Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe and Howard apparently got into a "heated exchange"

LeaderBe

I rule the local playground

Yeah, the problem is that Kobe's an aging chucker alpha and has trouble converting to a new Yoda self capable of teaching the corny Padawan. Instead he uses his agressive feelings and lets the hatred flow through him. And vents on Twitter. Soon yo'ull see the #darkside posts coming, then you know what's up!

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    D'Antoni wants his players to run up and down the court. Lopez has stress problems in his foot and is the slowest human being in the world. I 100% disagree with your assessment of Lopez being a D'Antoni type of player. Note: D'Antoni wants Gasol gone. He doesn't want him on the team much less in the post. (Note: I LOVE Lopez game this year, but it fits on the Nets well, not on the Lakers at all.)

D'Antoni wants Gasol gone, and in his place wants shooters, players who can space the floor, and get down the court and into the offense quickly. You want to send him Lopez, Evans and Brooks (i love Brooks game but he's not a spot up guy). It doesn't make any sense.
    You got it wrong dude.. Lopez is actually very good at running the court. He has long strides and covers ground quick. He's not slow at all in that regard.. Always hustle up and down well, and better than Gasol and Howard have this year. Where lopez is 'slow' is with his reflexes and quickness out of the triple threat or any stand still position. He doesn't explode at all. Running up and down the court hough? He's got that pretty good.

He's better on offense than Dwight and there would be zero controversy over touches. Would work perfectly off of the others work. And Marshon Brooks would be the best playmakers, ballhandler, and offensive talent on this Laker team other than Nash and kobe. He would make their bench ten times better.

it was really uncomfortable watching kobe trying to win the game last night, but really what other choice did the lakers have? kobe and dwight both need to put their big boy pants on and get their sh!t together asap. kobe needs to be the bigger man and approach dwight because we sure as hell know dwight isn't going to.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Just because this happened a couple weeks ago and it got released today it doesn't mean it can't be true. There's things that happened that never get released, there's things that happened that take years for them to get leaked. It also doesn't mean that it is true either. But I'm willing to bet that it is real. Kobe's always had teammates issues, has always been hard to get along with. And Howard is a lil btch himself.

Howard's downfall would have nothing to do with being exposed as a basketball player...it would be this passive-aggressive crap. I'm not saying there will be a downfall, but if there was that would be it. And I'm not talking about this exchange but about this "We have to play together" crap. You're still injured. Get healthy. Be quiet.

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    Howard's downfall would have nothing to do with being exposed as a basketball player...it would be this passive-aggressive crap. I'm not saying there will be a downfall, but if there was that would be it. And I'm not talking about this exchange but about this "We have to play together" crap. You're still injured. Get healthy. Be quiet.
    One of the most un-manly things to do IMO is be passive-aggressive.

To me that is a dead ringer of an indicator of a female like tendency and personality.

3-time NBA All-Star

Dirk for Dwight or Deron/Lopez for Dwight/Nash makes sense.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    One of the most un-manly things to do IMO is be passive-aggressive.

To me that is a dead ringer of an indicator of a female like tendency and personality.
    when dwight howard put his arm around SVG after privately asking the GM for stan to be fired... that told me all I needed to know about that guy.

Dwight likes to talk about trust but how can someone trust a duplicitous passive aggressive guy like him is beyond me.

7-time NBA All-Star

As many problems as Kobe had with Shaq's leadership and work ethic at times, I think he respected him a hell of a lot more than Dwight. Not only do I think it's clear he respected his ability and level of play a lot more than Howard for obvious reasons, but as different as they were, I think their anger was pretty similar. As big as Howard is, I could see Kobe hitting him if he got pissed off enough, just like he did to Samaki Walker. I could never see him doing that with Shaq.

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    when dwight howard put his arm around SVG after privately asking the GM for stan to be fired... that told me all I needed to know about that guy.

Dwight likes to talk about trust but how can someone trust a duplicitous passive aggressive guy like him is beyond me.
    Yeah, that was a terrible moment. I didn't think Stan handled it as well as he could have, though because making it public put the team in a worse situation. I did sympathize with Stan, though because I think he was a fine coach and he had always been good to Howard and built a successful team around Dwight's strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I understand Howard is frustrated since he found out he is not Superman anymore and he may never be the same dominant defensive monster, but venting this frustration to the media isn't going to improve team chemistry.

The Lakers are struggling enough, no need to create more drama.

Howard has no filter when it comes to the media though so we can expect more shit like this.

Local High School Star joshwake's Avatar

more proof that Kobe is just a horrible leader.

Dwight's mouth piece says it's BS.

Stefan Bondy of the New York Daily News reports sources indicate that Dwight Howard had to be restrained from going after Kobe Bryant following a loss by the Los Angeles Lakers to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Bryant reportedly agreed with criticisms of Howard from Shaquille O'Neal that he is soft.

Sources tell RealGM that the incident categorically did not happen.

Sources also tell ESPN's Ramona Shelburne that there was no such incident.
    http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...en_Kobe_Dwight

Miami Thrice = Dynasty FlashDwyaneWade3's Avatar

How would the NYDaily would know about things inside the Lakers' locker room?

Yeah, no. Just go on his tweeter. Kobe's.