Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Demar Derozan is pretty underrated..

43-32 record with the raptors, 3rd best in the eastern conference.

Eastern conference sucks thus he has little recognition but his game is improving his a little like a young kobe...

Default Re: Demar Derozan is pretty underrated..

U post his record like hes carrying the team. They have a balanced attack and Derozan isnt even the best player on the team

If hes that good, there is an obvious question missing here.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    U post his record like hes carrying the team. They have a balanced attack and Derozan isnt even the best player on the team
    Who then? Jonas? Don't you dare say Lowry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cali Syndicate
    Who then? Jonas? Don't you dare say Lowry.
    Kyle is better

Kyle is better
    Why you little....

Well, yeah maybe lol but I think it's pretty close.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Why you little....

It's become really close, for the first half of the season Lowry was just taking over when it mattered the most in the 4th quarter. I definitely think he deserved AS status over DeMar, but Demars been on a great run lately, to the point that he may be the best player on this raps team.

He needs to get the the rim though, taking too many contested midrange jumpers to my liking.

Why you little....

DeRozan has consistent all season but Kyle steps up when the Raps played at their best.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    DeRozan has consistent all season but Kyle steps up when the Raps played at their best.
    Derozan seems to have become a notch better since Rudy's departure.

My was I wrong, thought derozan was gonna suck. Happy that I'm wrong, good for him

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

I want him to choke, so we can use "Defrozan" one

Local High School Star barkleynash's Avatar

I am a huge raptor fan. Derozen has made incredible strides this year, mostly since the departure of Rudy Gay.
    He is an improved passer and rebounder and is scoring in a variety of ways.
    His two biggest weaknesses to this point are his defence and his ball-handling in a crowd or in late game situations.
    Defensively he guards the third best perimeter player on the other team. That says something. They put an undersized Ross out there against bigger wings that Derozen has better size to match up with. He also struggles getting through screens and staying with his check when he cuts. Help defence is pretty good, but gets exploited off the bounce too.
    Are these things fixable? I think so, but he never be a great two-way player until he learns how to defend and impact the game on that end of the floor.
    Is casey just kind of resting him on defence or is he really a weak defender. I'm not sure. If Ross and Val continue to improve I think that derozen will have much less pressure on him and more space to work.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

Lowry is the best player on the raptors. Derozan is playing smarter this year then last year tho, taking better shots. But I still think he needs to work on his game a litte but in about 2 years he could be a pretty nasty

Pretty much this. Kyle is the best player, but I think both Kyle and DeMar have benefited from each other's presence this season. I don't think there's THAT much of a gap between them, but just enough for some distance. DeMar still has ways to go to reach elite level, if he continues to make big strides.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    If hes that good, there is an obvious question missing here.
    What's the obvious question ?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    I want him to choke, so we can use "Defrozan" one
    Check out the Real GM Raptors board for stuff like that. They have a lot of puns for DeMar's name. Also, a lot of irrational things about him.

Quote Originally Posted by barkleynash
    I am a huge raptor fan. Derozen has made incredible strides this year, mostly since the departure of Rudy Gay.
    He is an improved passer and rebounder and is scoring in a variety of ways.
    His two biggest weaknesses to this point are his defence and his ball-handling in a crowd or in late game situations.
    Defensively he guards the third best perimeter player on the other team. That says something. They put an undersized Ross out there against bigger wings that Derozen has better size to match up with. He also struggles getting through screens and staying with his check when he cuts. Help defence is pretty good, but gets exploited off the bounce too.
    Are these things fixable? I think so, but he never be a great two-way player until he learns how to defend and impact the game on that end of the floor.
    Is casey just kind of resting him on defence or is he really a weak defender. I'm not sure. If Ross and Val continue to improve I think that derozen will have much less pressure on him and more space to work.
    I agree.

For what it's worth, Casey does believe DeMar has the tools to become an elite defender. I don't think he'll be elite, but with passion and maturity of the game, he can certainly become a top star in this league. And yes, Jonas and Ross's development is very important to that. You can definitely tell Ross gets better on both from DeMar's presence. On offense, DeMar will try to find him on a curl screen for a 3 or mid-range shot. On defense, this more a practice session, DeMar will always go at Ross to make him better.

Decent playground baller

Nope, this is Masai's team, he is God.