Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 76ers Future Nucleus

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Mudiay seems to be more effective as a big PG type but I think it'd be cool to essentially run a two PG line-up with two big guards.
    The Sixers already have a big PG other than MCW, its Vacilije Micic. He's our 2nd round draft pick from Serbia. In one year, he can come over.

He's 6'6, and they call him the "maestro". Don't know if it was Rich Hoffman who coined that. He's got a lot of vision, and runs a great P n R game. He has to improve his shooting though.

2 big guards in the lineup? Why not, except for that shooting though.

ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

Yeah I was really excited about the possibility of us signing Bradley, but I guess it's not part of Hinkie's big picture plan. I think we'll be best off with a 3 and D type; it seems we'll be able to generate enough offense without needing a high-volume SG but could use some 3 point shooting

I'm not against Mudiay especially if MCW doesn't impress me this season. He was ROY but I need to see static improvement this season from him. And it starts with shooting not just from 3. Rehabbing shoulder makes me wonder what kind of work he is doing this summer.

Mudiay is explosive. Has a Westbrook feel to his game.

Promising future. The only possible problem outside of health, obviously, is can the big men play together? We won't know until next year, but hopefully they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I figure Embiid would be C and Noel PF (no weight to bang).

Nice young core with flexibility and options to improve.
    Well, PFs and Cs can be inter changed today depending on the match ups, but offensively, Embiid can play further from the post, I think, because of his versatility and ability to shoot.

You never know though. I saw Noel do a face up drive the other day in the OSL. So we'll see.

ISH's 1st Embiid Stan AboutBuckets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Well, PFs and Cs can be inter changed today depending on the match ups, but offensively, Embiid can play further from the post, I think, because of his versatility and ability to shoot.

You never know though. I saw Noel do a face up drive the other day in the OSL. So we'll see.
    Noel's offense is still absurdly raw, he'll need to work on his ball handling and his shot still if he wants to be able to play the 4. His free throw shooting was a plus though, which if nothing else is indication that the potential for a decent jumper is there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom84
    Yep, he actually did and I'm pretty sure that is what Embiid is going to do after he recover from the foot injury. I don't think he is playing next season so he has plenty of time to bulk up and develop his game.

http://www.nj.com/sixers/index.ssf/2...s_healthy.html
    That move

I'll be totally surprised if Noel and Embiid can play together on the floor at the same time. 80% of Embiid's shots at Kansas were 8 feet or closer to the basket. I'm not saying he can't develop a nice jumper, but I'd be surprised if long-term one is playing center and the other power forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I'll be totally surprised if Noel and Embiid can play together on the floor at the same time. 80% of Embiid's shots at Kansas were 8 feet or closer to the basket. I'm not saying he can't develop a nice jumper, but I'd be surprised if long-term one is playing center and the other power forward.
    That'd be like me saying I don't think Wiggins will ever be a shot creator because he struggled off the dribble at Kansas. Young player develop new skills. I really do think that the Embiid/Noel experiment is going to work and it's going to work well. I think people are underestimating Embiid's passing ability and how that will be vital to a pairing with Noel.

I think it's possible. Look at Duncan/Splitter or Gasol/Randolph..But I see your point too about spreading the floor..

Not airballing my layups anymore

why the hell would you have embid playing pf and noel playing center.....switch them around.

Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Andre Drummond and Greg Monroe.
    That didn't' work out very well considering their lack of success last season, but that was a slightly different situation because they were playing Smith alongside those two players. Basically all their forwards played 15 feet or close to the basket, and Smith thought he could shoot threes and he can't.

With the doldrums of the NBA season upon us, daydreaming about the possibilities of an Embiid/Noel/Saric/Hezonja/MCW with KJ as 6th man. That’s going to be frightening. I like it.

All we need is a good backup PG (Micic?) and a bench shooter (Hollis) and a good backup big who can play D and rebound and finish at the rim (Sims? Grant? RonRob? Anthony Bennet?) and that there’s a mighty dangerous basketball team come 2017-18 that is.

http://www.libertyballers.com/2014/8...hezonja-sixers

Here's an excerpt on Mario Hezonja, a 2015 76ers Draft prospect:

Playing his first full season at the top level of the ACB, Hezonja, while limited to only 12.2 minutes per game, showcased many of the skills that make him so tantalizing as a prospect. Standing 6'8", with a frame that looks like it could fill out down the line, to go with an incredible first step and leaping ability, Hezonja has a great physical profile for an NBA wing prospect.
    Last edited by Dr.J4ever; 08-17-2014 at 10:29 AM.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Forget about Saric playing at SF he's a PF and will only get slower by gaining weight.