Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: James Harden Admits His Defense Isn't Good, Wants to Improve

Well at least now Harden admits it, he knows his major weakness is defense and wants to improve on it. There's no need to hate on that, I wish him luck.
    Last edited by Cold soul; 09-30-2014 at 04:33 AM.

Next Great White Hope QuebecBaller's Avatar

He just have to try a little and it would be a huge improvement

Worst NBA defender ever?

Has there ever been a player with a bigger margin between capability on D/O?

To people ripping me for saying his defense was pretty good @ the WC. I thought he played the lanes well and showed flashes of good to very good defensive effort. Especially at the beginning of games. It's Harden we're talking about and his standards are lower than most, of course he still had lapses of focus like he always does but I felt it was toned down in comparison and overall encouraging.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by MP.Trey
    To people ripping me for saying his defense was pretty good @ the WC. I thought he played the lanes well and showed flashes of good to very good defensive effort. Especially at the beginning of games. It's Harden we're talking about and his standards are lower than most, of course he still had lapses of focus like he always does but I felt it was toned down in comparison and overall encouraging.
    Thats true. First of all, some of his videos have become viral. That just makes you think that situation happens every game. It doesnt. I have to recognise he has become a worst defender in Houston than he was in OKC. I mean, its an attitude. Its not like Bargnani, who cant do it despite trying. Harden doesnt defend well because doesnt want to. He has proved his defensive abilities in the past, especially in OKC. He cant be elite, but he can be very good defender. Awareness is the first step.