Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default The reason the heat affected Lebron more than any other player tonight

It's most likely from using a diuretic - either as a masking agent, or because of fluid retention (especially from HGH.) A lot of diuretics cause potassium loss, and THAT will make you cramp up like a bitch. If he's already running on the low side with potassium, being on an unexpectedly hot floor would really make it worse, and make it hard to get the potassium level back up quickly.

There are potassium-sparing diuretics, like spironolactone, but those are the things they are looking for in piss tests, for obvious reasons. None of the undetectable (or less detectable) masking agents that I know of are potassium sparing. Also, HGH causes fluid retention. If you take a serious amount of it, it IS going to cause you to retain fluid, and you pretty much have to take a diuretic. And, once again, the potassium-sparing ones will get your ass busted in a piss test.

I'm not saying LeBron is juicing. I don't know. But if he is, it would sure make sense that he would be taking a diuretic, and would get shit-hammered from the abnormal fluid loss tonight. It might also explain why he seems to have recurring problems with cramps. If he's not juicing, he should probably have his kidneys checked.

Default Re: The reason the heat affected Lebron more than any other player tonight

I think its from too many indoor games. Hes not used to the heat.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: The reason the heat affected Lebron more than any other player tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    It's most likely from using a diuretic - either as a masking agent, or because of fluid retention (especially from HGH.) A lot of diuretics cause potassium loss, and THAT will make you cramp up like a bitch. If he's already running on the low side with potassium, being on an unexpectedly hot floor would really make it worse, and make it hard to get the potassium level back up quickly.

There are potassium-sparing diuretics, like spironolactone, but those are the things they are looking for in piss tests, for obvious reasons. None of the undetectable (or less detectable) masking agents that I know of are potassium sparing. Also, HGH causes fluid retention. If you take a serious amount of it, it IS going to cause you to retain fluid, and you pretty much have to take a diuretic. And, once again, the potassium-sparing ones will get your ass busted in a piss test.

I'm not saying LeBron is juicing. I don't know. But if he is, it would sure make sense that he would be taking a diuretic, and would get shit-hammered from the abnormal fluid loss tonight. It might also explain why he seems to have recurring problems with cramps. If he's not juicing, he should probably have his kidneys checked.
    Why would they consider diuretics a form of juicing? And what benefit would lower blood pressure have for an athlete who already probably has a very low resting BP?

Who knows. Everyone's body is different.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Why would they consider diuretics a form of juicing? And what benefit would lower blood pressure have for an athlete who already probably has a very low resting BP?
    Diuretics are products that help to eliminate fluid from the body. They cause a loss of water by partially paralyzing water reabsorption, i.e. the rate of urination is elevated. Powerful diuretics can increase the flow of urine to about 6 liters per day.

Diuretics include substances such as:
    acetazolamide, amiloride, bumetanide, canrenone, chlorthalidone, etacrynic acid, furosemide, indapamide, metolazone, spironolactone, triamterene and thiazides such as bendroflumethiazide, chlorothiazide, hydrochlorothiazide
    and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effects.

They are prohibited in and out of competition except for drosperinone which is legal. Diuretics and other masking agents are the fifth in frequency of use drug class by 6.7% of all adverse analytical findings worldwide. The most frequently used substances are furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide by about 30% of all diuretic occurrences.

Masking agents are compounds that are taken with the purpose of hiding or "masking" the presence of specific illegal drugs that are screened for doping testing. Masking agents have the potential to impair or conceal the banned substance in the urine. Diuretics can be regarded as "masking" agents due to the dilution of the urine, which results in lower levels of the banned substance being excreted from the body.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Who knows. Everyone's body is different.

especially juicers

Quote Originally Posted by tanner892
    especially juicers

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by tanner892
    especially juicers
    Basically. ESPN said Lebron has a history with cramps too.

Diuretics are products that help to eliminate fluid from the body. They cause a loss of water by partially paralyzing water reabsorption, i.e. the rate of urination is elevated. Powerful diuretics can increase the flow of urine to about 6 liters per day.

Diuretics include substances such as:
    acetazolamide, amiloride, bumetanide, canrenone, chlorthalidone, etacrynic acid, furosemide, indapamide, metolazone, spironolactone, triamterene and thiazides such as bendroflumethiazide, chlorothiazide, hydrochlorothiazide
    and other substances with a similar chemical structure or similar biological effects.

They are prohibited in and out of competition except for drosperinone which is legal. Diuretics and other masking agents are the fifth in frequency of use drug class by 6.7% of all adverse analytical findings worldwide. The most frequently used substances are furosemide and hydrochlorothiazide by about 30% of all diuretic occurrences.

Masking agents are compounds that are taken with the purpose of hiding or "masking" the presence of specific illegal drugs that are screened for doping testing. Masking agents have the potential to impair or conceal the banned substance in the urine. Diuretics can be regarded as "masking" agents due to the dilution of the urine, which results in lower levels of the banned substance being excreted from the body.
    I'm familiar with diuretics in general, but thanks for the explanation. I guess your point is that he's doping. Got it.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    I'm familiar with diuretics in general, but thanks for the explanation. I guess your point is that he's doping. Got it.
    Lebron should probably lay off the HGH for the time being. No need to risk another cramp with the inconsistent air conditioning systems they have in San Antonio's arena.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Is it even certain that the heat is the reason he cramped up?

Lebron should probably lay off the HGH for the time being. No need to risk another cramp with the inconsistent air conditioning systems they have in San Antonio's arena.
    Sure. Any other unlikely hypothetical you'd like him to stop doing?

Lebron has a history of cramping, unfortunately this time it was in a very important game 1 of the NBA Finals.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Is it even certain that the heat is the reason he cramped up?
    This is what it comes down to. If it's heat-related, then there's a possibility it's related to HGH masking agents. A random cramp is also within the realms of possibility. No way to know which though.