Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Hakeem over Kobe .. ?

Kobe who?

exactly.

I rule the local playground

No one in the history of the NBA carried a worse team to a title than Hakeem.

Quote Originally Posted by feyki
    Even Hakeem's before 93 levels were arguably better than Kobe ever was with his amazing defensive capabilities .

And three consecutive years , He was amazing two way player as much as Kareem . Arguably goat prime .

Career wise , arguably top 5 all time . While Kobe has a case for 8th at maximum .
    MJ, Kareem, Duncan, Wilt, Russel, Lebron, Magic, Bird, Shaq all had better careers, so he's not arguably top 5 *career*. In terms of actual on-court prowess, he's a top ten talent IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    MJ, Kareem, Duncan, Wilt, Russel, Lebron, Magic, Bird, Shaq all had better careers, so he's not arguably top 5 *career*. In terms of actual on-court prowess, he's a top ten talent IMO.
    MJ,Kareem,Russell and Wilt .. Yes . But others are debatable .

For Magic , Magic was almost on his peak days at 86 . But Hakeem played better against him and eliminated Showtime LA by an underdog . Let alone Hakeem's best days .

For Bird , Hakeem had better prime ( 93-95 ) . And better longevity too .

Lebron , Lebron could be surpass him in the future . But career wise , Hakeem has the better career with his 27-12-4-2-4 for 13 playoffs years . Hakeem has the year average as impact and also with two more playoffs years .

Shaq and Duncan , those trio are very close . I have him as 6th , one spot above Shaq and one spot below Duncan .

Before Kobe retired - 99% of pasters had Kobe above Hakeem.
    After Kobe retired - 80% of posters have him outside the top 10 list & 90% have Hakeem above Kobe.

So why even bother discussing these issues on here? It's a bunch of losers swallowing LeBron's jizz and purposely discrediting Kobe because he's the latest superstar to retire that was directly compared to LeBron.

Kobe won more, achieved more, was a more dominant scorer and playmaker. Hakeem was a phenomenal two way player, but his overall resume just doesn't stack up.

Besides Jordan Kobe is the only SG on the list. It's easy to say "I'd draft a centre over a SG". If we're talking about top 10 talent of all time than its pretty obvious you'd draft a centre or PG or PF over a SG unless you're Jordan. So Kobe has a disadvantage there. But after 08' no one really had Hakeem over Kobe. It's his down years after the Achilles injury and LeBron **** suckers on this forum that led Kobe to being so underrated.

I don't take any of this seriously, it's a joke really.
    It's LeBron fans mostly trying to underrate Kobe and overrate LeBron, exponentially.