Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default People who protest

Do you not have a job? I get on the weekends, but... its a Tuesday.

Banned

Default Re: People who protest

The unemployment in US of A is at 5.5 % meaning about 16 million citizens in the United States of America are unemployed. That is not accounting the illegals and others. Thereafter you have students, people with part time work, night workers, people that doesn't work on a Tuesday but maybe Wednesday to Sunday and elderly.

See UK2K, not every man or women ahve the same schedule as you. Believe it or not. But even if it was only the unemplyed, 16 million would be able to fill the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaodollo
    The unemployment in US of A is at 5.5 % meaning about 16 million citizens in the United States of America are unemployed. That is not accounting the illegals and others. Thereafter you have students, people with part time work, night workers, people that doesn't work on a Tuesday but maybe Wednesday to Sunday and elderly.

See UK2K, not every man or women ahve the same schedule as you. Believe it or not. But even if it was only the unemplyed, 16 million would be able to fill the streets.
    So, yes, they dont have a job?

That's all I wanted to know. Trying to figure out how people stand around for days at a time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    So, yes, they dont have a job?

That's all I wanted to know. Trying to figure out how people stand around for days at a time.
    Well I couldn't answer you that. Want me to go take a survey?

But I did give you a couple of plausible scenarios as to why people could go protest on a Tuesday.

Well I couldn't answer you that. Want me to go take a survey?

But I did give you a couple of plausible scenarios as to why people could go protest on a Tuesday.
    No, I'm with you.

When you break it down like that, it makes sense.

I just saw several protests going on today, and wondered. Obviously night shift people aren't going to be there (sleep during the day, I did it for two years), or students (they have class, I've done that for three years), or the elderly, but unemployed people, I get.

Banned

[QUOTE=UK2K]No, I'm with you.

When you break it down like that, it makes sense.

I just saw several protests going on today, and wondered.
    Obviously night shift people aren't going to be there (sleep during the day, I did it for two years)
    They still have a handful hours of freedom during the day just like dayshift workers have during the evening/night..

, or students (they have class, I've done that for three years)
    When I studied architecture I had classes three times a week. I don't think any student is in a class for the whole day.
    , or the elderly,
    Why wouldn't elderly people be able to protest?

Of course they don't have jobs. That's why they're out protesting and blaming others for their misfortune.

rank sentamentalist

the elderly constitute the most vocal political demographic practically anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    Of course they don't have jobs. That's why they're out protesting and blaming others for their misfortune.
    Hired protesters with the Black Lives Matter movement have started a #CutTheCheck hashtag and held a sit-in at the offices for the successor group to the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN) in Missouri after the group allegedly stopped paying them.

FrontPage Magazine reports that Missourians Organizing for Reform and Empowerment (MORE) has been paying protesters $5,000 a month to demonstrate in Ferguson. Last week, hired protesters who haven’t been paid held a sit-in at MORE’s offices and posted a demand letter online.
    For some, protesting is a job.

They do have jobs. They aren't "protesting" for free. How do you think the same "activists" are at all the "protests" in every city?

The unemployment in US of A is at 5.5 % meaning about 16 million citizens in the United States of America are unemployed.
    That is not what 5.5% unemployment means. Your numbers are for 5.5 % of the total population.

The official unemployment is the U-3 number which is defined as U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force (official unemployment rate)

So it's not counting the total population. Everyone under 16 doesn't count. Everyone retired doesn't count. If you're in jail or active duty military, you don't count. The civilian labor force is currently 157,106,000 and U3 is 5.3% So that's about 8 million. However, if you add in the folks "marginally attached to the work force it's closer to your figure.

I wonder the same thing about people who post right wing talking points all day on basketball message boards.

Lol, guess I wasn't far too far off; just last week:

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    Lol, guess I wasn't far too far off; just last week:

Im a friendly guy. What can I say?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    That is not what 5.5% unemployment means. Your numbers are for 5.5 % of the total population.

The official unemployment is the U-3 number which is defined as U-3 Total unemployed, as a percent of the civilian labor force (official unemployment rate)

So it's not counting the total population. Everyone under 16 doesn't count. Everyone retired doesn't count. If you're in jail or active duty military, you don't count. The civilian labor force is currently 157,106,000 and U3 is 5.3% So that's about 8 million. However, if you add in the folks "marginally attached to the work force it's closer to your figure.
    Yeah right forgot to think about that.