Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: The reason the heat affected Lebron more than any other player tonight

He has a long history of cramping.. wouldn't surprise me at all.. we've all suspected it for years.

Default Re: The reason the heat affected Lebron more than any other player tonight

The level of beta is directly correlated with dehydration and camping. It explains why he was the only person effected.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    It's most likely from using a diuretic - either as a masking agent, or because of fluid retention (especially from HGH.) A lot of diuretics cause potassium loss, and THAT will make you cramp up like a bitch. If he's already running on the low side with potassium, being on an unexpectedly hot floor would really make it worse, and make it hard to get the potassium level back up quickly.

There are potassium-sparing diuretics, like spironolactone, but those are the things they are looking for in piss tests, for obvious reasons. None of the undetectable (or less detectable) masking agents that I know of are potassium sparing. Also, HGH causes fluid retention. If you take a serious amount of it, it IS going to cause you to retain fluid, and you pretty much have to take a diuretic. And, once again, the potassium-sparing ones will get your ass busted in a piss test.

I'm not saying LeBron is juicing. I don't know. But if he is, it would sure make sense that he would be taking a diuretic, and would get shit-hammered from the abnormal fluid loss tonight. It might also explain why he seems to have recurring problems with cramps. If he's not juicing, he should probably have his kidneys checked.
    You're more knowledgeable than me pertaining to this subject, but do you think he takes potassium supplements mid-game? Shouldn't he, if he doesn't? I mean if he has a propensity to cramp (whether from other stuff he's taking, just his body type, etc.) wouldn't it make sense to boost potassium levels during most games? FWIW, Marcellus Wiley said this:
    I played w/a broken toe b4, but couldn't even stand up w/cramps. Lebron's at a disadvantage in heat because of his level of lean muscle mass
    Last edited by SwishSquared; 06-06-2014 at 02:12 PM.

Lol dunno about that but he is definitely prone to cramps... there was a game where he had like 40 points and his team up by 20+ or something and he had cramps on/off... its pretty random at times... i dont get it, but he is extremly cramp prone... its like he made a deal with the devil, where cramps are part of the deal :P

Local High School Star Skyscraper's Avatar

also, testosterone (specifically dihydrotestosterone) is a cause of a receding hairline

ever wonder why we have never seen lebron's father? (in order to get an idea about familial male pattern baldness)

Lebron's injury was legit but he's still a little bitch.

Asking to be carried when he was 5 feet from the bench? LOL WTF?!!?

Hop your sorry ass to the bench...you only had a cramp in ONE leg. Cramps don't hurt when you ain't doin shit on it. Not like he broke his leg.

Learning to shoot layups Diegio's Avatar

I guess he couldn't handle the 'HEAT'

Ok, forget what i just said.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Sure. Any other unlikely hypothetical you'd like him to stop doing?
    No at all. Very likely... and not just Lebron.

Good college starter Relinquish's Avatar

Maybe he's just got so little body fat that his body needs more water to function fully than others do.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyscraper
    also, testosterone (specifically dihydrotestosterone) is a cause of a receding hairline

ever wonder why we have never seen lebron's father? (in order to get an idea about familial male pattern baldness)

Male pattern baldness is from the mothers side..

Steroid use will accelerate it if you're prone to it. It doesn't cause it

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    It's most likely from using a diuretic - either as a masking agent, or because of fluid retention (especially from HGH.) A lot of diuretics cause potassium loss, and THAT will make you cramp up like a bitch. If he's already running on the low side with potassium, being on an unexpectedly hot floor would really make it worse, and make it hard to get the potassium level back up quickly.

There are potassium-sparing diuretics, like spironolactone, but those are the things they are looking for in piss tests, for obvious reasons. None of the undetectable (or less detectable) masking agents that I know of are potassium sparing. Also, HGH causes fluid retention. If you take a serious amount of it, it IS going to cause you to retain fluid, and you pretty much have to take a diuretic. And, once again, the potassium-sparing ones will get your ass busted in a piss test.

[COLOR="Red"]I'm not saying LeBron is juicing. I don't know. But if he is[/COLOR]
    Child please everyone knows he is doing it. diuretic's cause heat cramps and worse, heat strokes. Spurs should just keep the AC down. There was 15 other players that did just fine.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Why would they consider diuretics a form of juicing? And what benefit would lower blood pressure have for an athlete who already probably has a very low resting BP?

Diuretics constantly move urine therefore flushing the urine. The BP loss is hardly noticeable, the potassium is a bigger problem, ergo the cramping.

[COLOR=Teal]A is a 260 lb muscular athlete
    B is a 130 lb skinny athlete

scenario #1: it's 90 degrees outside, who's more likely to cramp up after 4 hours of bicycling?

scenario #2: both A and B suffer serious 3rd-degree burns in a house fire, who's less likely to succumb to his injuries?
    [/COLOR]

Local High School Star

So many Google doctors on here. If you're going to Google, at least list all of the ways to get cramps, instead of the one that fits your agenda.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    He has a long history of cramping.. wouldn't surprise me at all.. we've all suspected it for years.

Manny Pacquiao also has a history of cramping. Wouldn't surprise me at all.