with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Default ARK: Survival Evolved

Anyone got it? Early access game released a week or two ago. It's top 5 played for multiplayer games on Steam right now and it's getting ported to consoles next year.

Following that weird dinosaur and survival fad going around where they just combined the two, making some Jurassic Park-looking mmo shit. Looks pretty good tho. Only major problem I read is poor optimization. Check the video above. Think I might bite since there's nothing I'm waiting for in the Steam sale right now.

Default Re: ARK: Survival Evolved

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious

Anyone got it? Early access game released a week or two ago. It's top 5 played for multiplayer games on Steam right now and it's getting ported to consoles next year.

Following that weird dinosaur and survival fad going around where they just combined the two, making some Jurassic Park-looking mmo shit. Looks pretty good tho. Only major problem I read is poor optimization. Check the video above. Think I might bite since there's nothing I'm waiting for in the Steam sale right now.
    What...

I have been burned by early access games on Steam before. I have also had some great pick ups.

I tend to wait for the actual release unless the price is cheap. Im very picky about the games I play and prefer them to have unlimited replay value (think AOE2, Empire:Total War, Anno 1402, etc..)

National High School Star

Saw it last weekend and read the reviews. Seems like there are some major complaints when it comes to griefing. People were complaining that there is no way to protect yourself when you log out, as your character goes unconscious and into sleep mode but remains in the game. So pretty much you and everything you worked for gets destroyed by other players constantly when you aren't even at your computer. I'm all for realism, but that sounds like a horrible idea...

I've been planning on trying it soon. Everyone seems to love it.

Home of the 16

It's a great game, there's still major bugs, obviously. But, nevertheless, it's worth buying. Don't be annoyed if the dinos keep going back and forth, server-side lag. Play it with your friends.

8.5/10

Home of the 16

"Must have eaten some bad berries."

http://gfycat.com/DangerousUnpleasantKagu

Home of the 16

Hey, Deuce, can I add you on Steam?

Sure I think I have the same name.

Home of the 16

This will go down as one of the best games ever in terms of open world. They update almost everyday too.

I played the free trial last weekend and it was pretty fun. Brutal and unforgiving, but there are accelerated servers if you want to quickly get ahead. Hell, it took my friend and I, with voice chat over vent, about 30 minutes to even find each other. And of course, after spending an hour getting clothed and building a small hut, we realized we were 100 yards from a T-Rex that ravaged our camp and everything near it.

Home of the 16

Lol^

Okay, whose got the game right now? I have a server running with increased rates. I can help you get started in-game.

http://ark-servers.net/server/12592/

Me and my buddy haven't decided yet. I need to see some performance improvements. The graphics:performance was a bit disappointing to me for a 30 price tag, but I think I'll eventually get it.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Also tried the free weekend and was mostly disappointed that I came across only one person in the 8 hours I played. Only tried a public server tho. My computer handled it alright. e3-1231 with a 390, although the temps weren't ideal after a couple hours and I was only playing mid settings. Wanted to put more hours but had shit to do and I spent the rest of my time gaming on Payday 2's free weekend (****ing addicting...) going on at the same time.

Probably going to wait for the price to drop a little more. There's still nothing I want on steam other than that stupid ass rocket league game, which I'm waiting on the winter sale for because I'm cheap.