Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

So just because Wooden says Kobe is the best ever, do we just ignore the majority of people that say MJ is the best????

Decent college freshman Calabis's Avatar

Default Re: The legendary John Wooden said Kobe Bryant is the best player he ever seen

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    So Kobe was more important to his teams success during the Lakers '01 run, right? Led Shaq by .1 winshares and all, just saying.
    We r talking the finals here and .1?? Really?? This dude is talked about being GOAT with his finals performances??? Kobe Bryant is a great player, but please tell me what stats are allowed against this guy? Tell me what makes him GOAT....nothing imo

Quote Originally Posted by eazyduzzit10
    So just because Wooden says Kobe is the best ever, do we just ignore the majority of people that say MJ is the best????
    Yes because I posted a list from players from 60's up until current guys, GMs and Coaches, but according to the Kobebrigade its all P.R. for MJ...lmao....Jerry West job is to judge talent...we all know who he thinks is GOAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1mFE_ekV7E

Quote Originally Posted by Calabis
    We r talking the finals here and .1?? Really?? This dude is talked about being GOAT with his finals performances??? Kobe Bryant is a great player, but please tell me what stats are allowed against this guy? Tell me what makes him GOAT....nothing imo
    .1, albeit by a hair, is still better. Kobe led the Lakers in winshares throughout their 2001 postseason run. According to some of the stat buffers, Kobe was more vital to their success.

I don't think anyone sans trolls and Kobe nutjobs believe he's the GOAT. I don't even have him in my top 5-8.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

This thread is proof Jeff doesn't have enough mods.

It is CLEARLY just here to troll the idiots on ISH.

.1, albeit by a hair, is still better. Kobe led the Lakers in winshares throughout their 2001 postseason run. According to some of the stat buffers, Kobe was more vital to their success.

I don't think anyone sans trolls and Kobe nutjobs believe he's the GOAT. I don't even have him in my top 5-8.
    No finals MVP hardware and Shaq dominated in the finals, Kobe dominated Spurs series, both dominated in Kings series...this isn't about Kobe's one season, it's about his career and his Finals performances, his overall play in the playoffs is anything but legendary

No finals MVP hardware and Shaq dominated in the finals, Kobe dominated Spurs series, both dominated in Kings series...this isn't about Kobe's one season, it's about his career and his Finals performances, his overall play in the playoffs is anything but legendary
    Likewise Kobe in '09 and '10. He won both Finals MVPs but you got mini-Hollingers claiming Gasol had more win shares (in 2010), thus he was the better player. The double standards here are hilarious.

Take a bite.

25/5/5 is still elite and good enough to be ranked top 10 by the vast majority.

Likewise Kobe in '09 and '10. He won both Finals MVPs but you got mini-Hollingers claiming Gasol had more win shares (in 2010), thus he was the better player. The double standards here are hilarious.

Take a bite.

25/5/5 is still elite and good enough to be ranked top 10 by the vast majority.
    I never said Gasol was better than Kobe, only a retard would think that(stats should be used in perspective, not as a tell all...perspective: Most other greats dominate their teammates in winshares..except Kobe), but in that Celtics series at least Gasol was mentioned for MVP consideration, with several people believing he deserved it....and I have Kobe ranked 10 as of now, never stated he wasn't a All time Great...I stated he is not GOAT

Banned

the legendary John Wooden knows his shit

who better? Jordan?

I never said Gasol was better than Kobe, only a retard would think that(stats should be used in perspective, not as a tell all...perspective: Most other greats dominate their teammates in winshares..except Kobe), but in that Celtics series at least Gasol was mentioned for MVP consideration, with several people believing he deserved it....and I have Kobe ranked 10 as of now, never stated he wasn't a All time Great...I stated he is not GOAT
    Alright cool.

I thought you were one of Duncan21formvp's spawn accounts for a second there

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    the legendary John Wooden knows his shit

who better? Jordan?
    Seriously, what your beef to Jordan?

LeBron fan since 1988 AceManIII's Avatar

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Last edited by creepingdeath; 06-22-2011 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ne 1
    Things to consider:

- He has watched every great player in history.
    - He is aware about the strengths and weaknesses of every era.
    - He watched a TON of Laker games (so it's not like he was being hyped into believing it) and has seen more games than anyone else on this site.
    - As far as I know, he has no agenda. Completely unbiased opinion here.
    - This is John freaking Wooden. He knew more about basketball than you could ever hope. He would laugh in your face if you ever presented him with a bunch of trash stats to make your case, he understands that there is more to the game.
    - Jerry "the GOAT talent evaluator" West named Kobe as the top 5 players ever right? If you are going to agree with him on everything, then why ignore this?

Cool story, dawg

Saw a basketball once

Wow, it is really amazing how many people love to talk about something that they really have no clue about. I know this is a very old thread, but I just could not believe the disrespect handed out to Coach John R. Wooden. This man has the .out prestigious award in college basketball named after him for a reason.