Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Default Re: Homeland

Quinn is bad ass

This show is getting interesting again...Quinn is badass. More Quinn and Saul.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    fvckin dar adal!!

wtf that was crazy
    I agree. Insane cliffhanger

Quote Originally Posted by jaydacris
    Im sure him being in the car has something to do with the secret stuff that is happening behind Lockhart's back

Haqqani a CIA asset this whole time perhaps, thats why Dar the main blackops/covert guy in the car with him? hmmm....
    I disagree.

I think this means that Dar Adal flipped. Even if Haqqani was previously a CIA asset, you wouldn't be seen with him after he attacked the embassy, you'd been burning your files. This is more than protecting an asset.........however, I bet they will say they worked together years ago and through that relationship Haqqani turned Adal.

So Adal is Arab? That's what's up with that odd name? Have we known this before? Perhaps I was thinking of the actor, but it's hard for me not to think of him as Jewish.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    This show is getting interesting again...Quinn is badass. More Quinn and Saul.
    I liked the bit about Quinn always talks about leaving the CIA, but he is never going to do it. Also I didn't know that plastic explosives smelled like almonds.

shit just got real

3-time NBA All-Star

Homeland had a great bounce back season after a terrible last season. But man, that was one of the worst season finales I've ever seen.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Homeland had a great bounce back season after a terrible last season. But man, that was one of the worst season finales I've ever seen.
    Agreed. Episode 11 should have been the season finale. That was boring as ****

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Agreed. Episode 11 should have been the season finale. That was boring as ****
    I don't know what the writers were thinking. But did they really think at this moment that we really gave a shit about Carries mom? I didn't even notice she wasn't around, and I'm assuming many others felt the same. It wasn't even this big mystery that had been building up beforehand.

Was a building block obviously, bad time to use an episode though

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

I don't know what the writers were thinking. But did they really think at this moment that we really gave a shit about Carries mom? I didn't even notice she wasn't around, and I'm assuming many others felt the same. It wasn't even this big mystery that had been building up beforehand.
    Agreed. Honestly, it could have been the opener for season 2, and episode 11 could have been the finale. That ending with Dar Adal riding with Haqqani would have been a great season finale scene.

I think season finales should be where action really goes down. I still thought it was a good episode, although a bit boring... just not a good ep to use as a season finale

Seriously. What the shit was that... no scene at all with Khan and Carrie after he stops her from shooting Haqqani? So Khan is just completely out of the picture now...? No Pakistan scenes at all??

Huge letdown from what has been a really good season.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I was more confused than disappointed. But a lot of the same feelings. Everyone comes home and has drinks I guess. Setting up the mother is just weird at this stage. Sort of the way they just dropped the story of the big asset they turned last year, it almost feels like they were beginning to just drop Haqani, although I'm sure they won't, it just felt that way.

It was still a great season. It just was an example of how this show does so well with the high tension stuff, and then when it takes it's breath like this, it just doesn't always work well.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Agreed. Honestly, it could have been the opener for season 2, and episode 11 could have been the finale. That ending with Dar Adal riding with Haqqani would have been a great season finale scene.

I think season finales should be where action really goes down. I still thought it was a good episode, although a bit boring... just not a good ep to use as a season finale
    Makes such little sense. There was absolutely no buildup to "where's Carrie's mom?" This storyline came out of absolutely nowhere. It would be one thing if this was some kind of mystery. Other recent shows like Breaking Bad, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy have actually done some buildup of some mysterious past for its characters that made viewers interested. I figured maybe Carrie's mom died a while ago. Just bad.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

To be fair to the Carrie's mother line, it's definitely possible that they threw it together after the actor who played her father died. They may have had more shit lined up for him, and then had to create something to maintain the civilian drama, and to maintain the general story arc that had already considered.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    To be fair to the Carrie's mother line, it's definitely possible that they threw it together after the actor who played her father died. They may have had more shit lined up for him, and then had to create something to maintain the civilian drama, and to maintain the general story arc that had already considered.
    Damn. Didn't realize he really died.

With that said, why did they have basically a whole episode based on civilian drama?