Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: What do you guys see in Embiid?

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    I see the number 1 pick in the draft, at worst number 2.
    man, how can you say this? its sooooo early

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    man, how can you say this? its sooooo early

Teams historically take a gamble on the 7 footer. I would too.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Teams historically take a gamble on the 7 footer. I would too.
    its not a gamble. he is the best prospect, at worst the second best prospect.

Learning to shoot layups

People are saying he is like Akeem Olajuwon from University of Houston who later morphed into Hakeem Olajuwon.

This is as much an embellishment as comparing Wiggins and Parker to LeBron and Kobe. Embiid is a lot more Serge Ibaka than Hakeem Olajuwon, sure that makes a nice pro, but not in a year when there are bonafide Alpha Dogs available. He goes 3-5 if the draft were today, people are still that much on Parker and Wiggins, and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy Dudebro
    People are saying he is like Akeem Olajuwon from University of Houston who later morphed into Hakeem Olajuwon.

This is as much an embellishment as comparing Wiggins and Parker to LeBron and Kobe. Embiid is a lot more Serge Ibaka than Hakeem Olajuwon, sure that makes a nice pro, but not in a year when there are bonafide Alpha Dogs available. He goes 3-5 if the draft were today, people are still that much on Parker and Wiggins, and rightfully so.
    what dies that even mean? he plays nothing like Serge Ibaka. If anything, Embiid is an alpha dog. He calls for the ball and the offense is run through him. He is doubled on EVERY post touch.

what dies that even mean? he plays nothing like Serge Ibaka. If anything, Embiid is an alpha dog. He calls for the ball and the offense is run through him. He is doubled on EVERY post touch.
    And what's really impressive is that he deals with the double team extremely well. Good awareness, footwork, and vision is really impressive for a young big without a ton of experience playing top competition. It takes some guys years in the league to develop those skills and some never do.

If I were a GM, Embiid would be #1 on my big board with Wiggins #2.

I usually hit open layups

I think he has the best chance of leading a team to the NBA finals in his prime. He has more post moves than most big men in the league already, he can do jump hooks with both hands, and is showing some potential to shoot the outside shot. On the defensive end he can lock down the paint by blocking and altering shots, and it wouldn't suprise me if he was an NBA all-star in 2 or 3 years.

Whoever compared Embiid to Serge is a moron. I think Embiid will be more of a Tim Duncan.

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

I'm gonna say embiid is very similar to hAkeem olajuwon, not saying he's goin to be as good but their stories are similar along with athletic build and body type with embiid being slightly thicker (wider) coming into the league.

Jahlil okafor reminds me a lot of Tim Duncan. With an already established 12-18 footer, he's not an explosive athlete and relies on positioning and fundamentals which he seems to understand already very well.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Whoever compared Embiid to Serge is a moron. I think Embiid will be more of a Tim Duncan.
    He's definitely no Serge, but Duncan? C'mon now...No one is passing on Wiggins, especially now that he seems to have put it all together.

Learning to shoot layups

I cordially invite all of you to go f*ck yourselves.

Bill Simmons on 'The BS Report'(1/30/14):

"What Embiid really is is he is Serge Ibaka as a center, a better, taller meaner, Serge Ibaka."

Save the 'Simmons is a moron' retorts for your mother, he knows more than you clowns and so do I.

"What Embiid really is is he is Serge Ibaka as a center, a better, taller meaner, Serge Ibaka."

Save the 'Simmons is a moron' retorts for your mother, he knows more than you clowns and so do I.
    Add this to the list of dumb things Simmons has said. Guy knows nothing about projecting players or X's and O's. Why not quote the numerous talent evaluators that compare him favorable to great players. He literally plays nothing like Ibaka, he is a low post scorer and Serge has not one post move.

I think his point was they move the same, very fluid, like a track athlete......where as players like bynum and thabeet move choppy with body parts flailing everywhere.

I don't think he making a comparison on how they played.

I could be wrong , but check out the grantland channel on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    He's definitely no Serge, but Duncan? C'mon now...No one is passing on Wiggins, especially now that he seems to have put it all together.
    Watch Duncan in 94 on youtube. Similar games. Whether Embiid develops into Tim Duncan we know? Doubt it, think he could resemble Duncan tho when its all said and done. Duncan is a legend but I'm looking at the way they move, score, defend as freshman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u84y8B8W33I

i love simmons, but he doesnt know anything about college hoops