Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: The Lakers should trade Kobe now

Bryant strikes me as the type of player who would get traded and somehow end up with Bosh or Dirk on his team and ultimately prevent the Lakers from winning another championship for the duration of his career.

People have created these "Trade Kobe" topics before... and it's always amusing when they somehow get to 8 pages...

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beermonsteroo
    Really, at this point of time, the Lakers should really considring trading Kobe.
    Kobe is clearly on the decline and nobody knows for sure how long he can keep playing on a very high level. It wouldn't come as a suprise if Kobe is more or less done in one or two years. That's not hating, it happens to every player and considering the minutes Kobe has already played, it will happen to Kobe sooner or later too.
    So if things are going bad for the Lakers they will have to pay a max contract for the next 6 years without really benifiting of him on the court.
    So why not use the Kobe hype as long as it exists and trade him now. They certainly could get some very decent players and draftpicks in return.
    You know, it's just like on Wall Street. You have to sell your shares when they are worth the most. Not when they are going down.
    Over the course of the next 7 years the Lakers will be better off if they trade Kobe now. At least there is a very high change for this.
    prophet??

Trading Kobe would actually improve the team. No joke. Team would be more balanced and more eager on defense, chemistry would be better and the team would play for each other.

Now I don't think Kobe is a bad player or that he doesn't have worth, no. He would work in a team where there are only 2 main offensive options him and another and the rest role players, plus a centre who anchors the defense, where he can just focus on scoring and that's it. Right now there's a system and players that don't mesh with Kobe, clearly evidenced in the team's struggles.
    Last edited by poido123; 01-07-2013 at 07:35 AM.

Kobe will retire a laker, get over it fakkits!

Decent college freshman Doctor Rivers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JerryWest
    get over it fakkits!
    nice

Local High School Star Pinkhearts's Avatar

Kobe for Wade

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkhearts
    Kobe for Wade
    Even though I think Kobe is the better player, Wade has more willingness to mesh within a system and the Laker team would be better because of it. I don't see Wade jacking up shots and killing team chemistry like what is happening right now.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Even though I think Kobe is the better player, Wade has more willingness to mesh within a system and the Laker team would be better because of it. I don't see Wade jacking up shots and killing team chemistry like what is happening right now.
    Yeah he's such an offensive detriment that he's only leading them to the 6th best offense in the league, with Nash out most of the year and Pau/Dwight not playing themselves.

Its not like the Lakers do not want to trade an old washedup Kobe, he has no-trade-clause which makes it impossible to move him.