Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Default Re: Bill Burr on Conan

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    bill burr is an attack dog who gets off on saying the wrong thing at the right time as long as its like 50% honest... i think he shares the same basic pov as louis but his comedy is more geared toward calling people out than making observations about how people are. louis just doesn't have the same mean demeanor that burr puts on where you kinda believe he really does loathe everybody in the audiance. remember how bill hicks would openly call everybody in the club a retard? burr isn't quite on that level but he's not far behind
    Not really. But I can see how sensitive people(not saying you're one) can think he's an asshole. The type that get offended about everything... What I love about him is he calls people out for their hypocrisy and how robotic people are becoming. For example he'll make a point about how every one starts hysterical laughing about an incident where a girl puts his ex BF's pen!s in the blender and but he then makes a joke about something regarding women and everyone becomes silent because they don't want to be seen as a misogynist or w/e. That's when he calls the crowd retarded and rightfully so.. Okay to laugh at kids dying in sweatshops but get offended about a meaningless joke about a "sensitive" issue? Gimme a break..

Alot of his material is great. Straight up attacking bankers, Monsanto(calls them Tony Monsanto lol), gmo, politicans, corporations and basically everything that's ****ed up with society.

As for Luis CK he's extremely overrated. He just talks about *********ing to his ex and eating cake afterwards because he has no self esteem type of joke. Not really funny but I guess he's one of the "Corporate" comedians that are very PC. The most boring kind.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    bill burr is an attack dog who gets off on saying the wrong thing at the right time as long as its like 50% honest... i think he shares the same basic pov as louis but his comedy is more geared toward calling people out than making observations about how people are. louis just doesn't have the same mean demeanor that burr puts on where you kinda believe he really does loathe everybody in the audiance. remember how bill hicks would openly call everybody in the club a retard? burr isn't quite on that level but he's not far behind
    The way Burr put down that Philly crowd was the stuff of legend. Too lazy to link it but for anyone interested just type in "Bill Burr Philadelphia crowd" on YouTube.

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by knickballer
    Not really. But I can see how sensitive people(not saying you're one) can think he's an asshole. The type that get offended about everything... What I love about him is he calls people out for their hypocrisy and how robotic people are becoming. For example he'll make a point about how every one starts hysterical laughing about an incident where a girl puts his ex BF's pen!s in the blender and but he then makes a joke about something regarding women and everyone becomes silent because they don't want to be seen as a misogynist or w/e. That's when he calls the crowd retarded and rightfully so.. Okay to laugh at kids dying in sweatshops but get offended about a meaningless joke about a "sensitive" issue? Gimme a break..

Alot of his material is great. Straight up attacking bankers, Monsanto(calls them Tony Monsanto lol), gmo, politicans, corporations and basically everything that's ****ed up with society.
    yeah we agree. that's what i mean, he calls things out, sounds like a complete asshole while doing it, especially if you don't really know his act.... and then shrugs like larry david, "im only makin an observation bro". or "i dont give two shits what you think". best thing is he takes his criticism to every level. talks shit about organizations, other comedians, sexes and races and every brand of identity politics in the book, all kinds of people rich and poor smart and dumb famous and forgettable, trends in the culture, movements and big business campaigns and the like. really anything that remotely annoys him.

but mostly i like him because he ends just about every bit with this attitude that's always honest but in the end gives the benefit of the doubt. like he says steve jobs is a egomaniacal fraud but then he's like, hey ya wear skintight black outfits and convince everybody your the scientist behind all these phones, by all means collect the royalties man.

he's happy to group people together which is important for comedy. stereotypes are nonsense but burr uses them really well. damn good comedian.

As for Luis CK he's extremely overrated. He just talks about *********ing to his ex and eating cake afterwards because he has no self esteem type of joke. Not really funny but I guess he's one of the "Corporate" comedians that are very PC. The most boring kind.
    oooh you're way off on louis man. you should give him more of a chance if you think that's the extent of his range. you're describing jim gaffigan right now and gaffigan is an awesome one-dimensional comedian and he shares similarities with louis for sure. but louis is.. so much more.

louis is definitely more into white hetero american guilt though. so politically i can definitely see how some people might be turned off. and i'm not necessarily talking about you lol just to return that favour
    Last edited by RidonKs; 09-02-2015 at 09:33 PM.

If you listen to both of them, Bill and Louis has very similar material and style of approaching a subject where Louis is more polished while Bill is more raw. At that point it's just preference, some people like it rawer. I'd say Bill is Louis delivering in a slightly Carlos Mencia way but that's gonna be seen as an insult when it's really not.

Louis CK fans are just the fcking worst comedy fans.

There's always that moment where comedy nerds gon tell us about the maintream bill burr and how he doesn't stack up to Louis CK

Louis is beyond overrated at this point. He's just the canary in the coal mine for people who think they're funny and don't know shit about comedy. Not that everyone who likes him is under that, but when casual comedy fans need a favorite comedian to feel good about themselves it's that depressed dork Louie without a question.

Burr is better than Louie and is in the new era MT Rushmore after the chappelle/Pryor/Carlin/Eddie murph along with Patrice, Bernie Mac and prob Stanhope. His past 3 specials sht ob Louie's. Period. I'm not arguing it. They've been funnier. CK is a better craftsman and a better performer, but Burr is just way fcking funnier/realer, way more versatile and he doesn't end up fcking goin to the "My kids...they're...they're assholes....and I am soooo white" for alot of his sht

If you a real nikka an avid listener of billy burrs podcasts you'd know how clever his rants are and most them shts are off the dome freestyles that sht on planned acts/specials of most comedians out there