Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Jeff Van Gundy ruined Vassilis Spanoulis' career.

Quote Originally Posted by dgaras
    He's trolling. Or have you not seen their little troll jerk off thread?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Check this thread out http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=316678

Euroleague has been EXPOSED. He's been trolling on different forums for 10+ years

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He's trolling. Or have you not seen their little troll jerk off thread?
    How am I trolling? You said Rudy Fernandez and V-Span were gonna be the next Manu and Parker

You've been trolling since 2003, Ming_7_6

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    If he had gone to a different situation I believe he would have fit in far better and had a solid NBA career but you can't blame a coach like that. V-span had numerous opportunities to prove his talent but he chose to sulk and argue with the coaching staff instead. From what I have heard he went into it expecting big minutes (rightly or wrongly) and was upset when he didn't get the role he was used to in Europe. If he had of stuck with it and had a positive attitude he could of worked through it and risen to a role that suited him more but he didn't do that. He was put in a situation where he had to prove himself and he chose not to.
    Alpha males needn't prove nothing to no one.

Quote Originally Posted by jzek
    That Memphis coach also ruined JC Navarro's NBA career.
    This is a better way to put it. Their "NBA carreers".

Both Navarro and Spanoulis (especially Spanoulis but I might be biased) are miles and miles ahead of people like Calderon, Rubio and other guards who have been solid starters in the NBA.

They also both have received large contracts and fan idolation in their teams. It's not like they went back to the ghetto or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I watched a bit of the final four this season on espn, the quality of ball was good but man the lighting was weird. It was dark anywhere off the court and dim on the court, dark to the point where if the ball or a player stepped out of bounds you could barely see them in the shadow. The stadium looked pretty empty as well.
    The lighting was like that only for the finals. The stadium was full but it was mostly full with Maccabi fans, outnumbering others by a very large margin and I think the organisation tried to keep appearances neutral which was a mistake to say the least.

It's called theater lighting. They have rules in Europe that you light the arena for the in game crowd, not for the TV production.

In case you didn't notice, the TV commercials are during halftime.
    It was only lighted like that in the finals.

I don't know if generally lighting rules are different in Europe than in the NBA but certainly lighting was different in the final 4, it was very noticable.
    First time it was like that as well.
    Last edited by Oly BC; 06-05-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oly BC
    This is a better way to put it. Their "NBA carreers".

Both Navarro and Spanoulis (especially Spanoulis but I might be biased) are miles and miles ahead of people like Calderon, Rubio and other guards who have been solid starters in the NBA.

They also both have received large contracts and fan idolation in their teams. It's not like they went back to the ghetto or anything.
    Oly, would you please explain to these clowns here that Patrick Beverley was the 3rd string point guard for Olympiacos.

I have said this here over and over and these NBA only fans keep calling me a liar. people like gabepizza and Dr.J.4ever just make up all kinds of lies and say it isn't true.

IT IS TRUE.

He's a starting NBA point guard for a Western Conference playoff team, was voted in the 2nd all defense NBA team, and he was the THIRD string point guard in Olympiacos (Spanoulis' team).

These clown NBA only fans refuse to accept things like this when I tell them, and they just claim I am "lying".

Please confirm it, so maybe some of these morons will start to grasp how absurd some of this stuff here really is, and how ridiculous these Houston Rockets fan comments here truly are.

This Smook A guy is absolutely absurd.

The starting point guard of the Rockets, the team he is a fan of, was THIRD STRING on Olympiacos, and this freaking CLOWN has the audacity to claim that Van Gundy didn't purposely sabotage Spanoulis.

Freaking idiots like this think Beverely was "the MVP in Euroleague".

Oly, would you please explain to these clowns here that Patrick Beverley was the 3rd string point guard for Olympiacos.
    Who? I'm sorry, I don't remember every scrub that warmed our bench.

It was only lighted like that in the finals.

I don't if generally lighting rules are different in Europe than in the NBA but certianly lighting was different in the final 4, it was very noticable.
    First time it was like that as well.
    NBA and Euroleague have much different rules for lighting. if you would notice, even Euroleague/Eurocup and most of the national leagues have much different rules for lighting.

For example, if you would notice, that national league games tend to be much lighter and Euroleague/Eurocup games much darker.

Also, that teams that play in arenas that are in Euroleague/Eurocup they are VERY dark during night games in national league usually as compared to other smaller arenas. That's because they are not allowed to have any light at all other than artificial, and so they can't use their other light sources they might have.

The normal rules are for Euroleague/Eurocup that the arena is way, way darker than in NBA, and most of the light is over the court, and in general these are much darker than national leagues, which are just under FIBA Europe regulations.

Think of it this way, like at SEF, the window coverings will be open in Greek League, and always closed in Euroleague.

As for the final four, yes they added a new kind of lighting called theater lighting, like when you are at a movie theater.

It's actually a new rule passed by the Euroleague. It's in their by-laws and regulations. They just used it for the first time at the final four, but it's a new regulation.

So as far as I know, every team has to have it in their for next season. It was on Euroleague's website, listed under 2014-15 new rules and regulations.

All the arenas have to have a mid court overhead scoreboard with screens, and then lighting running underneath it, and along the court. They just lift this up or down, and switch the screens and lights out and move it all around at any time. It's not a permanent one like NBA style, it's like a concert style. And then the lights in the stands are dimmed.

That's supposed to be the new regulation for 2014-15. It said on the Euroleague website that it was already reviewed and passed by the ECA shareholder's and so that will be the rule for next season.

If you will remember, Milano's arena didn't have a mid court scoreboard with screens before the final four. Then all of a sudden they had that big concert display with four screens and the theater lighting, like you see at a stage concert, or theater play or whatever hanging from below it.

So that's what it is. Then they just line up the lights along the court like in a couple of tiers, then dim the lights in the stands. So it's like you are in a movie theater.

Like I said, they already had the rules where it was way darker than in NBA or even national leagues, and now it's just going a step further. Supposedly they did a real expensive and big marketing study on it and it was the best way to experience the game if you are at the game.

So that's why they are doing it. Like we already talked about, NBA is for TV, because it's all commercials (ads on TV), Euroleague is about the games in the arena, (money is made through sponsors on the jerseys and the clubs, and the people that want to go in the arena). And not like in NBA where most of the tickets sold during the year are corporate sells and not fan sells.

So it makes sense, to Euroleague they want the best possible in-game experience, while NBA is always pushing this nonsense BS about who is in the crowd at the game, or kiss cam, or whatever else stupid crap like that.

Who? I'm sorry, I don't remember every scrub that warmed our bench.

The Houston Rockets starting point guard. The one that was just voted into the all NBA 2nd defense team.

The ones that Rockets fans like this Smook A clown claim is a good NBA player, while Spanoulis is "a mega scrub that could not even make an NBA roster".

The same Patrick Beverley that was the 12th man of Olympiacos.

THIS GUY --->

http://www.euroleague.net/competitio...asoncode=E2009

The same guy that most of the NBA only fans in this forum claim was the Euroleague MVP, and that if you go to the Houston Rockets fan forum website here,

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9

They ALL claim there that Beverely was the Euroleague MVP.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 06-05-2014 at 06:26 AM.

If his body wasn`t so hairy he might have a NBA future

Euroleague is the only poster on this site who I read every post he makes. I get e-mail alerts.

-Smak

Decent playground baller

VASSILIS SPANOULIS CAREER STATS

NATIONAL LEAGUE
    1999-00 - Larissa - 6.9 ppg in 13 games, .478 FG%
    2000-01 - Larissa - 8.2 ppg in 26 games, .439 FG%
    2001-02 - Maroussi - 4.9 ppg in 12 games, .489 FG%
    2002-03 - Maroussi - 10.3 ppg in 29 games, .422 FG%
    2003-04 - Maroussi - 11.1 ppg in 33 games, .456 FG%
    2004-05 - Maroussi - 15.9 ppg in 35 games, .421 FG%
    2005-06 - Panathinaikos - 11.0 ppg in 34 games, .446 FG%
    2006-07 - Houston (NBA) - 2.7 ppg in 31 games, .319 FG%
    2007-08 - Panathinaikos - 12.1 ppg in 36 games, .480 FG%
    2008-09 - Panathinaikos - 10.2 ppg in 30 games, .455 FG%
    2009-10 - Panathinaikos - 10.1 ppg in 31 games, .557 FG%
    2010-11 - Olympiacos - 10.6 ppg in 30 games, .402 FG%
    2011-12 - Olympiacos - 11.7 ppg in 31 games, .417 FG%
    2012-13 - Olympiacos - 11.4 ppg in 33 games, .394 FG%

Career High 15.9 ppg on .421?? WTF

Even more...I think Euroleague MVP is really a JOKE...Spanoulis won 2012-13 Mvp Award scoring 14.7 ppg in 31 games while shooting 141/355, .397 FG%!!!

And EUROLEAGUE says TOP 3 in THE WORLD!!