Quote Originally Posted by Achilleas
    derozan 5/139
    beal 5/125
    batum 5/120
    WOW

Scrubs getting paid more than ever. What a time

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Default Re: klay 4/70 dray 5/82

When Klay signed his deal...I didn't think he was worth it. I vastly under-rated both him as a player and the player he would become.

Everyone knew the Draymond deal was great regardless, but especially given the cap increases coming.

Some of the contracts signed the last 2 years are going to look unreal good tomorrow and the following days.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Some of the contracts signed the last 2 years are going to look unreal good tomorrow and the following days.
    Was just thinking about this with Middleton, I remember a decent amount of people not liking the deal and now it's going to be by far one of the sickest deals in the league. Dude is earning less than freaking Mozgov, and Derozan is getting literally double the money

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Was just thinking about this with Middleton, I remember a decent amount of people not liking the deal and now it's going to be by far one of the sickest deals in the league. Dude is earning less than freaking Mozgov, and Derozan is getting literally double the money
    Yep.

But those who knew Middleton's game...knew that was a great contract even at the time.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

must feel good when u make more than that guy putting up 32 points, 15 rebounds and nine assists in game 7 of the finals

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I loved that deal for the Bucks and it's even better now. $14M/year for the entire prime of a 2-way wing is a bargain. They killed it on that deal.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    When Klay signed his deal...I didn't think he was worth it. I vastly under-rated both him as a player and the player he would become.

Everyone knew the Draymond deal was great regardless, but especially given the cap increases coming.

I wasn't super shocked by it, though it seemed like a lot for somebody who didn't have quite the ballhandling chops you'd like for a wing. I thought even with cap smoothing it'd be a good deal. Now it's an absolute bargain.

However they were really smart about it. Instead of agreeing to a true max, they settled on $17.5M a year. That way when the cap went up a few million, his contract didn't go up. Really smart management there actually.

meanwhile Curry getting paid 12 mil.... he deserves less than that for being the worst MVP to ever play in the finals.

DeRozan is 5/145 btw.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    DeRozan is 5/145 btw.
    I would have let him walk rather than give him $29M/year. That contract could look really ugly in Year 3.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    must feel good when u make more than that guy putting up 32 points, 15 rebounds and nine assists in game 7 of the finals
    holy shit, that's what steph's third option put up? Certainly, he doesn't need more help, does he?