Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TMAC workout

Saw a basketball once donjuandemarco's Avatar

Default TMAC workout

Sorry if its been posted already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwmbHAc2SdI

I don't get picked last at the park anymore HoustonRockets87's Avatar

his form on everything looks awful. no wonder he has back problems...

I usually hit open layups junwin's Avatar

hmmmmm, did u ever think that maybe his form looks terrible BECAUSE of his bak problems??

and u would definately know more than his proffesional trainer too, so i guess you're right
    Last edited by junwin; 06-06-2006 at 03:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by junwin
    hmmmmm, did u ever think that maybe his form looks terrible BECAUSE of his bak problems??

and u would definately know more than his proffesional trainer too, so i guess you're right
    it was just an observation. i wasnt saying i was definetly right. just looks weird. ive never herad of a pro trainer to bounce the bar off his chest extremely hard. i doubt that that could be great for your back. but maybe im wrong.

Saw a basketball once

Tracy McGrady possesses a magic-like talent, spellbinding the masses like a wizard with his crystal ball (the rock) in hand, slaying dragons, Kings and Warriors above the rim.

It's a damn shame he's plagued with a rollercoaster injury. He's cocky, but when his game is on, no one in the league can stop him.

every expert ive read from or talked to always states not to bounce the bar off your chest.

Bouncing the weight off the chest - always lower the weight under complete control. Allow it to touch your chest then push off. Do not let it rest on your chest and do not bounce the bar off. This can not only damage your rib cage but also reduces the effectiveness of the exercise.
    Please do not bounce the weight off your sternum this can cause serious injury.
    Be careful not to bounce the bar on your chest as you lower it during bench press exercises. Doing so can lead to traumatic chest injuries.
    Lightly touch the weight to your chest. DO NOT bounce the weight off your chest! This can cause injury in the form of cracked ribs or even snapping the tip of the sternum (a little bony protrusion known as the Xiphoid Process). It also diffuses the tension you've built up in the pectorals, reducing the effectiveness of the exercise for building strength and muscle mass.

Default re

You were doing some serious research

Quote Originally Posted by donjuandemarco
    You were doing some serious research
    not really it was very easy since so many places say that you shouldnt bounce the bar off your chest. i just went to google and typed in bench press bounce injury and all that came up.

Default re

You make a good point though. I don't know about the jumping exercise with the bands, or that ab exercise with the machine, they seem to really put alot of stress on the lower back.

Serious playground baller Juvenile's Avatar

Tmac doesnt have his back straight on most exercises either. Weird

Saw a basketball once

Do not let it rest on your chest and do not bounce the bar off. This can not only damage your rib cage but also reduces the effectiveness of the exercise.
    This statement is 100% truth. If you "bounce" the bar off your chest just as it explains - you're using the momentum from the decline, and it roughly decreases the effectiveness of your incline by about 50% per rep.

Also, I see guys go to the gym just about every single day to lift. You should only lift about 3 days a week. If you lift just about every single day, you'll get little results. Alternate, upper-body day 1, lower-body day 2, etc. Most guys who workout do it primarily for cosmetic purposes, and therefore focus more on their upper-body vs lower-body.

Superstar

this should shut up those ppl who call him lazy

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Aussie Outcast's Avatar

Hes doing weights like every single other NBA player. When people say lazy they mean lazy in comparison. Of course he works out more than us.

Saw a basketball once

His form wasnt that good when he was doing his barbell curls. His form on those are definitly not good for his back. What he should do is obviously take a lighter weight and stand against a wall and then do the curls. This will keep his back straight at all times.

Bucks fan

I have really bad posture. I guess you could say I'm like a short white TMac, but without the basketball skills.