Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My thoughts on WWE after having not watched since the Attitude Era

I haven't watched wrestling since I was a kid, but I just got back into it a few weeks ago. It is weird to say, but I am really looking forward to Raw tonight. haha

For the long time fans, I have this question. Why the hell is Brock Lesnar not showing up at literally any event? I understand that he doesn't like the travel, and he is not a full time wrestler. But you can't just skip house shows and at least do Raw? Can't even come out and cut one promo in a month, while you are the champion? Good lord.

And further, why does the WWE allow it? Is it some throwback to the days of territorial wrestling? Do they like the idea of keeping the world title out of the storyline picture at times? Or are they just doing basically whatever Brock Lesnar wants?

This Big Show feud is confusing/terrible, and I have no idea what they are thinking. First of all, Big Show is just bad on the mic. It is awkward and uncomfortable when he talks. He should never be cutting long promos like he did last week.

Secondly, Rusev basically got a clean win over Show last week. Mark Henry interrupted. Why are they continuing to drag this thing out? Right then and there, it should have turned into a Mark Henry-Big Show feud. ''Why did you interfere, you cost me my match!'' Instead, they double team Rusev and the crowd is meant to cheer for their cowardice? That is what America means to them, double teaming one guy after he fairly whooped your ass moments before?

If they eventually have Rusev lay down for Big Show, I will be upset. I liked that he was set up as actually winning that feud.

Dean Ambrose has serious charisma. His wrestling is average or above average, but he definitely belongs in the top.

Seth Rollins, man, loving him as a heel. Those power bombs into the turn buckle, the creepy smiles, the running away, the vicious curb stomps.

John Cena, who I never liked from a distance, is actually not that bad. I like that his character is sort of defined. He is not a dirty person, is not overly aggressive or crazy, but he is still confident and thinks he is the best. He has morals and standards. It is an interesting throwback, seems a lot like a Golden Era character. Bret Hart or something.

I like the lack of chair shots or head slams. Watching old Attitude Era stuff can be so cringe worthy. But when they busted out that chair last week, I was like oh shit! It is going down! Do they ever take head shots though? Would be nice every once in a while.

I am confused about this Kane character. Does he have any viciousness or sickening nature anymore, or is he strictly business? How do you go from Kane, the guy who was burned as a child and filled with inner torment, to Corporate Kane? I know guys switch gimmicks, but that is a pretty drastic switch.

Does Vince McMahon appear as a character anymore? How about Stone Cold?

ANYWAYS, long winded as hell, but I have been enjoying these last few weeks of watching the show.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: My thoughts on WWE after having not watched since the Attitude Era

INB4 wrestling is a gay and not real.

This is one of the wrestlers featured on the wwe website.

Im ashamed to admit that I watch the product https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNoFatVNqOQ

Bunny Splash! Bunny Splash!! Bunny Splash!!!
    Last edited by Im so nba'd out; 10-20-2014 at 11:38 AM.

NBA lottery pick

Wrestling is a gay and not real.

Probably because of health condition that forces him to quit MMA, Lesnar has been wrestling part-time. His name is big enough to do so though.

WWE is trying to push Rusev. Big Show is just another prey.

Ambrose is like more athletic Roddy Piper, and may reach Stone Cold Steve Austin level soon.

Rollins is like a high flying version of Mr. Perfect.

It's sad that you will never see Cena turning heel (except him doing literally) in the current circumstance any time soon.

Kane has been in this business long enough that a lot of people have now known Glenn Jacobs the politic enthusiast already. Putting him in more real life gimmick shouldn't be much problems.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Lesnar gets paid by the appearance. WWE took a hit with the network and probly trying to save a little scratch.

I wish they'd book more stuff like the way you described show-henry. Hate the way every RAW is contained to that show without setting up next week's raw. I've got no reason to watch the entire show or even half. Don't need to know what happened. Feud has gone from beginning to end in 2 segments and it's done.

Banned

The bunny is more over then that shit failure Adam Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    This is one of the wrestlers featured on the wwe website.

Im ashamed to admit that I watch the product https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RNoFatVNqOQ

Bunny Splash! Bunny Splash!! Bunny Splash!!!
    Could you get rid of that picture, because it is stretching the page! And I have never seen that bunny on the show yet, but that is pretty funny. Is it actually involved in any storylines?

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Could you get rid of that picture, because it is stretching the page! And I have never seen that bunny on the show yet, but that is pretty funny. Is it actually involved in any storylines?
    just wait til around 9pm est and go on twitter #bunnymania will be a trending topic yes the bunny is having a fued with a midget in a gator costume

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Probably because of health condition that forces him to quit MMA, Lesnar has been wrestling part-time. His name is big enough to do so though.

WWE is trying to push Rusev. Big Show is just another prey.

Ambrose is like more athletic Roddy Piper, and may reach Stone Cold Steve Austin level soon.

Rollins is like a high flying version of Mr. Perfect.

It's sad that you will never see Cena turning heel (except him doing literally) in the current circumstance any time soon.

Kane has been in this business long enough that a lot of people have now known Glenn Jacobs the politic enthusiast already. Putting him in more real life gimmick shouldn't be much problems.
    I knew Kane was into politics too, because he was on a few talk shows that I used to listen to. I dont mind the new gimmick, but it would be cool if it was like a continuation of the old gimmick. Like, yeah, he is corporate Kane now, but those demons of his past still linger. And sometimes when he gets really mad, he can turn into a complete animal. haha. It would be weird to just disregard the fact that his narrative says he was burned as a kid by his little brother, and then wore a mask for 15 years and never talked. How do you disregard that?

I did not know that Big Show is just another prey to Rusev. Interesting. I like Rusev in the ring, he has a meanness and he is just big as hell. Did not seem at all unbelievable for him to manhandle Show like that. He should get into the main event storyline and let Big Show-Mark Henry feud.

He comes out attacking Ambrose, Cena, Rollins, etc. ''I am sick of taking second place to these weak Americans. Why am I fighting inferior opponents while they get all the main events? I can beat any of them any time. Go Russia.''
    Last edited by joe; 10-20-2014 at 11:44 AM.

just wait til around 9pm est and go on twitter #bunnymania will be a trending topic yes the bunny is having a fued with a midget in a gator costume
    I have been skipping through things with DVR, but I am shocked that I never noticed that bunny as it was fast forwarding. Not interested in the womans matches or a lot of the lower tier stuff. I like to watch the main event storylines more than anything, or the Intercontinental second tier guys. (I know it isn't called the intercontinental title anymore, but I forget what it is called.)

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    I knew Kane was into politics too, because he was on a few talk shows that I used to listen to. I dont mind the new gimmick, but it would be cool if it was like a continuation of the old gimmick. Like, yeah, he is corporate Kane now, but those demons of his past still linger. And sometimes when he gets really mad, he can turn into a complete animal. haha. It would be weird to just disregard the fact that his narrative says he was burned as a kid by his little brother, and then wore a mask for 15 years and never talked. How do you disregard that?
    WWE has ret-conned it at the time of his first unmask as that it was the burn in his mind.

I did not know that Big Show is just another prey to Rusev. Interesting. I like Rusev in the ring, he has a meanness and he is just big as hell. Did not seem at all unbelievable for him to manhandle Show like that. He should get into the main event storyline and let Big Show-Mark Henry feud.

He comes out attacking Ambrose, Cena, Rollins, etc. ''I am sick of taking second place to these weak Americans. Why am I fighting inferior opponents while they get all the main events? I can beat any of them any time. Go Russia.''
    Rusev-Lana has got very good heel heat that actually making news outside pro wrestling ones. Rusev is played as a strong man from Eastern Europe who also has martial art skills. That's a plus from just big guys like Show and Henry.

And yes, if it is going this way, Cena, Ambrose and other bigger face names are next. The storyline might though shift to be more personal.

Bunny idea isn't new (Blue Blazer, Suicide, Tiger Masks, Black Tigers, etc.) but at least it saves Adam Rose's WWE career. He was pulled out of the main show for a while after his relatively short debut period.

Bunny is hilarious. Y'all need to lighten up. Saw that shit while channel surfing and dude seems hilarious and has hops.

Damn, I must be old..I watched it back when jake the snake ,rick rude,midnite express , 4 horsemen , fabolous free birds were in their hey day..all those names in OP I didn't recognize