Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: New Knicks uniforms

Quote Originally Posted by christian1923
    Ha how was he the guy who replaced regis??! i gotta see this show one time, must be hilarious.
    He's ridiculously natural at it. I was WTF when i heard it was him, watched it and it's something he was born to do.

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    Like that's a hard thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    Jesus Christ.
    How the hell do people not know who Michael Strahan is?
    Because nobody outside of the US gives a shit about NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Pretty much this.

NBA lottery pick

Their loss.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He's ridiculously natural at it. I was WTF when i heard it was him, watched it and it's something he was born to do.
    I could imagine, hes really good on fox pre game and postgame. is he still going to be doing those shows?

Their loss.
    American football is pretty boring to me. Too little action,too many breaks and things that delay the game. Also it's not really attractive.

But everyone has a different taste. I'm sure Americans find a lot of European sports boring.

I didn't realize this site was 80% non-US posters until a few weeks ago.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    American football is pretty boring to me. Too little action,too many breaks and things that delay the game. Also it's not really attractive.

But everyone has a different taste. I'm sure Americans find a lot of European sports boring.
    yea like soccer lol

football is awesome and the best sport for TV. but i guess you gotta understand the game more to really like it.

yea like soccer lol

football is awesome and the best sport for TV. but i guess you gotta understand the game more to really like it.
    I don't especially like soccer though. Outside of watching El Clasico,Champions League or something like that it's not even interesting to me. Water polo and handball are more interesting to me. Basketball is my #1 of course.

And I agree that football would be more interesting to me if I knew the rules but still it lacks dynamic to be really exciting sport. Too many game breaks for my taste.

yea like soccer lol

It's all personal preference and what was shown to you when you where a kid.

Most people outside the US did not grow up watching NFL, so unless they enjoy watching A LOT of commercials the games often get tiresome.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    It's all personal preference and what was shown to you when you where a kid.

Most people outside the US did not grow up watching NFL, so unless they enjoy watching A LOT of commercials the games often get tiresome.
    This is the main reason why I don't like it. Too many commercials. Not only that but there is like 5 seconds of game before a player is down on the ground and the play needs to be stopped.
    NBA has a lot of commercial breaks too but we actually get to see some basketball in those 2.5 hours.
    In football there's like a 1:20 active game:game break ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Knicksfever2010
    HATE THESE, it seems the 'new york' is too high and the number is too high also
    It looks like a bra...

This is the main reason why I don't like it. Too many commercials. Not only that but there is like 5 seconds of game before a player is down on the ground and the play needs to be stopped.
    NBA has a lot of commercial breaks too but we actually get to see some basketball in those 2.5 hours.
    In football there's like a 1:20 active game:game break ratio.
    I once saw a game live in Miami, during the breaks the players will be done talking to coaches and each other and they'll just stand there waiting for the commercial block to be over which made a weird vibe.

NBA games taking +2.5 hours can be rough watching as well, especially when they show the same beer and car commercials over and over again.

I used to hate watching NFL but 2 things in the last 5-8 years changed it dramatically for me.

1. HDTV for NFL made it a completely new sport again. Its a lot more awesome watching sports in general but for the NFL, man it is eyecandy for 5 months out of the year.

2. Fantasy Football. amazing invention. it brings you rooting for players you otherwise would have never rooted for in the past. and its so well balanced that almost anyone can play. even the most casual fan can pick it up and have some luck with it.