Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Default Re: Mavs in full blow panic/rebuild mode

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    And I think Carlisle is actually hurting the franchise at this point. I swear that guy could make the playoffs with Dirk + D-League players.
    Carlisle got the Pacers to the playoffs after the Malice in the Palace.

He is a great coach. Stubborn on some things, but a great coach.

But it isn't Carlisle's fault. He isn't holding the team back. Being a 7th/8th seed isn't going to be any better than being a mid tier lottery team.

Cuban just doesn't value the draft or young assets.

Donnie wanted the Mavs to draft The Greek Freak. Cuban turned that down and drafted Shane Larkin instead because he wanted to use that money to get Dwight Howard.

He drafted Satnam Singh last year and immediately **laughed on the phone** and said: Now there are a billion Mav fans in India.

He doesn't care about the draft. AT ALL.

In fact, Michael Finley got into the draft room this year and changed their whole approach to the way they evaluate talent and look to draft.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    From a team building stand point...it's been like that since really the 04 season.

Dirk was just better in the past and capable of doing a lot more carrying teams.

I've tried to explain this before...go back and look at the teams Cuban/Nellie have built in terms of players/coaches since the 04 season.

Nothing is of note...other than 11...and Tyson wasn't even something they were after...he fell into their lap.

They have been so much worse than any casual fan realizes.
    No doubt. I always wonder what Dirk would be able to accomplish in this career if he had casts like other all-time greats..

Banned

Mavs also pursued dellavadova and he's gone to the bucks.

o lawd.

its all crashing down.