Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Peter Vecsey's interview with MJ from July '94

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    No I am talking about the entire team outside of Jordan was better than they were in '91, '92, and '93.
    Swoosh, this makes no sense. NONE.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Swoosh, this makes no sense. NONE.
    Makes perfect sense ... 3 years of championship experience = better players.

You don't understand that concept?

Where did I say Pippen "should've won in 1994"? I'll wait.
    No, you didn't come out and say it. But your whole post imples that. Noone credits pippen and the 94 bulls as if they won. But what they did in 94 was amazing. And you love to minimize it.

Where's the better players? Even more, now that I think about it, paxson didn't play much, neither did cartwright. And jordan wasn't there. They replaced pax with kerr and longley with cartwright. And jordan with kukoc. Championship experience. You need to quit.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Honestly, it sounds like he retired to prove a point. The point that the bulls would suck without him. And he was kinda outdone when they still stayed competitive.

I think this was a lesson for jordan and pippen. Pippen wanted the limelight and got it. And realized how hard it was to be jordan. But I also feel 94 humbled jordan too. Im sure he thought they'd be at best a 500 team. And at best get swept out of the first round. And when it didn't happen, jordan realized that maybe the squad he had was pretty damn good.

And this is why I think they took the bulls to new levels from 96-98. They both realized they needed each other. And both were important to the others success.
    WOW@you and fatal holding on to this. There's like 2 paragraphs talking about that, while the rest of the article talks about him retiring mostly because of the media. Its clear he lost interest in the game and a number of reasons contributed to that, with his teammates' lack of appreciation being just one of them. The media's constant microscope of him, being burnt out, not having much to prove, and his dad's death (regardless of what the article says, it was at the very least possibly a tipping point and had to have crossed his mind when he made the decision) are pretty clearly much bigger reasons why he retired. His teammates lack of appreciation and dependence on him were probably just another reason why that contributed to him. Anyone honestly think that if those other reasons didn't exist that that lack of appreciation would've been enough for him to retire? In the middle of his prime? On the other hand, there's a good chance he retires anyway even if he didn't feel that way about his teammates. I'd expect this from fatal, but the both of you sound like you have an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    WOW@you and fatal holding on to this. There's like 2 paragraphs talking about that, while the rest of the article talks about him retiring mostly because of the media. Its clear he lost interest in the game and a number of reasons contributed to that, with his teammates' lack of appreciation being just one of them. The media's constant microscope of him, being burnt out, not having much to prove, and his dad's death (regardless of what the article says, it was at the very least possibly a tipping point and had to have crossed his mind when he made the decision) are pretty clearly much bigger reasons why he retired. His teammates lack of appreciation and dependence on him were probably just another reason why that contributed to him. Anyone honestly think that if those other reasons didn't exist that that lack of appreciation would've been enough for him to retire? In the middle of his prime? On the other hand, there's a good chance he retires anyway even if he didn't feel that way about his teammates. I'd expect this from fatal, but the both of you sound like you have an agenda.
    What agenda? The scrutiny he endured is no different than anyone else that in the limelight. And similar to kobe/shaq it sounds like it was was a 2-way street. I alluded to both sides. Not just one. They both needed each other. Pippen and apparently grant to a lesser extent wanted that limelight and jordan gave it to them. But they failed to calculate the scrutiny that comes with the praise. There I've pointed out my agreement with jordans pov.

But when jordan retired and at the start of the seaosn no less, which didn't allow for the bulls to find a suitable replacement. I think he wanted to show and thought that the bulls would stumble on a grand scale. And when they didn't, I do think it vindicated pippen and the bulls as a legit championship team. Not just jordan leading a bunch of scrubs. Which he obviously thought and believed would show. And thus kinda humbled him and made him more of a team player.

Wrong facts butt munch.
    Jordan got his dad killed by the mob
    that same mob forced Jordan out of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis
    Wrong facts butt munch.
    Jordan got his dad killed by the mob
    that same mob forced Jordan out of the game.
    I try to stay away from that. You don't know if that's true, no more than other rumors. I mean, your talking about the mans father. And besides, what debt could the mob possibly have on jordan that he couldn't pay?

Very good NBA starter

Biggest asshole ever.

I like this quote about Pippen.

"Had Scottie gone to Seattle it would've been a great deal for the Sonics.
    He would've made their players better. Kemp doesn't do that."
    It reminds me of playing full court and knowing when the less talented group is going to win, simply because of how some in the better team kill the offense by wanting to take every shot.

Jordan was a changed man when he came back in 95. He needed to be humbled and baseball did that.
    He wouldn't believe half that stuff now.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Jordan was a changed man when he came back in 95. He needed to be humbled and baseball did that.
    He wouldn't believe half that stuff now.
    This is a great point. I think he realized his hunger for the game that made him from watching the rest of the minor league players. And realized that the bulls were better than what he and everyone else thought he was.

I don't know how to say it better.

I think it's fair and logical to expect when you take the supposed GOAT out of a team and replace him with Pete Myers, you'd expect a big drop-off. Instead, the Bulls won 55 games and just barely missed the conference finals, showing that they were one of the best teams even without the supposed GOAT.

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    I don't know how to say it better.

I think it's fair and logical to expect when you take the supposed GOAT out of a team and replace him with Pete Myers, you'd expect a big drop-off. Instead, the Bulls won 55 games and just barely missed the conference finals, showing that they were one of the best teams even without the supposed GOAT.
    Losing in the 2nd round is "one of the best" teams?

"Almost making the conference finals" is an accomplishment because the series went 7 games?

By that remedial logic

1994 Bulls = 2011 Grizzlies

The Grizzlies "were one of the best teams in the league"

SMH ...

dang ese...you callin people out about being "insecure"...

you trying to defend Jordone every chance you get.....

Fatal merked all Jordan stans in this thread and you in here chirpin away tryin to deflect the fact that Jordan retired and the Bull's were still a great team...

then MJ tryin to to flex and say Pippen couldn't handle the pressure....Naw...it's the other way around.

Without PiP...MJ = Baldheaded Dominique Wilkins.....

Jordan stans...the worst fans in sports.......next