Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: So Lillard is leading the Blazers (sans LMA, Batum) to the playoffs but Russ couldn't

Quote Originally Posted by k0kakw0rld
    EMPTY STATS at his finest.

The point is, the Blazers are not supposed to even be there to begin with.
    You really want to compare last year's Thunder to this Blazers team?
    It's not empty stats when you're winning, like the guy above me said Westbrook had a really good win percentage for a team that didn't have another All-Star playing consistently throughout the season.

People have predicted the Blazers to go near .500 during this season, just because you didn't doesn't mean the consensus was that they'd suck this year. People knew McCollum was going to have this MIP season and for their role players (Aminu, Davis, Plumlee) to play really well. I even predicted the Blazers to win 40 games this season in a preseason prediction game on this site.

And go ahead and compare this year's Thunder team if you want and you'll see the best healthy teammate on either team is McCollum.

Default Re: So Lillard is leading the Blazers (sans LMA, Batum) to the playoffs but Russ couldn't

Different west this year compared to last year. Just like how the East is completely different this year compared to last year, how didn't you notice that?

Last year, AD was doing work in the post and his team was healthy, thus they made a real push and made it. This year, his coach wants him shooting 3's and his team is banged tf up, with Evans now out for the season.

That being said, I'm not trying to take anything away from Lillard since he has been phenomenal and I already made a thread a few days ago praising him and the Blazers, rather this is to debunk you trying to talk down about Westbrook.

Both are awesome and I'd LOVE to have either on my team, but Westbrook is superior. Plain and simple.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I would take McCollum over anyone the Thunder not named Westbrook or Durant.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi
    Last season, Westbrook played in 67 games. In those 67 games, the Thunder went 40-27, which equals a winning percentage of 0.597.

Lillard's Blazers are currently, after 54 games, sitting at 27-27, which obviously equals a wining percentage of .500.

Stupid thread.
    Pretty much. What is the Blazers record specifically with Lillard? I doubt it is better, I'm just curious since he missed some games too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    It's not empty stats when you're winning, like the guy above me said Westbrook had a really good win percentage for a team that didn't have another All-Star playing consistently throughout the season.

People have predicted the Blazers to go near .500 during this season, just because you didn't doesn't mean the consensus was that they'd suck this year. People knew McCollum was going to have this MIP season and for their role players (Aminu, Davis, Plumlee) to play really well. I even predicted the Blazers to win 40 games this season in a preseason prediction game on this site.

And go ahead and compare this year's Thunder team if you want and you'll see the best healthy teammate on either team is McCollum.
    I think most people here, me included, thought the Blazers would be one of the worst teams in the league. Considering they lost 3 starters from last year's squad, including their best player (LMA) and 3rd best player (Matthews) and really didn't do much to replace them. So give credit where it's due.