Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    College superstar VengefulAngel's Avatar

Default Re: Are Steph Curry and GSW about to change NBA basketball as we know it?

Most teams in the modern era have had some emphasis on 3 point shooting, this isn't anything new, it was revolutionised by D'Antoni with his space-pace offense, developed by teams like the Spurs and Miami. It's no surprise to me that team's have adopted the same philosophy and this has resulted in improvements in the degree in which they have exploited the 3 as a weapon.

I still believe that Cleveland has a decent chance against GSW in the finals, as they also have an array of three point snipers, this coupled with Lebron feeding them the ball may be enough.

Plus Cleveland match up pretty well defensively against GSW. With the acquisition of JR, Shump and Mozgov.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Are Steph Curry and GSW about to change NBA basketball as we know it?

Quote Originally Posted by OmniStrife
    I know it has been going on for a few years now, but still seeing such dominance from the team, and with Curry cementing himself as a super-star and MVP...

Are we in for a new 3pt-era? Kids today can see that even without superhuman athleticism one can become the best, anyone can shoot and make a 3.
    I can see an influx of young guys in the future working religiously on their long range shooting and teams seeking out potential snipers in the drafts.

We were always told that you live by the 3 and you die by the 3...
    That's true when your shooters are average+, but when you have true ELITE shooter, or even two, paired with a good defense on the other side, that saying is rendered void.
    Thing is, we just never had enough great shooters on a team.

I believe teams will try to go after GSW's model and get at least 2 GREAT shooters in their starting lineups.

The question is "Can he able to maintain his level of shooting for the next few years" and accomplish 3 peats?.

Can we stop pretending Curry isn't an amazing athlete?

Dude is 6'3, quick as hell, agile, has a great jump on him (36 inch vertical), and is extremely coordinated.
    He simply doesn't have a big wingspan...

about to being raped by Tristan Thompson and allow him to set NBA finals record offensive rebounds? Yes. Dunno about changing NBA basketball as we know it.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Can we stop pretending Curry isn't an amazing athlete?

Dude is 6'3, quick as hell, agile, has a great jump on him (36 inch vertical), and is extremely coordinated.
    He simply doesn't have a big wingspan...
    He's not. Amazing athlete is Westbrook. You dont say amazing athletes in the NBA, Bron, Westbrook, Curry.

As much as I hate him, I'd still say Durant is a better shoot than Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    As much as I hate him, I'd still say Durant is a better shoot than Curry.
    Not even Durant himself would even attempt to argue that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Not even Durant himself would even attempt to argue that.
    Durant has a wider shooting repertoire than Curry. Much of it due to his height advantage. You're never gonna see curry fade away or raise up over a defender the way Durant does.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Durant has a wider shooting repertoire than Curry. Much of it due to his height advantage. You're never gonna see curry fade away or raise up over a defender the way Durant does.

Wouldn't shooting the same or better percentages as KD while being 7 inches shorter indicate you are a BETTER shooter?

Curry has higher career 3point % and FT %, Durant has a slight raw FG% edge over Curry but that can be attributed to easier finishes around the rim due to him being 7 inches taller as said before. Not really related to shooting.

I'm not sure what type of argument you are gonna make for Kevin Durant being a better shooter than Steph Curry.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    He's not. Amazing athlete is Westbrook. You dont say amazing athletes in the NBA, Bron, Westbrook, Curry.
    He is an amazing athlete compared to the general population, and very underrated. He has a 36 inch vertical. Westbrook only has a 36.5 inch vertical. Obviously Westbrook is more athletic, but Westbrook is absolutely elite in that regard, he makes most people look unathletic.

Curry is the better shooter while Durant is the better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Curry is the better shooter while Durant is the better player.
    Both are certainly better than Lebaldo

Quote Originally Posted by theaussieguy
    He is an amazing athlete compared to the general population, and very underrated. He has a 36 inch vertical. Westbrook only has a 36.5 inch vertical. Obviously Westbrook is more athletic, but Westbrook is absolutely elite in that regard, he makes most people look unathletic.
    His vert is irrelevant if he isnt explosive above the rim. That ties into being an amazing athlete. Not sure what the saying amazing athlete means to you. It just doesn't have me saying Curry is too.

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    Both are certainly better than Lebaldo
    Both are ringless.

Smh nothing different. There are guys today and from the past who have worked just as hard aa Curry on their 3ball. Steph is better because he has better form and the green light