Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Stephen Curry is popular because of humans' subconscious desire to relate.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    I find it shocking that a kid as privileged as him is as hard working, determined and motivated as he is. It's something you really never see.
    Trump did it

Default Re: Stephen Curry is popular because of humans' subconscious desire to relate.

Quote Originally Posted by riseagainst
    If you would take 00 Shaq over current Curry over the course of a 48 minute game then you are delusional.

Curry can literally score from anywhere at any given time.

Shaq can literally only score from the paint then go 2/15 from the line in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    I find it shocking that a kid as privileged as him is as hard working, determined and motivated as he is. It's something you really never see.
    c'mon son? Never? rarely would have been already a bad choice of words.

Dell Curry isn't a billionaire, his average salary was something like $1 mil.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    You're mistaken if you think it's as simple as the fact that nobody can relate to his shooting.

Shooting is in large part... strike that, it is PRIMARILY a developed skill. Certainly moreso than athleticism. You are limited in both shooting and athleticism due to your own level of talent, of course, but shooting is a hell of a lot closer to being "learned" and "practiced" than jumping higher, running faster and being bigger than everyone else is, you simple minded cretin.

And if you think I'm wrong, I'd absolutely love for you to tell me the last time that an NBA big was the most popular player in the league, despite the fact that they have held the prestige of being the best player in the league more often than not, over the years.
    Bullshit. Shooting is as, if not more, related to raw talent than athleticism.

Very good NBA starter

There is some truth to the OP'S POST. people relate and identify.

Steve Nash used to be that guy for about 5 years.

I'm 6 6. I used to literally watch Paul Pierce and identify with his body type.

People like Shaq but that's for more freaks how purposes. Curry represents the a new Era of basketball. His family is light skinned articulate and churchy without being preachy.

The funny thing to me is people treat curry like he's a young star but he's the same age as kd and love. Westbrook is younger but you can't tell.

I actually like curry ball wise. I just see a lot of people jumping to him.

The reason people think he's new is most of his career was shit and average, there was no reason to follow him.

Then he has a good year and every brainwashed simpleton jumps on board lol

Saw a basketball once

I don't know how anyone could relate to Stephen Curry in general. He's 6'3, which is above average in height in the US. The average height for American men is 5'9. Curry comes from a rich family. His father was an NBA player. His mother was an Olympic athlete. He didn't have any adversity in his upbringing. I think the only reason why someone would relate to him on a professional level is because he's a dwarf among giants and no one thought a guard his size would be a star in the NBA. He's proved everyone wrong and no one knew he or the Warriors would be this damn good. No one did. He has glass ankles and will not be durable enough type of talk.

I think social media is the cause of all of this. This is the same with pro wrestling. Daniel Bryan was the perfect example. He's just like me! He's 5'9, 180 lbs! He's not a Hulk Hogan or the Rock bur he made it. I think people root for the underdog and America loves that but social media in general has made things worse. I think Jordan and his era of superstars would face a lot of criticism in this social media driven society we live in and Jordan wouldn't have been as loved, I believe. Social media is a microscope and now all public figures document their lives 24/7, so they can't get away with anything. People like Curry because he's a good guy, family man, humble, etc.

Fact of the matter is: Curry and the Warriors are exactly what the NBA wanted when they changed the rules and the culture. They got what they wanted. Curry is the poster boy for this era.

High School Varsity 6th Man WolfGang's Avatar

First things first. Lebron is still the best player in the world. You can put Lebron on any team in the league and he can make them title contenders. Just saying.

As for Curry's popularity...He's good looking and he's the closest thing to a white superstar the NBA has. America is like 80% white right? I know he is spectacular and all that. The goat shooter, but for people to rate him so highly above obviously better players. There is something more to it than just ability.

It is too soon to put him on the same boat with names like, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron Tim Duncan and D Wade. Guys that have all won multiple titles. Lets see where he's at in 5 to 6 years. If Draymond or Klay stay with him.

Great post OP... you are absolutely correct...

Local High School Star nashwade's Avatar

Put curry on the knicks and the get swept by pacers
    LeBron can get the knicks to ecf

People forget what the mvp award is for

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Watch this and honestly ask yourself that.... Curry is a transcendent player.The way he dominated this season is just something to be in awe of as a basketball fan. In no way can I relate to this guy, simply he is just pure joy to watch.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...h6VB6ccgsBlcAA

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Steph curry's ultimate career mixtape.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gb0wmBUB4cg

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by WolfGang
    First things first. Lebron is still the best player in the world. You can put Lebron on any team in the league and he can make them title contenders. Just saying.

As for Curry's popularity...He's good looking and he's the closest thing to a white superstar the NBA has. America is like 80% white right? I know he is spectacular and all that. The goat shooter, but for people to rate him so highly above obviously better players. There is something more to it than just ability.

It is too soon to put him on the same boat with names like, Shaq, Kobe, Lebron Tim Duncan and D Wade. Guys that have all won multiple titles. Lets see where he's at in 5 to 6 years. If Draymond or Klay stay with him.
    People don't like hearing this, but you are right. He's light skinned. he actually is relatable to his boyish looks and for people that say he's 6'3, So is derrick rose(who's like 6'2). He's got high skills and shooting ability we won't see for 20 years but his team came at the right time with the right image.