Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thunder it DOWN, Dion! PleezeBelieve's Avatar

Default Dion Waiters averages more PPG, APG, SPG than Bradley Beal in less MPG

Are you ready fo admit he's the better player here? Seems to have been a big bias against D-Wait for some reason around here.

But stats don't lie.

So why do you?

I usually hit open layups JD_TO's Avatar

Default Re: Dion Waiters averages more PPG, APG, SPG than Bradley Beal in less MPG

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve
    Are you ready fo admit he's the better player here? Seems to have been a big bias against D-Wait for some reason around here.

But stats don't lie.

So why do you?
    are you really comparing 31.0 MPG to 30.1
    and steals 1.0 to .9

Beal has played in 3 more games than Waiters and has taken 33 less shots than Waiters. You are comparing players but left out information such as rebounding turnovers and fouls. Don't be biased.

Default Re: Dion Waiters averages more PPG, APG, SPG than Bradley Beal in less MPG

Neither are that good. 38% shooting

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PleezeBelieve

But stats don't lie.

So why do you?

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

I would rather have Waiters.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

waiters is a better passer and has an explosive first step. Both guards have not-so great FG% buts that the story with most rookie guards. Waiters is more versatile and has a higher upside IMO.

Waiters' FG% is steadily improving as he's finishing better and better at the rim.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    waiters is a better passer and has an explosive first step. Both guards have not-so great FG% buts that the story with most rookie guards. Waiters is more versatile and has a higher upside IMO.

Waiters' FG% is steadily improving as he's finishing better and better at the rim.
    I don't know about that. Beal has a pure jumpshot and once it starts falling consistently he could be a serious stud. He's also getting to the rim and line more than I expected and is money on Ft's. Also Beal is 49% TS (which sucks but it's dragged down by his bad first month) and Waiters is at 47%

I know none of you have watched more than 3 wizards games this year so I'll give you a pass on your ignorance.

Serious playground baller Jolokia's Avatar

I think Kyrie would've benefited more from Beal still.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolokia
    I think Kyrie would've benefited more from Beal still.

Cleveland was going for potential/shot-creator. They don't want another LeBron scenario where he is surrounded by just spot up shooters

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    Cleveland was going for potential/shot-creator. They don't want another LeBron scenario where he is surrounded by just spot up shooters
    How does that apply to Beal?

Beal is flat out better, apart from maybe passing. Even then, I think hes a better playmaker overall.
    He seems to have fixed all his issues in terms of getting efficient buckets, but his free throws have suffered this last month.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    I don't know about that. Beal has a pure jumpshot and once it starts falling consistently he could be a serious stud. He's also getting to the rim and line more than I expected and is money on Ft's. Also Beal is 49% TS (which sucks but it's dragged down by his bad first month) and Waiters is at 47%

I know none of you have watched more than 3 wizards games this year so I'll give you a pass on your ignorance.

Yeah and i take it you've watched every cavs game too

Beal is a jumpshooter. Dion is a playmaker, and don't even try to pretend that beal can get to the rim like Dion can. I'm not knocking Beal, but Waiters is the more complete and more explosive guard.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Beal is flat out better, apart from maybe passing. Even then, I think hes a better playmaker overall.
    He seems to have fixed all his issues in terms of getting efficient buckets, but his free throws have suffered this last month.

Except he isn't

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    Yeah and i take it you've watched every cavs game too

Beal is a jumpshooter. Dion is a playmaker, and don't even try to pretend that beal can get to the rim like Dion can. I'm not knocking Beal, but Waiters is the more complete and more explosive guard.
    Wasn't one of the knocks on Dion coming out of college that he wasn't a great passer or playmaker? Seems to be something hes worked on quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wasn't one of the knocks on Dion coming out of college that he wasn't a great passer or playmaker? Seems to be something hes worked on quite a bit.

No the big knocks on Dion was the fact he came off the bench, he almost quit the team, and that he played in a zone defense. That was pre-draft.

Post draft everybody was freaking about his weight cause he showed up to the summer league out of shape.

So far he's proven to be very coachable and a hard worker. His D has actually been a pleasant surprise. His negatives are obviously his streakiness. Some games everything he throws up goes in, other games and he's bricking everything. Earlier in the season he used to always kick his out when he shot the ball, now he's just jumping straight up. Dion, just like Beal, have both kind of elevated their games the past month or two. They are both starting to get more comfortable and confident. It's going to be a good rivalry going forward. Beal/Wall v. Kyrie/Dion