Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Complete Player

Default Re: Grant Hill on Derrick Rose... a must read... especially for Bulls fans

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Huh? Who said I was more qualified?

All I said was, NBA players sticking up for other NBA players doesn't surprise me or even mean much to me. It's the equivalent of union members mindlessly backing other union members. Ehhh

I'd much rather hear from Rose himself, his closest personal trainers, doctors, and physicians. Because Grant Hill probably knows about as much as Rose' current health and condition as anybody else on here.
    I don't think Grant Hill is "mindlessly" backing anyone. He's been in the situation of being pressured to play when he wasn't feeling right (despite what the doctors and trainers were saying at the time) and can relate to what Rose is going through now. What's so mindless about that? If Grant Hill had never gone through his own injury and was backing Rose then you would have a point of the brotherhood sticking together.

National High School Star

Default Re: Grant Hill on Derrick Rose... a must read... especially for Bulls fans

big difference. Rose has been DOMINATING in practices.. Thibs calls him the best player in practice and his own teammates do too..

Hill just mad

Warriors Til I Die LT Ice Cream's Avatar

I have never faulted Rose on not returning. He may be cleared to play, but you're the only one who knows how good you're feeling. Just because someone says you're fine doesn't necessarily mean you're fine.

I'm ok with letting him listen to his own body and making a decision.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    So you, numbersix's dumbass, knickswins hatin ass, and buddha's retarded ass are MORE qualified to speak on the issue than Tim hardaway and magic Johnson?

FOH. The three of you combined probably haven't played one season of competitive ball yet you guys are experts.

I love how guys say Rose is 100% fine or Rose isn't injured or feeling pain.

Hill, a great source and a well liked and respected player JUST SAID in the OP that EVEN THOUGH TEAM DOCTORS CLEAR YOU IT DOESN'T (necessarily) MEAN YOU SHOULD PLAY.

you guys are freakin dense I swear.
    At the tone of 20 plus threads about Rose during the playoffs this isn't about caring for the truth. The team and all of its extensions are on one page and its more unanimous than Mayweather against a scrub, in favor of Rose. His teammates are visually supportive of him. Superstar players (Tim Hardaway, Grant Hill) who had leg injuries have also chimed in on Rose's behalf. Not one professional, doctor, person in the front office, super high investor in this matter or ball player has said Rose should have been playing because they know how it is. There is a ton of third, fourth and fifth party info that is floating around and people have ran with it, mainly because they have this internal thirst to one up him.

To get this feeling like they voted with other haters to denigrate Rose. Its not complicated because they are very simple people. They wear their hate on their sleeves.
    Last edited by Pointguard; 05-09-2013 at 05:36 PM.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by hitmanyr2k
    I don't think Grant Hill is "mindlessly" backing anyone. He's been in the situation of being pressured to play when he wasn't feeling right (despite what the doctors and trainers were saying at the time) and can relate to what Rose is going through now. What's so mindless about that? If Grant Hill had never gone through his own injury and was backing Rose then you would have a point of the brotherhood sticking together.
    almost 100% of players in the NBA have had a major injury at one point another. It's not unique to Hill, it's not unique to Rose, it's not that unique in general. Players get shut down left and right nowadays, especially preemptively.

Basically it's like this:

NBA player --- "Rose should come back when he's 110% ready ... actually he should come back when he's 120%!"

NBA fan --- "Rose should come back when he's 90% ready or so. If he's physically ready, he should contribute and work his way into mental shape"

NBA GM --- "Something in between both of those. But because we've invested millions in Rose it's important he is comfortable and not rushed so he doesn't leave or hate us forever"

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

The biggest issue isn't even him not playing, if he or the Bulls would just come out and say "he's not playing" then people wouldn't talk about so much. When the dude is like my status is up in the air, obviously everyone is going to get annoyed.

He could even come back after they officially said he won't, if he felt like it, but they are just idiotic for not saying anything.

Lets be real here... Grant Hill, Tim Hardaway, and Magic Johnson have about the same credibility to speak on the situation as 3 random people on this board. They arent doctors, they arent close with Rose. They are random fans with their own opinion just like you and me.

Having said that. Before the playoffs there was an interview with a player who tore his ACL, I forget who, might have even been Doug Collins who also suffered the same thing. He said the hardest part by far was overcoming the mental aspect of the injury. Trusting your knee not to explode again. This is where Rose is at. His instincts are telling him not to play because he is scared. Being scared is an instinct. Its pretty obvious on every level what going on here. No one close to Rose is going to tell him to man up and come back because that would be extremely offensive to Rose on a personal level.

Tl;Dr.. Rose is a bitch

5-time NBA All-Star

Huh? Who said I was more qualified?

All I said was, NBA players sticking up for other NBA players doesn't surprise me or even mean much to me. It's the equivalent of union members mindlessly backing other union members. Ehhh

I'd much rather hear from Rose himself, his closest personal trainers, doctors, and physicians. Because Grant Hill probably knows about as much as Rose' current health and condition as anybody else on here.
    Nahhh, not the same as union workers. Overall you have been negative in this matter despite not hearing from personal trainers, doctors or those who have invested millions in Rose.

Hill is in the same profession, was a player of superstar impact, and dealt with a similar type circumstance that puts the balance of long term, decision making on the table. Hill isn't telling anybody to think like him - he's saying think. Period. When Shumpert said its about a franchise thinking like a franchise and protecting its long term risk, they are telling folks to think big picture. Something which you never talk about.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    There isn't any rationalization. Real Bul's fans want him to rest and come back next season. Childish impatient little pricks (in the guise of Bulls fans)get online and complain about things like this.

He will come back when he is ready. Simple as that....all this bellyachin (esp by non Bulls fans) is getting old quick.
    Really...ive been a Bulls fan since before Jordan. My mom has been a Bulls fan since Jerry sloan days(with a brief stop as a Laker fan because of Magic but I believe society pardons fickle female sports fans). My brothers are bulls fans. Several of my close friends as well.

You know the only person I see in person who has sounded like the people online mad at Rose?

My 19 year old cousin who thinks Carmelo Anthony and Kobe are both better than Jordan....and thinks Jrue Holiday is the best point in the league.

And for the record the last part...maybe...one day. But if you heard his reasoning you would die laughing.

This is just version 193298 of internet haters finding a subject to latch on to and make it a bigger deal than it is.

I have Heat fan friends who have nothing negative to say about Rose. Knick fans. But on here its nothing but "Rose is bitchmade!", "***** ass Rose...MAN UP!" and calling out fans and all that? I dont know what happens to people when they get to type instead of speak. Would people really be this awful in person without the risk of physical violence?

Is that all thats keeping the real world sports fans from being like on the internet? Knowing they are risking their lives by acting this way?

When Rose got hurt I read reports saying he might be back by christmas...other than he will be out a year...hopefully letting him return for the playoffs. Many many estimates in the year range. Here we are a year later and hes...kinda/sorta ready and people act like they had no idea he could be gone a year?

Jeff posted an article on the ISH main site saying their GM wasnt expecting him back this year at all.

And that was in June.

But now...he was supposed to be back months ago all along?

Hes being selfish...hurting the entire city...letting down his team?

Meanwhile every player to speak up thinks he needs to ignore all of you, the team is fine and behind him...as they didnt plan on him playing anyway...and hes about ready to play...a year after injury. As many reports said was the time frame?

Nah. real Bulls fans are not that upset.

If they are I dont know them.

And I know an awful lot of Bulls fans...

And truth be told...in person...Heat/Knick fans arent this bad about it either.

Grant Hill said something didn't feel right when he played teammates. D-Rose was cleared months ago and has been practicing for at least a month now. He only has to play spot minutes to give Nate a rest. How else is he going to redevelop muscle memory?

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...cording-report

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Spot minutes to give Nate a rest?

You could have Oscar robertson off the bench for spot minutes and not be the difference between losing by 40 and being in the game.

If hes not Derrick Rose I dont know why hes playing unless its strictly motivation. But knowing this team as I do...I dont think they would play any harder.

Have you see Nate? Noah? Butler? Taj?

They strike you as guys only going 80% waiting for Rose to come motivate them to 100?

These Bulls arent a bunch of Jerome James looking for motivation.

They go hard all the time.

If he feels he can suit up...im happy to have him.

But if its to be Nates backup and help out a bit he might as well chill.

Quote Originally Posted by unbreakable
    big difference. Rose has been DOMINATING in practices.. Thibs calls him the best player in practice and his own teammates do too..

Hill just mad

My friend works out/plays with D. Rose and other Chicago-born NBA players.

He is not DOMINATING in practice, on the contrary, he has had trouble keepin DeQuan Cook (a jumpshooter) in front of him in practice.

STFU about things you have no clue about chump(s).

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    Lets be real here... Grant Hill, Tim Hardaway, and Magic Johnson have about the same credibility to speak on the situation as 3 random people on this board. They arent doctors, they arent close with Rose. They are random fans with their own opinion just like you and me.

Having said that. Before the playoffs there was an interview with a player who tore his ACL, I forget who, might have even been Doug Collins who also suffered the same thing. He said the hardest part by far was overcoming the mental aspect of the injury. Trusting your knee not to explode again. This is where Rose is at. His instincts are telling him not to play because he is scared. Being scared is an instinct. Its pretty obvious on every level what going on here. No one close to Rose is going to tell him to man up and come back because that would be extremely offensive to Rose on a personal level.

Tl;Dr.. Rose is a bitch
    Ex players that have seen other players fight with ACL's are a little closer to the situation than the hater sheep on ish. If you play ball professionally and know the hard rigors of exceptionally fast, quick players and the pressure of playing at an extremely high levels in front of millions its very different than hiding behind a computer and just hating. You guys aren't accountable to anything you say here. Most haters are different people in front of live people. The ballers mentioned are accountable to what they say. Their experience is most similar to Roses. Tim and Grant Hill experienced the whole trauma and recuperation stages. We will likely never be in a similar situation like them.

Two, what people will say to Rose in front of his face is irrelevant. If you are invested in, to the tone of 300 million, people aren't focused on being nice to you because you have feelings. Its perform, I'm paying you and I'm not paying you to be nice to you. That's happening at $30,000 much less 300 million. Tim Hardaway and Grant Hill know the pressures, know that the doctors aren't the final word, they know the limitations of how things work in Rose's situation. They know what happens when you only listen to the doctors and not yourself. People here act like they would put their life on the line once the doctors say they are cleared.

If Derrick Rose is different in his healing, it is what it is. Everybody is a little different. Obviously he's a super athlete, and he is special in that regards, but it doesn't mean he's a regular healer, too. People on the outside can't make that judgement with any confidence.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Nahhh, not the same as union workers. Overall you have been negative in this matter despite not hearing from personal trainers, doctors or those who have invested millions in Rose.

Hill is in the same profession, was a player of superstar impact, and dealt with a similar type circumstance that puts the balance of long term, decision making on the table. Hill isn't telling anybody to think like him - he's saying think. Period. When Shumpert said its about a franchise thinking like a franchise and protecting its long term risk, they are telling folks to think big picture. Something which you never talk about.
    I've said multiple times, in multiple threads, that I don't insinuate bringing Rose back too soon and injuring himself...

Rose is the one who says basically "I could be back next game, I could be back in a month". Not me.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize jeopardizing the health of your franchise player is not the right way to go. In fact, I think the NBA playoffs are not the proper setting for him to return, even if he's ready (it's too intense and physical relative to the RS).

At the same rate, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize Rose has been fairly tantalizing about this whole thing with his comments and "the return" ads, and seems to be taking his sweet time to the point where people, outside of NBA players, his teammates, and closest friends, are starting to wonder about his desire.

It will have taken, what, 15-16 months for him to fully get over this injury and play in an NBA game?

Personally, he's one of my favorite players and I want to see him have a long great career. I vehemently defend his MVP to people, because it was obvious he deserved it. But it's a struggle for everybody involved I think. If it was a complete non-issue, and blatantly obvious Rose is not even close to ready, we wouldn't be talking about it right now. But it's like the opposite of that. Rightly or wrongly.

I've said multiple times, in multiple threads, that I don't insinuate bringing Rose back too soon and injuring himself...

Rose is the one who says basically "I could be back next game, I could be back in a month". Not me.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize jeopardizing the health of your franchise player is not the right way to go. In fact, I think the NBA playoffs are not the proper setting for him to return, even if he's ready (it's too intense and physical relative to the RS).

At the same rate, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize Rose has been fairly tantalizing about this whole thing with his comments and "the return" ads, and seems to be taking his sweet time to the point where people, outside of NBA players, his teammates, and closest friends, are starting to wonder about his desire.

It will have taken, what, 15-16 months for him to fully get over this injury and play in an NBA game?

Personally, he's one of my favorite players and I want to see him have a long great career. But it's a struggle for everybody involved I think. If it was a complete non-issue, and blatantly obvious Rose is not even close to ready, we wouldn't be talking about it right now. But it's like the opposite of that. Rightly or wrongly.
    Do you ever get tired of speaking on things you know nothing about?

I KNOW PEOPLE that play with Rose, that train with him (after his ACL injury).

He is NOT ready.....Cook is breaking him down off the dribble in practice.

You;re showing your inner retard right now.