Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Thumbs up Jordan, Magic and Bird Diss Lebron Decision. Say Kobe is the Best Player in the Game

Michael Jordan:
    "There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry, called up Magic and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after finishing tied for 22nd in the American Century Championship golf tournament in Stateline, Nev. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."
    "Kobe", Jordan, when asked at his basketball camp about who was the better player between Lebron James and Kobe Bryant in the game.
    Larry Bird:
    "I remember back in my days, I'd rather play against Earvin Johnson than play with him," he said. "I know he's a great player and you always want to play with the best but I just loved to compete against him. He's a guy I always compared myself to. I'd rather stay in Boston and let him stay in L.A. and just compete every year in the Finals. That's what made me a better player. It would've been too easy if we played together."
    [QUOTE]

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Jordan, Magic and Bird Diss Lebron Decision. Say Kobe is the Best Player in the Game

This is a new topic...

Default Re: Jordan, Magic and Bird Diss Lebron Decision. Say Kobe is the Best Player in the Game

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    This is a new topic...
    totally

High School Varsity 6th Man

Finally some different views. Most people choose the player with the best stats as being the best player. In my opinion, Lebron is not the best player. I saw him quit way too many games in that Celtics/Cavs series to give him such a title. It's good to know that the greatest players of all time look at things other than stats when determining who the best is, unlike the hordes of lebron jockeys on this board.

Yo, we were here first!

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by bagelred

Yo, we were here first!
    That picture doesn't at all look right lol. I don't think basketball, as a sport, would be anywhere as popular today if we didn't have those guys going at each other back in the days. Competition night in and night out. That was what basketball was all about to me. That was what made it exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by SEEBASS1234
    cat gifs = pwn

3-time NBA All-Star

Jordan played on losing teams until Pippen. Pippen was a top-10 player in the league for most of his career (probably top-5 in some), as well as probably a top-25 player all-time.

Bird played on the most stacked teams of the 80's, and alongside as many as FOUR other HOFers.

Magic played with Kareem, who is top-5 all-time, and Worthy who is certainly among the best ever (especially in the post-season.)

Barkley? Without talented teammates and no rings....just where does he rank all-time? He had no argument, since, his lack of rings diminished HIS career.

Kobe won as a sidekick to Shaq...then played several years on mediocre teams...and then won two rings with Gasol (and other quality players.)

Now, aside from a WAY past his prime Shaq...just who the hell has Lebron had?

Banned

thats some nice and high praise from bird

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    Jordan played on losing teams until Pippen. Pippen was a top-10 player in the league for most of his career (probably top-5 in some), as well as probably a top-25 player all-time.

Bird played on the most stacked teams of the 80's, and alongside as many as FOUR other HOFers.

Magic played with Kareem, who is top-5 all-time, and Worthy who is certainly among the best ever (especially in the post-season.)

Barkley? Without talented teammates and no rings....just where does he rank all-time? He had no argument, since, his lack of rings diminished HIS career.

Kobe won as a sidekick to Shaq...then played several years on mediocre teams...and then won two rings with Gasol (and other quality players.)

Now, aside from a WAY past his prime Shaq...just who the hell has Lebron had?
    I think most people are upset that he chose the easiest way out. Had he chosen Chicago or NY, these guys wouldn't question him. He chose the team that already had 2 superstar players in their primes.

Jordan, Magic and Bird never had the luxury of having 2 other superstar players in their primes. Sure, some of them were HOFers who were passed their primes, but that can't be included in the argument since Wade/Lebron/Bosh can't be elected into the HOF yet, but I don't think it'd be unreasonable to say that they will be there when its all said and done.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    thats some nice and high praise from bird
    I think Kobe has always been one of Larry's favorite players. Here's a more recent quote from Bird himself:

Both those quotes from Bird and Jordan regarding Kobe are 1-2 years old BTW (Bird's being a season or two ago, and Jordan's in 2008, at his camp).

Stop posting misinformation.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    Both those quotes from Bird and Jordan regarding Kobe are 1-2 years old BTW (Bird's being a season or two ago, and Jordan's in 2008, at his camp).

Stop posting misinformation.
    Jordan's quote was 2009. Magic's quote was in 2010. You stop posting misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Jordan's quote was 2009. Magic's quote was in 2010. You stop posting misinformation.
    The vid of Jordan saying 'Kobe was better' is from 2009, you're correct, I meant to say Bird. Bird's quote was from 2008. Stop providing 'links' as if they said it recently. That's misleading people Kobe stan. BTW, who said anything about Magic?