but less action, and more behind the scenes, was the initial pitch it seemed.

I've sort of enjoyed the ruse of her being in on the hospitilization, and the current play in Iran. But mostly because I didn't see it coming, not because it was good. And how could anyone see it coming when it's that rediculous. For an international thriller, they've really kind of boxed themselves in character wise. It really feels like the Carrie / Brody thing was written as a single story arc, and then they just keep force feeding it. They really need to get away from it. Explore more of Dara Dal's background. Saul's background has started to leak out some this year, and led to some interesting ground. Finish Brody and let Carrie's crazy persona mix with the Dara Dal's foot soldier guy, which they've hinted at, but haven't gotten any further. Explore him more. See what happens when those characters mix.

Or, just find a target to work on. Sort of the way The Killing jumped onto a new case in it's revived third season. Find some other plot to foil, and go into it from scratch, rather than continueing to claw our way down the same rabbit hole through Brody.
    The show was amazing when the story was really about Carrie/CIA chasing a Marine hero that was really a terrorist. That was the storyline. Then the show became shit when the storyline became this ridiculous typical romance between two crazy ****ing people, Carrie and Brody, who's situations dictate that its best if they stayed away from each other but they can't stop loving each other and will do anything for the other.

I'm going to check into this. My girls forcing me to watch scandal which wasn't at bad at first but got pretty bad and started taking a toll. My favorite show is lost. we started prison break the other day and are two episodes in. We like it. Going to check this out is it on Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by miller-time
    Claire Danes? She was Juliet.

Wow never noticed that.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Wow never noticed that.

She's really the chick from My So Called Life, which if you're our age Gobb, should mean something. I think I was in 8th grade when that show got dumped from it's network slot and blew up on MTV.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    She's really the chick from My So Called Life, which if you're our age Gobb, should mean something. I think I was in 8th grade when that show got dumped from it's network slot and blew up on MTV.

Great show. Ended just when it should have.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Great show. Ended just when it should have.

Exactly ... when I was 13.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Holy shit the last episode was good.

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

I have to agree with most of the sentiment here. Show is getting too fantastical and Carrie's constant disobeying of orders/being crazy/CIA putting up with it has run its course. Brody has run his course. I knew all along that they wouldn't drop Damian Lewis but seriously that's how that should have ended awhile ago.

Still watching, still interested, but there's no question the show is currently on a decline.